“Never a bad meal”

Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to the BP last night with my wife. I had the seafood mozambique and she had a scrod special. We were both very pleased with our meals. The food was EXCELLENT - as it always seems to be here. I have never had a bad meal at the BP.

My only criticism is with the seating - which is tight. The quality of the food more than offsets this issue. We will be back.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local person. I have to echo the other reviewer about "hidden value". I also had the salmon and found the restaurant clean but rather plain. I do prefer good food over fancy decor so this place is a gem. Serving size was plentiful. The desserts looked delicious. My husband had the blueberry pie and said it was very good. He had started with a bucket of steamer that he said were very sweet. His meal was the fried clam plate. We both thought it was large for the price.
It was a snowy evening when we visited so there were only a few tables occupied.
I would recommend this spot to families in particular due to the variety in the menu. Everyone would find something they liked.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This small restaurant located on a side street gives no hint to the wonderful food in store for its customers. Beside a good size menu that includes seafood, chicken, beef, and Italian dinners (as well as pizza and sandwiches) , they also have a blackboard with daily specials. My favorite is their salmon with a creamy dill sauce. Shortly after being seated, each table is presented with a basket of warm rolls and cornbread with butter. The waitstaff is efficient and freindly. Although I rarely have room for desert after a big meal, the deserts also looked yummy.
Both the dining room and separate small bar were clean but plain. However, the quality of the food is the hidden value of this dining experience.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Im really surprised by the reviews that I am reading. My experiences here have only been very good. Reasonably priced and a decent variety to the menu. The table are positioned a bit close to each other would be my only criticism. Hard to take someone seriously that uses the term "clam oil" not once but TWICE!! Give Blue Point a try and judge for yourself. Can't say I go here too often but it is always a good choice for a reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

They were going to make us get up from the bar with our drinks and let another couple who didn't feel like waiting sit at the bar. We had to ask for a bread basket while everyone else had one. Thought it was a given, everyone got one. Ordered clam oil , the worst clam oil I ever had. Loaded with sand. The staff never apologized or offered to take something off the bill. The worst meel I've had in a long time. The service was terrible. Not worth all that money I work so hard for every week. Terrible dining experience. I wonder if it was because my husband was dark and I am under 50?