“Main course was tasteless, not what is expected from a French Resturant.”

Le Lyonnais Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Lyonnais Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Acton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I have wanted to go back to Le Lyonaise. I had been there over 25 years ago. First the French wine selection was meager. They were out of Cote de Rhone so they offered a Spanish wine. We wanted French so we chose a nice Bordeaux. The mushroom crepe was devine, very tasty, presentation was not the best as it was just on a plate... kind of what you would do at home, nothing fancy. The salads were tasty but nothing special. I had Coquille St Jacque for an entree, my friends had two different chicken dishes. The plates were very hot, an indication that they had been sitting under a heater or in the oven. The chicken was dry and tasteless, the scallops were the same, very bland. They served the same rice with all the dishes including the crepe appetizer. There is no ingenuity and besides the rice had a very strong taste. In general the food was very boring. Not my idea of French dining.

1  Thank soccergirl123

Reviewed December 26, 2011

My husband and I recently went to Le Lyonnais to celebrate our anniversary. We thought it would a terrific place for a special dinner and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and prepared expertly. I had the Salad Gerard as an appetizer and there was enough salad for two people. My husband had Smoked Wild Salmon on a bed of mesclun. The greens in both salads were so fresh it seemed as if they had been picked from the garden that day. The dressing on the Salad Gerad was amazing and the pears were the ideal ripeness. The smoked wild salmon was very flavorful.

For an entree I had the Duo of Wild Salmon and Natural Sea Scallops Bordelaise. The sauce was light and complemented the seafood. Both the salmon and scallops were cooked perfectly. My husband had the Seafood Crêpe Bretonne which had a wonderful assortment of seafood with a delicate sauce. Both entrees were delicious.

The portions were larger than expected so unfortunately we did not have room for dessert. We went to Le Lyonnais for a special occasion, but after our dinner we would consider any dinner at Le Lyonnais a special occasion and will definitely return soon...and the next time we will save room for dessert!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Last week we returned to Lyonnias, one of our favorate restaurants in the past. The meals were horrible! Two members of our family got very sick for the following day (from eating two different meals)! The meals were unimpressive, appeared re-heated, one of the sides overly and strangely spiced, the fish inedible. At the end, it was a very disappointing experience. The prices are high, so you would expect not to get food poisoning. Even though the owner/chef is delightful, this place seems to be running on its past reputation.

2  Thank Moniquec1
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My wife and I have been going here for about 10 years for our special occasions and we have never had a less than great meal. The food is always well prepared and elegantly served. You can tell that the owner chef, who has been here for 40 years, really enjoys cooking. The atmosphere is quiet and home-like since you are actually eating in the chef's house. Service is good and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed January 26, 2011

Le Lyonnais is not a restaurant you go to and expect to sit down and have a meal in an hour (2 hours including aps and desert is pushing it). You are definitely not hurried. Some restaurants in Boston may serve better food, but you don't get to enjoy (savor) it like you do here.

Food - French inspired is probably a better word to describe. I have been several times and eaten off of the Prix Fixe Menu. Roast Venison can be a difficult dish, because it has a tendency to be gamey (tough). They did it just right.