“No consistently decent table service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Julies Place

Julies Place
Ranked #30 of 60 Restaurants in Acton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Acton, Massachusetts, USA
“No consistently decent table service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The coffee could be a lot better especially with the rising prices at this diner. The food is hit or miss. Breakfast is pretty good; dinner is pretty poor. I no longer sit in Carol's section. (Tip: ask who serves in which section!) She is a rude waitress who seemingly has no regard for her job or the quality of service she delivers. Whether alone, with family or friends, she consistently embarrasses herself and the owner of the restaurant.

Visited October 2013

Acton, Massachusetts
“Good Breakfast (All Day)”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The service at Julie's depends on what waitress you get, I have found that at dinner, service is slow. I only order breakfast and the food is consistent. I like being able to order breakfast all day. I found if I keep my expectations low, I am happy! I do enjoy bringing my kids here too..

Visited September 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Julie's diner”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Julie's Diner is great, I used to go there on a weekly basis, until one of the waitresses there was extremly rude, so unfortunately I will never, ever go back! Customer Service is number one!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
“UNACCEPTABLE”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I am not a one review Trip Advisor malcontent. This was truly the worst restaurant experience I can remember.

We have lived in Acton MA since 1999 and have eaten at Julies a dozen times. They are known for decent breakfast food and spotty service. Most times, the food is worth the wait and the surly service. Today it wasn't. We went out for a Father's Day breakfast, my wife, daughter and I. We entered Julies at 1pm. A very pleasant woman greeted us, brought us coffee and said our waitress would be with us in a minute. So far so good. Our waitress appeared within five minutes, took our order and informed us they were out of breakfast potatoes which would be replaced with fries and out of most bread for toast. We ordered eggs, pancakes and corned beef hash right off the menu - this will be important later. 15 minutes later, we were informed that the bread we had chosen for our toast had run out and our choice was now wheat or raisin. We were having a great time tell stories and the time flew past but 20 minutes later we realized we didn't have any food nor were we offered a second cup of coffee. We asked the very pleasant woman to flag down our waitress who was busy playing with an infant at the counter. When she finally came over we asked about our food. She said we were the second to next ticket up in the kitchen and she was clearly annoyed that we had asked. She said, we have a whole other dinning room to service and your food will be right up. We asked for the check. To summarize, we have been in a breakfast restaurant for 40 minutes, we've had one cup of coffee and our order was still just a ticket in the kitchen. We asked for our check again. 5 minutes later it was slammed onto our table with the full breakfast order included. We asked for the manager. The manager, we assume it was Julie herself, came out and said the food was coming and given her injured knee she was doing the best she could. Since Julie had been sitting at the counter the whole time and had no impact on the kitchen we didn't see why her injured knee had anything to do with this except provide another lame excuse. We told Julie we had been there 40 minutes, we had one cup of coffee and our food order was still a ticket in the kitchen. She said the delay was our fault because of what we ordered. We looked at her for 10 seconds in disbelief. If ordering eggs, pancakes and corned beef hash requires more than 40 minutes to prepare, how is that our fault. At that point, she said the coffee was on her and she limped off.

I find this entire experience unacceptable. When it's the customers' fault that a breakfast restaurant can not process an order in a timely fashion or even offer a second cup of coffee during a 40 minutes wait for food, its time to never set foot in this establishment again. And, I will tell everyone I know this story. And I know a lot of people in Acton.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Actondad
Groton, Massachusetts
“Just ok”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to breakfast on a Thursday morning, and we were seated right away. Service was great. Our waitress was very friendly, and attentive. Food was just ok. My brother had the eggs and hash on an english muffin (don't remember their name for this). Poached eggs were overcooked, hash was just ok, and the muffin was partially burnt. Price was decent. I had 2 slices of french toast. The french toast was fine. Since there were no "combos" with either the french toast or the pancakes, everything else is a side. After adding eggs, bacon and home fries, it was ridiculously expensive for a simple breakfast. And what is it with home fries? Very few places get them right. These were mostly just cubes of mushed potato. Some had a crispy side, some did not. If you're in the area, go and just keep your order simple. Would not go out of my way to go back.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Julies Place? Share your experiences!