“Wish I could...”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Walnut Creek, California
“Wish I could...”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

...rate more than mediocre, but after my latest visit to Bagels Plus I'm not sure I'll be back any time soon. Second time in a row they've been out of about 1/4 of their bagel varieties.at the peak of lunch hour, including the one I wanted. Hummus with veggies - veggies were plentiful but i couldn't even taste the hummus. i had to check the bagel to see if it was even on there - just enough to color the bagel but probably less than a teaspoon for the entire sandwich. 5 teenage girls were working the counter, 3 were quite attentive and the other 2 were glued to their smartphones. It is unfortunate there are no other viable bagel places in town, because I'd patronize them in a heartbeat.

• Visited August 2013

Acton, Massachusetts, USA
“worst service ever”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The only saving grace here is that my 10-yr old loves the plain bagel with cream cheese...can't really mess that one up.

For me, I had another particularly bad experience. After being stared at by at least 3 of the empty-headed teens behind the counter, one finally stepped up to take my order. I ordered a sausage, egg and cheese on an everything bagel with havarti cheese and my wife ordered a bacon and cheese on an onion. My bagel sandwich was presented with bacon rather than sausage. My wife's was presented with egg (she happens to have a very strong dislike for eggs of any kind) on the wrong kind of bagel. We sent them both back and received attitude.

When they were "remade" you could tell that all they had done was removed the bacon on mine and replaced it with sausage as there were little sausage bitties left behind...

My wife's was placed on the correct type of bagel with extremely dry bacon and the wrong kind of cheese. She refused to let me say anything; not that it would have made a difference.

I will be taking my business elsewhere and would recommend the same until a mature and responsible oversight is present at all times.

• Visited May 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
“Best bagels in Boston area”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We're from NYC and searched in vain in the Boston area for decent bagels. Then we moved to Acton,and Bagels Plus opened, and we've been devotees ever since. These are real New York style bagels. Buy a dozen to take home, and don't forget to ask for a freezer bag if you're not eating them all the first day. Get some cream cheese to put on top, too. Maybe some of the excellent lox. Or eat in the shop. It's nothing fancy, but a bunch of tables and chairs in a large, sunny room. Chat with friends, or sit and people watch. The coffee's good, the cream cheese is excellent, there's a nice choice of breakfast and lunch sandwiches (on bagels, of course) but most of all: these are real bagels, boiled and baked on the premises.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ACT-MA
“Great bagels - any type and toppings you could want”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

For breakfast (cream cheese, pb&j, or egg) or lunch sandwich bagels, this is the place to go. Nice atmosphere, reasonable prices. Also good selection of drinks - coffee, tea, cold drinks. If it's crowded downstairs, there's a supplemental dining area upstairs.

• Visited February 2013
Concord, Massachusetts
“Best bagels in town!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We visit here often. They have the best bagels in town with a very friendly staff. The variety is always good and they have tables to sit and chat and sip fresh coffee/tea.......

Visited December 2012