“An interesting take on barbecue.”
Review of Po's Ribs and Barbecue - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Po's Ribs and Barbecue
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food has an interesting asian take on spice. The chef shows some imagination. The service is friendly.

There are newer reviews for Po's Ribs and Barbecue

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Po's is a tiny restaurant tucked into a corner in Acton, MA. I found this restaurant by redeeming some air miles. We were pleasantly surprised by the interior. Nicely done with a bar along side the pub tables. We ordered take out and were extremely happy with our selection. I had never heard of this restaurant, although we are only 30 minutes away. Hoping that they do some advertising a little west of their location in Acton.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

10 minutes from my house, I had actually been to a coffee shop next door several times and not noticed this place. It's a little corner in a strip mall. When you walk in, it's a sports bar sprinkled with locals yammering about this and that. It's a tad loud, and there are a couple of TVs over the bar.

You order anyway because you're already there.

Then the food shows up and everything changes. All I can say is "holy crap"... talk about a surprise. I ordered a brisket sandwich, which was delicious. the baked beans and cole slaw were home made. My sweetie ordered baby back ribs. They were slathered in OTC BBQ sauce like at a chain, they were cooked perfectly, you add your own sauce. She had green beans, which were shockingly fresh and not frozen.

Granted, neither of us drank any alcohol, but still- we got out of there for $23 plus tip. The same thing at a chain like TGIF (where we have had to go when my beter half craves ribs) would have been at least $35 or $40, of course they don't have brisket there, but, just sayin'...)

The service was also very good.

It's not a cozy little romantic spot, it's sort of a corner dive that looks like it should have been a Tom Hortons or a Krispy Kreme. If you go here, you flat out go for the food. They also have discounts on take out orders.

As we left, we were actually sad that we just now discovered this place so close to home as we are moving in a couple of months.

DELICIOUS and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Korte Y
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Po's seamlessly goes between spicy cole slaw (perhaps a cousin to Kim Chee?), Southern style ribs, tasty Burgers and a Mai Tai, you might think that Po's has an identity crisis but instead it has a menu that can please all members of your party. The Cole Slaw was delicious, but even better the ribs were crispy, juicy and delicious.
A go-to place with super friendly and efficient service, great eclectic menu, and a neat, clean, roomy and comfortable seating area.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great find! We've been to Po's many time for consistently tasty barbecue served in generous portions. The atmosphere is attractive, simple and cozy. You can sit at the bar or at comfortable tables. There are a number of choices on the menu, but the barbecue is so good I have never tried the other items. Sharon has been our gracious waitress on each visit, and does a superb job. The barbecue is available on a "Sandwich platter" and includes two sides or a larger full dinner platter. Either is extraordinary, and often the generous barbecue sandwich platter is more than ample for my needs. This is a wondeful place for a delicious, simple lunch or dinner at very reasonable prices.

2  Thank FortPondMan