“We will be going back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Local Table - CLOSED

The Local Table
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Local Table is a West Acton destination for weekday lunch, weekend brunch, drinks, and dinner. Our food is extraordinarily honest: every dish is crafted to order; we use fresh, high-quality ingredients; and nearly everything, but for a few condiments, is house-made. We source our fresh produce locally whenever possible, and do business primarily with local suppliers.We strive to create gratifying food and drink. There is a variety of small plates for omnivores and vegetarians; comfort foods with an upscale twist (Brioche French Toast for brunch, Lobster Mac & Cheese or Shepherd’s Pie Carbonnade for dinner); and distinctive takes on classics (Ipswich Crab Cakes, Veal Francese). Or you can relax with a locally made brew and a delicious, juicy burger — voted “Best in Acton.” Lunchtime features hearty sandwiches, soups, quiches, and salads. Our bar offers regional beers; wines from small growers and sustainably managed vineyards; and and specialty cordial drinks, many using liqueurs from New England. Our burgers are from Midwest beef raised on a vegetarian diet, are hormone and antibiotic free, and have a DNA trace-back (meaning a burger comes from only one cow). Our chicken and turkey are antibiotic-free, humanely raised, and processed in state-of-the-art facilities. Our chicken supplier conducts a sustainability program to reduce power, water, and materials use, and our turkey is from a cooperative of family farms whose processing plant has reduced its power and water consumption. We work to use suppliers whose values align with ours.The Local Table supports local people advancing local causes, and is committed to enriching community by being a resource and destination for groups and organizations — whether for networking, meetings, and/or fundraising events. The owner is a member of coalitions that support legislation to improve working conditions and wages for restaurant workers; all workers at The Local Table are paid a living wage.
Maynard, Massachusetts
“We will be going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We went to The Local Table for dinner last night. The food was EXCELLENT. We had the edamame dumplings and crab cakes, and my husband had a burger. The beer selection could be larger but there was a nice spread of tastes. Service was genuinely friendly. We will definitely go back, as we usually have our 5 yr old along and it is family friendly. The lighting and ambiance in fact feel a little more family oriented, not sure if this is intentional or if it felt that way because we were there so early. Also looking forward to coming for the music some time. All in all I am so glad we checked out this place as it will definitely become one of our regular haunts!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Patricia W
Rose1856, Owner at The Local Table, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Local Table. I am thrilled that our staff made you feel welcome and that the food was "excellent" during your visit. Our early Saturday dinner crowd includes some families seeking a convenient but delicous dinner choice after a busy day of errands and/or sports. We love the natural light the dining room offers with its big windows but we do dim the lights later in the evening! I certainly hope you can join us soon for some excellent music and dinner.

With gratitude,
Rose

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Mushroom Swiss Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The BEST Mushroom Swiss Burger we've ever tasted anywhere. The high quality beef burger is loaded with mushrooms and swiss cheese. It was excellently cooked to juicy perfection just the way we like it. The combination of flavors was simply mouthwateringly delicious. The chip fries were light and crisp. The crunchy flavor complimented the very large beef burger. We enjoyed the great selection of beer too. The Black Allagash, a Belgian-Style Stout from Maine is full bodied dark and bold. There is a great selection of a varierty of beers for those who prefer finer selections of crafted beer. We thoroughly enjoyed the warm inviting atmosphere, and excellent lunch. We highly recommend The Local Table in West Acton as a friendly hidden treasure. We appreciated the extra care to creating higher quality meals. We tasted the difference during our lunch here!
Elaine and Barry

• Visited March 2013
Acton, Massachusetts
“Good Meal, Nice Surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This was a first-time visit to a restaurant we last had previously known as Savory Lane at 6:30 on a cold March Thursday evening. The new owners have created a lovely interior, a nice relaxing feeling.

Our first reaction to the menu was that everything seemed seemed about 25% pricier than we'd anticipated or justified in the area, with most entrees' in the upper teens, burgers in lower teens. However, we later agreed that the food was better that we'd expected, so we were not disappointed. My wife ordered an excellent Reuben sandwich, loaded with all the proper ingredients on an especially delicious bread, accompanied by wonderful french fries that were just-right crispy on the outside and soft inside, all for $12. I ordered the Beef Carbonnade. I admit that I chose this dish mostly curious about the name. It is best described as chunks of beef in a gravy on top of a mound of mashed potato. It was tasty and the portion was ample for any appetite. But it seemed more like an entree that should be priced at 13.95, rather than the 17.95. In fairness though, it was accompanied by a choice of House or Caesar salad. I chose the Caesar. Ingredients were fresh and cold, with a mild Caesar dressing.

After we'd ordered I did have a look at the two-fisted burgers several people at a nearby table were having. Wow. I will try one of those next time.

1 Thank FortPondMan
Rose1856, Owner at The Local Table, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I am so pleased you had a positive experience in your first visit to The Local Table. Thank you for your honest and balanced review and one that I believe will be very helpful to other travelers or future diners.

I wanted to comment on your observation reagrding our pricing and quality. I do use and prepare quality higher cost ingredients which may not be immediately noticeable when glancing at the prices. The beef burgers are all natural, DNA traceable (one burger=one cow) US beef and are just delicious. I put these on brioche rolls made by Iggy's bakery in Cambridge, MA. Our chicken and turkey are all natural as well; we use locally grown produce when we can get it and prepare all our produce fresh to order (not pre-cut and packaged in a solution that many restaurants use).

Last, while this is not usually on the mind of of a diner, I'll share with you that unlike most restaurants (particularly chains), I pay my staff a living wage in contrast to minimum/poverty line wage. While it is not a lot of money compared to other professions, it is better than most restaurants. In return, I have committed quality staff who take pride in their work and are invested in making your experience the best it can be.

In closing, I am pleased you appreciated what we have to offer and do come in for a two fisted burger. I know you will not be disappointed!

Best regards
Rose Saia
Acton-MA
“Great addition to luncheon sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

President's Day and all our usual haunts in Acton were full with waits for lunch- at 1:15 pm!
Fortunately, we decided to try Local Table, and add a first class experience. Walking in, we were immediately greated and shown to a table. Atmosphere is clean, bright, and quiet enough that my wife and I could converse easily. Good selection of beer, especially IPAs, and my wife loved their Savignon Blanc by the glass. We shared a Rachel sandwich- (Reuben with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut) which was well grilled, on great bread, lean meat, and fabulous flavor.
Our server, Rose, was attentive and ethusiastic without being intrusive or pushy.
Now we're figuring out which evening to return and look for a repeat experience at dinner.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank INQC
“Pulled Pork!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I'm a huge BBQ fan and didn't plan on having BBQ at the LT but they had a home smoked pulled pork special this past Monday. It was so good so tender not covered in sauce you find most places which lets the smokey flavor stand out. I asked the gentleman who made the sandwich he told me he smokes it himself in a tiny weber smoker out back and makes the coleslaw from scratch. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it. Ive been here a few times but will be coming regularly now!

• 3 of 5 bubbles