“Good food close to home”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've been going to Crossroads for 30 years as I used to work just a block away and live a mile away. This review may help the selection process for their menu. There are some really VERY GOOD selections such as the Lobster bisque, the burgers, the ribs (Terrific, best in the area) taco salad, (add a small bowl of their chili on top), caesar salad with shrimp or salmon or chicken. Order what this kind of restaurant is going to do well. It is not high-end fine cuisine. Service is ok but there seems to be high turnover in waitstaff. May I repeat myself - the ribs are great, get the full portion of fall off the bone meat with extra bbq sauce and you will take half home.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Crossroads is a great watering hole. Food is average but the portions are substantial. Bar area is crowded, but they offer peanuts (there are a lot of TVs but limited big screens due to space constraints). Good place to take the family or meet friends after work.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is our go to local place on Friday nights or during the week when we want a casual dinner with very good food in a nice atmosphere. Far better than any chain pub, this has the feel of a real irish pub. In the winter, we always seem to gravitate to splitting a small lobster chowder, which we both generally stay away because of the cream and butter, but cant resist it....so delicious! Goes great with the complimentary homemade mini bread loaf that accompanies your meal. The menu has upscale pub and comfort food, but with a twist. They also give you a really great pour on the house wines, too. The base menu is not overly extensive, but they always have at least a 1/2 dozen or more specials which are usually just terrific. Great local pub. We have always had very good servers in both the bar and the dining room, although we do prefer the bar just because we're typically there when a game is going on. They have a lot of flat screens in the bar, making game viewing very good (and we like snacking on the in-shell bar peanuts while we have a cocktail before dinner).

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Fair at best is what our family said when leaving restaurant. We went at 6:00 PM on a Thursday evening. No one in place (not a good sign), but we did not know area and wanted to grab a decent meal. They placed us in a booth near kitchen despite passing 10 others empty that could have held our party.

The menu was quite pricey for a neighborhood restaurant. Meals range from $15-$20 and samdwiched were around $10.. My wife and daughter order a BBQ Pork Samdwich and I asked our server how the Lobster Roll was. She said awesome and was very popular. WIth that recommendation, I ordered it and looked forward to having a good lobster roll.

All three meals came out extremely quickly. The BBQ Pork Sandwiches were just Porl Loin with BBQ Sauce topping it. What a disappointment for both wife and daughter as they were expecting a little more than just Pork Loin topped with BBQ Sauce. Normally this comes out having been cooked in BBQ Sauce and smothered to make sure the meat was flavored in all areas.

The Lobster Roll was the worst I have ever purchased. The bread was a very nice roll, but lobster was not to be found. What a letdown, as all it included was ground lobster with lots of mayo and lettuce. I even said to the waitress after paying the bill NEVER to recommend that meal to anyone else.

$50 dollars later, my family and I felt ripped off. Safe to say we will never return.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

I have been to Crossroads four times - once for dinner in the dining room, once for dinner in the bar, once for lunch with the kids and once for take-out. All three times the service was above average - waitress are always busy. Have never had to wait long for food or drinks although there is usually always a wait for a table. The first time I went with the kids (baby and toddler) and the server was helpful. I ordered chicken soup for the kids which was very salty and overcooked. I can't even remember what else I ordered. Went back with my husband, MIL and kids for dinner. We all got steaks, which were good. We were seated at a round in the middle of the small dining room. The tables were too close together and it was loud. The food was ok.

We ordered take out one night - I got the trout, which was basic and very good.

Went back on a thursday night for dinner and there was a wait so my husband and I decided to get a beer and eat in the bar. We both ordered the B&M Old Fashioned Filet which has garlic butter on top - more like an entire head of minced garlic - it was too overpowering for both of us. We scraped most of the garlic off the steak - the steak was good otherwise, I guess. The salad was small and fresh. The toast points and sweet potato were good. I ordered a brownie sundae for dessert, which was enormous. I don't love nuts in my brownie, so to me, it was just ok. My husband got the apple crisp, which he said was good, just not good enough to finish.

Overall, its a fun place to grab a beer in the bar and have a bite to eat. The menu lacks creativity but the meals are solid and good. The service is adequate - no real complaints, no shining reviews. Its definitely not a place I am dying to go back too. I would probably only eat there again out of convenience.

Been to Crossroads Cafe? Share your experiences!