“GREAT for takeout & delivery, dining-in needs a little help!”
Review of Yomato Sushi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yomato Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The sushi rivals the best Annapolis has to offer, and they happily deliver. Dining in leaves a lot to be desired though. I think most of their business is takeout. They have a great variety of cooked sushi rolls, with great descriptions, which makes it nice for someone like me who doesn't prefer raw sushi to still be adventurous beyond the standard California roll. They offer brown rice too, which is an added bonus. Try their "Yomato Tofu" (fried tofu with fish flakes), so good!

There are newer reviews for Yomato Sushi

Reviewed May 19, 2012

If you are in the Annapolis area and looking for excellent sushi, then brave the crowds downtown and pass by this little place. If you live north of Annapolis then you might consider eating sushi here. The prices are better than downtown, the sushi can vary from mediocre to excellent, and they deliver. However......the service can vary from indifferent, to strangely rude, to extremely helpful and friendly. We don't tend to eat in as there's not much of an atmosphere in there. One time we were in there the couple who run it had a full-on stand up argument while we ate. I've seen people get up and leave when they haven't been served quickly enough too. We go back because it's convenient and on the whole the food is good (like I said, it can be really good sometimes). One thing I am very careful about is my bill - I have twice been 'accidentally' overcharged here (ten dollars each time).

Reviewed November 18, 2011

We used to be regular Yomato delivery customers, ordering at a pace near $60 per order at least once a month, tipping about 10%. Delivery was slower than pizza standards, but the driver and food was reliable. Maybe three-star sushi, but perfectly apt for delivery. One night we ordered and were told 50 minutes. After an hour, we called to check, and were told it was on the way with no elaboration. After another 30 minutes, we called again, with similar result. The food arrived after 1 hour 40 minutes. A new driver presented the food as if nothing was amiss. I paid with a dirty look and no tip, but didn't say anything. We received a voice mail about 30 minutes later (apparently from the driver back at the restaurant, presumably with the blessing of management) that because we'd been unhappy with delivery in the past that Yomato would no longer deliver to our house. We'd never been previously unhappy or had an problems and had actually had quite cheery exchanges with the previous driver and professional exchanges putting in orders.

So Yomato is the kind of place that delivers sushi an hour late to $100/month customers with no remorse then subsequently blackballs them. I'm writing this review months after the fact, with plenty of time to cool off about it, and I've written several favorable reviews on TripAdvisor. Although it's been many years, I have firsthand knowledge of restaurant delivery from a particularly prickly establishment, and I know even from that experience that it takes more than a dirty look for a paying customer to get blackballed, and that you don't get a tip for delivering food an hour late (not to mention $60 worth of sushi), so I'm genuinely aghast at this experience. I strongly encourage you not to patronize Yomato in Arnold, Md.

6  Thank Aerocraft67
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Great value and they have delivery!

Reviewed May 13, 2009

Go a few more miles down Route 2 into Annapolis and your choices multiple. I will not tell you where I go, because I don't like crowds. The service here was terrible and the food was so bad, that my wife and I took it home and threw away. I felt bad leaving it there, didn'y want them to feel let down. By the way, the other reviews must have been placed here by the employees.