“Great neighborhood spot!”

Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Arnold
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I have been going to O'Loughlin's since they opened. This is a terrific place to tie up, relax with a couple of good beers and great food.

I'm partial to fried calamari, and theirs is among the best anywhere. I ordered the fried calamari, which is an appetizer, and a salad for dinner and it was very satisfying. Other appetizers that I've had include honey-baked brie, stuffed mushrooms and stuffed jalapenos. These are really good also. In fact, I ordered plain wings, and used their red-wine vinaigrette as a dipping sauce instead of blue cheese. It was fantastic!!

The side/dinner salads are ALWAYS crisp and fresh. They have the usual dressings, but their red-wine vinaigrette is outstanding and not overpowering! The entree salads are equally delicious and they are a great value.

I've had pretty much everything on the menu and I've NEVER been disappointed. The service is prompt and everyone on the staff is very cordial! I'll be back again and again!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We have lived in Maryland for 15 years and enjoy dining out. I can't think of a restaurant we have frequented more than O'Loughlins. We take guests from out of town, our Midshipmen, our Midshipmen's parents and consistently we find great food and value for the price. The wings win awards but we also like the roast beef sandwich, the crab cakes, crab dip pizza and beer battered haddock. The owner, Tom, comes by every time to make sure our meal is just right. After dozens of visits, we have never been disappointed.

1  Thank AnnapolisMD4
Reviewed December 10, 2010

They have great prices and good food. Overall, this place has great value, especially lobster night on Thursday. The wings are great.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Since this is less than 5 minutes away from where I live, I was hoping this would be a regular. I ordered take out last night. First, I was disappointed I couldn't use a coupon for take out but oh, well.

The salads that came with the entrees were of good size. I had the Caesar salad. It was fine but nothing special.

We had the jalapeno poppers as an appetizer. I will give them credit for coming up with a different twist on poppers but I prefer the traditional take. These are very papriky tasting and SUPER spicy (I normally like spicy and the menu warns they are spicy so I don't fault them for this). They also stuff them with chicken but they could use some more cheese. They come with sour cream instead of traditional ranch which makes sense.

I had the shrimp pasta entree which was decent but nothing to write home about. My husband had the prime rib. He took one bite and pronounced it "okay." The vegetables that came with the meal were just sad. About 2 pieces of broccoli and 2 pieces of cauliflower.

Overall, I was hoping to enjoy their food but do not plan to return.

2  Thank 9,653
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We've been to O's many times. Monday is great, they have a good wing special and the beer is as cold as you'd expect. Regular specials.... Nice menu selections

The thing about this place is that you always get what you'd expect.

You could recomed them to friends.

Been to O'Loughlin's Restaurant? Share your experiences!