I read a few of the reviews here in regards to this hotel and opted to give it a try. We checked out today and here is how our trip was starting with check-in and lobby to our room and hotel amenities.
Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly and allowed to check-in a few moments early & as a govt worker I got that discount! Although I requested a high floor (there are only 5) I was given floor two. Really, that was cool with me. In the lobby near the check-in desk & snacks area is the microwave. The exterior is well maintained (flowers /sprinklers) Be forewarned some sprinklers WILL get you or your car really wet during the late night as it runs a full throttle. As you enter on the far right side, there is a small trash can that clearly needs to be larger in size since trash overflowed from it, constantly. Since it no longer has the cigarette sand on the top of it, I would urge the hotel to consider replacing it since seeing used McD, or Chic-Fil-A bags and food was not a pleasant site. The actual location was a refreshing change from the hustle-bustle of AA Mills hotels...this place is QUIET and an exit from there as well as Ft Meade/NSA. There is a 7-11 up the street on the left. You will see a few geese or cats. As I took my morning walks I saw them the most.
NOW inside, the lobby had a nice lay-out with many mini-regions to unwind since going outside in the "courtyard" was unrealistic due to the extreme heat. There were two or three CPUs available with a view of the courtyard and a large TV. There was a bar area too. The pool and gym are around this corner and kinda hidden. During our stay, many teens were present due to a JO (junior olympics) event happening. However, they were quiet and WELL mannered...I thank their parents and mentors for the job they are doing with those teens. I will not rate the breakfast since we didnt use that service. The pool was a nice size as was the gym.
Once we got to the room, it was VERY clean and cool. With the outside temps, it was greatly appreciated. Some of the rooms, two to be exact, were right on the stairwell and you would have to go thru a doorway to get to the rest of the hall..(the hallway layout seemed strange). Inside the room was a large TV on a swivel stand, modern furniture, and a wall locker (closet). Overall the layout of the room didn't flow well. The bed faced the window and the light would come in on you as you slept, and the TV was off to the left sorta inbedded by the wall locker. Albeit the TV offered a channel guide, a few channels would broadcast with NO audio no matter how loudly you would raise the volume. The selection of toiletries was limited (just shampoo) and with NO microwave in the room, it was an inconvience to go down to the lobby. I wish they would "at least" place one on the floor near the ice machine. The AC unit was loud when it ran and would auto go on / off and boy would the tempature get warm fast. As we adjusted it, it would then get SO cold. So in essence it really works but just a bit noisy as it runs. The bed slept good, but if you or your mate gets up you WILL feel it. Otherwise a stellar night sleep will be achieved.
Once we unpacked and made the room ours...we got lost in the Courtyard magic and all was well. The housekeeping staff and pool staff were all great. I came to town to unwind, shop at AA mills, and have some fun at Baltimore Harbor and we did all of that.
Overall, it really is a decent hotel, nothing else is "right" there so it causes to realize the magic of courtyard. Hope you enjoy your stay there too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently between Annapolis, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., the Courtyard by Marriott Ft. Meade at the National Business Park is minutes from where you need to be. Whether you are traveling on business or leisure, our Courtyard brings a new look to the metropolitan area. We welcome you to enjoy the area's many historical, cultural and entertainment offerings. Our hotel is located within minutes of both Ft. Meade and NSA. Our 140 guest rooms feature free high-speed Internet access, a spacious work area, a comfortable living space and mini refrigerator ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Bwi/Fort Meade Hotel Annapolis Junction
- Courtyard Annapolis Junction
- Annapolis Junction Courtyard
- Annapolis Junction Marriott
- Courtyard Hotel Annapolis Junction