“Two nights, three rooms.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
“Two nights, three rooms.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Incorrect accomodation, moved later first night from Room #1 to Room #2. Room #2 developed broken doorlock mechanism, so moved to Room #3. Room #3 had nearly inoperable toilet flush mechanism. Quit with complaints after told to work-around the flush troubles, used the first floor "public" toilet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank doreenb451
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
First of all I would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations during your last stay with us. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests, even those whose expectations we fall short of meeting. I am sorry that the complementary upgrade was not the correct room type and that we also had a lock go bad in one of the rooms. All were purely circumstantial except the toilet issue. I would like you to know that I will immediately look into the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your review with my entire staff so that we may be better prepared in handling these types of challenges when brought to our attention.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us. We love having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel from the outside and lobby are quite nice so I was pretty disappointed when I got to the room. The furniture looks so old. It even had a small wardrobe closet. I couldn't decide if I liked the idea or if it just fit the old decor by design. The door to my room was chipped top to bottom inside and out. Felt cheap and weak. The door actually sits an inch off the floor so when you're in the room you can see down the hallway from the inside of the room. Logically this also means people can most likely see in the room from the hallway. This felt really weird to me. The bathroom could seriously use an update as well. I was not impressed at all with the room. At least it seemed clean. The staff seemed quite pleasant and the hotel is located near some decent restaurants and a dunkin donuts. My overall suggestion is to splurge a little more and maybe stay at the other hilton property in the area. You get what you pay for with this one.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Misty P
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We chose the Hampton Inn primarily because it accepts dogs. But we would stay there again dog or no dog! Friendly staff greeted guests in the morning over a sumptuous breakfast. Clean rooms and comfortable beds makes this a great place to stay while sightseeing in Annapolis!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
First I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review your past stay with us. We have found that many of our guests appreciate our closeness to the historic area of the city with the difficulty associated with stay down there. Our guests often find that our location makes it easy for them to navigate the city as well as the highway nearby making for a great stay while visiting the area. It was great to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a check in that was friendly and efficient. We strive every day to meet the expectations of ours guests and love hearing when we do just that. Our bedding, our breakfast, and our cleanliness of guestrooms are just a few of the Hampton amenities that make Hampton such a great brand everywhere.
With so many hospitality choices in the Annapolis area we thank you for choosing us.
Again thank you of your positive words. I will be sure to share them with my coworkers.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

5 women friends stayed in one of the suites and all agreed we would do it again. clean and very comfortable beds and baths, small kitchenette. nice lobby with free breakfast, cookies and coffee. special mention to JEFFREY, an incredibly nice, helpful and fun staff member who loves what he does - we all enjoyed talking with him. only issue for us - the inn is a 15 minute drive from downtown annapolis, but if that doesn't matter to you then go for it. helaine mario

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helaine M
I would like to thank you for your kind words. We strive on a daily bases to maintain the comfort, the cleanliness and the especially the friendliness of the staff that our guest have come to expect from us. We take great pride in representing the Hampton brand in the Annapolis area. We work hard to up hold the value and quality that our guests have come to expect both from our hotel as well as the Hampton brand.
We thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

One doesn't expect great luxury at a bargain price, but we did experience a good location for our purpose (a funeral we had only learned about earlier that day) friendly, helpful service, a very nice clean suite and great comfort. There was simply nothing to complain about.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

This was awesome. We thank you for both your kind words and for taking the time to share them with us. We set out every day to make each of our guest stays pleasant, comfortable and clean. It’s great to hear when we were able to accomplish that exact goal. In this case it sounds like we accomplished that and then some.
I truly hope that it does not sound repetitive, but without the coworkers that we have here at the Hampton Inn and Suites, we would be just another hotel in Annapolis. .
Like with of our reviews, I will be sure to share your comments with all of my coworkers.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you all in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed here before as it is very close to one of my customers. The last time i stayed here they were doing some light renovation to the hotel and I have to say they did a good job. The hallways look good, brighter than before. The staff was very friendly at checkin and the breakfast area was clean and well stocked. My room was very clean and quiet and I had a very good nights sleep. I will stay here again and will look forward to it knowing I can get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
This was awesome. We thank you for both your kind words and for taking the time to share them with us. We set out every day to make each of our guest stays pleasant, comfortable and clean. It’s great to hear when we were able to accomplish that exact goal. In this case it sounds like we accomplished that with you this stay
Like with all of our reviews, I will be sure to share your comments with all of my coworkers.
We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you all in the future.
Boonton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I always stay at Hampton Inns, I love the beds, bedding and breakfast. This Hampton did not quite meet my expectations. The beds were not as comfortable as usual and the air conditioning did not work very well. I'll still choose Hampton in the future, this one was just not my favorite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First of all I would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations during your last stay with us. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests, even those whose expectations we fall short of meeting. I would like you know that I will immediately look into the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your review with my entire staff so that we may be better prepared in handling these types of challenges when brought to our attention.
I again do apologize for your most recent stay with us. We realize that you have many choices when you travel and truly hope that you give us a second opportunity to meet you expectations. We are especially happy that you will continue using Hampton Inns.
Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us.