“Weekend Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Annapolis, United States
“Weekend Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

As usual clean, comfortable, and great place to stay. Hotel of choice when staying in Annapolis. Staff is always friendly and helpful and in fact have talked to the same desk person for three years. Price is reasonable for hotels in Annapolis and especially for value received.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
In these days and times when we are all so busy, we love it when a guest takes the time to review our hotel. We are especially gratified when we are able to meet or exceed our guest expectations time and time again. We realize that you have many options when it comes to picking the location for your stay; and thank you for loyalty.

Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Gonic, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was clean, with a firm bed. The only take away from the room is the background musty-mildew smell. It was near 90 turn the day and the air conditioners were running when I arrived, but you just get that slight smell trapped in the back of your sinus periodically. Everything about the room was great. The check-in was quick and pleasant. They put the cookies out at 3:00 PM at this location, so don't plan on any being left if you check in at 5:00 PM (which is when lots of other Hampton Inns put out their first batch of cookies). This location has a washer and dryer on the second floor above an open area above the lobby. It is near rooms 209, 211 and probably 213. The television echoes up from the lobby and those three rooms are open to the billiards table that is on the second floor in front of the laundry room. All other rooms seem to be in equally quiet areas. The access to the exterior pool is past the elevators on the first floor. The sole washer had a progressive price that changed on the type of wash you were doing. It appeared to range from $1.25 to 1.75. The sole dryer was $1.25 for 45 minutes. Both appliances were clean. The breakfast was well stocked with adequate seating if everyone does not come down for breakfast at the same time.

Room Tip: The laundry room and pool table are in an area that is open to the television in the lobby on the fi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us regarding with last stay with us. With life being as busy as it is for all of us, it’s great when I can share with my staff the kind words of guest who’s expectations we were able to meet. We truly strive to make each guest’s stay as pleasant as your experience was.

We hope to have the opportunity to service as your host in the future and thank you for your past business.

We would like to wish you a safe and awesome summer.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I were surprisingly pleased by the Hampton Inn, which is the best of the HR's I've stayed in and probably the best in this class of hotel
Done well: Breakfast area is relatively quiet, has a high-two story ceiling and the food pickup area is visually separated from the dining area. Bed is just the right amount of firmness, has microwave and fridge. Shower and tub are good. Room is very quiet--no traffic noise at all even tho' we looked out on a big corporate parking lot and were mere yards from busy Route 50 (goes between Annapolis and Washington, DC). Intentionally or not, the ice machine is located in a small room off the elevator lobby--so no clunk-clunk ice maker noise!
Done reasonably well but could stand improvement: Room airconditioner by GE was one of the quieter ones BUT was still noisy. Once again, the main thing a hotel should be offering--a secure, quiet night's sleep--gets the least attention. Better but not good enough. Ditto for the breakfast food, which was just adequate, very little variety. Except for the oatmeal and the fruit, the food is designed to kill you with cholesterol, calories and fat.
Location: At the juncture of Rte 50 and Riva Road. Good access to downtown Annapolis and that engineering school with an excessively large ROTC program, otherwise known as the Naval Academy.
Amazing: the original acrylic and watercolors decorating the public spaces were outstandingly chosen. While there is a typical maritime theme, it wasn't as cloying as 90% of the hotels in Annapolis. Whoever chose these deserves a pat on the back.
Staff: Not too much interaction...so hard to say.

Note: This hotel is in one of those hotel campuses so other hotels nearby may be just as quiet.
Note 2: This hotel is a very short drive or walk from a small but good farmer's market. Ask for directions.
Note 3: This hotel is superior to the Holiday Inn Express not far away in the same class. Better bed, better noise control, better bathroom.

Room Tip: We got a lower price for our room by paying in advance.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
In these days and times when we are all so busy, we love it when a guest takes the time out of thier busy day to share thier review our hotel. We are especially gratified when we are able to meet or exceed our guest expectations. We realize that you have many options when it comes to picking the location for your stay; and thank you for loyalty.

I will make sure to share your kind words with my entire staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The front desk was always on target, regardless of my request which ranged from best resturant to a late departure with many requests in between. Room was the usual great, although there was some staining on two ceiling corners (AC leaking??)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Richard H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
In these days and times when we are all so busy, we love it when a guest takes the time to review our hotel. We especially gratified when we are able to meet or exceed our guest expectations time and time again. . I will make sure that we investigate the cause behind the ceiling stains. We realize that you have many options when it comes to picking the location for your stay; and thank you for loyalty.

I will make sure to share your kind words with my entire staff. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. I

Covina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I love this hotel. Staff always ready to help. I arrived early from a red eye flight. The front desk let me in the room early to get sleep. I have stayed at this hotel over eight times We never had any issues with the rooms or staff. In fact we were staying at the hotel when Sandy hit. The staff was great They held our rooms until we could make a decision about what we were going to do. The Manager is always around and she helps the staff with any work, I saw the manager helping the staff with the morning breakfast. Props to the cleaning staff the hotel is spotless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
In these days and times when we are all so busy, we love it when a guest takes the time to review our hotel. We especially gratified when we are able to meet or exceed our guest expectations time and time again. We realize that you have many options when it comes to picking the location for your stay; and thank you for loyalty.

long island,ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

First of all the staff was excellent. Check in a breaze. Had one problem with one of our rooms and it was corrected quickly. Very clean rooms. The beds themselves are very comfortable but the pillows are flat and need to be replaced . The bathroom is old! Peeling wallpaper, missing Formica on the vanity, and thin old towels . Hot water was hit or miss in the shower most time Luke warm but shower head very nice. Breakfast was good as usual with Hampton Inn. The hotel met our needs but could use some updates.

Stayed April 2013
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
First of I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of the bathroom in your room. We will immediately address those issues that we are able to do in house. The additional comments we will take under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience.

We hope that you will come and see us in the future and let us know how we are doing.
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived at the hotel without a reservation. I requested a king, without an adjoining room. They said all they had left was an adjoining room or a suite. Then upon looking further they found a king without it being adjoining.

Upon entering the room, there was a strange odor. I am very sensitive to smells, so I asked my husband if he smelt it too, he said yes but felt it was tolerable. I was hoping as time went on I would get used to this smell. Wrong, it seemed to get stronger, especially by the couch area. I couldn't determine what the smell was, but it smelt either like smoke or urine or both.

I decided to call the front desk and asked if they put us in a smoking room, the answer was no. I then said the room has a bad smell almost like urine and asked (since they were pet friendly) if this was a room animals were allowed in. She said that they do not have seperate rooms for animals. ugh.

I then said: You mentioned a suite - how much more would that be (since I knew the only other kings available were adjoining), she said $4.00 - I said well can we move and you just waive the additional charges for the inconvenience. She said she would call me back.

She called back about 15-20 minutes later and said they found a room and would be up with the keys. Some gentleman came and dropped them off, which I was kind of surprised she didn't come up and 'smell' for herself to make a note to housekeeping/maintenance to deep clean the room.

It was lucky our new room was on the same floor. Upon entering the room (expecting the suite) it was a king room that was 'adjoining' ugh...by this time we were exhaused from travelling all day and decided since the room was 'acceptable' that I wouldn't call to complain and get moved again.

I was very disappointed.

I decided in the morning to ask the front desk 'what does the 100% guarantee mean'? I explained what happened and she comp'ed our room. I was not expecting this, I thought maybe a discount on the room, so this was a very pleasant surprise.

Complimentary breakfast was good, but I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CarolynDesMoines
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I would first like to apologize for the fact that we were unable to meet your expectation during your last stay with. I do appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your busy day to share your review of our hotel with us. We strive to make every guest’s stay a comfortable and pleasant one; unfortunately that was not the case for you. I will inspect the room so that we may find the cause of the unpleasant odor.

Again I do apologize for the inconvenience this matter caused you. I hope that if you chose to stay with us in the future we are able to meet your expectations.