“Good suites hotel, noisy pool” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis

Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Shanghai
“Good suites hotel, noisy pool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Suites are old ,but spacious and include a kitchen. noisy fridge though. separate bedroom which was great as our two year old slept in living room.
aircons are floormounted at the windows and archaic, thus very noisy.
breakfast is complementary and all industrial processed food. that goes for batter for waffles as well as oatmeal and cut fruit. not very good.
outdoor pool is noisy as hotel is very close to motorway.
10 min drive from downtown annapolis. we couldn`t really see any restaurants nearby.
by the way, advice for international travelers that bring unlocked apple devices. forget about getting any 3G prepaid plans in the US.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richard H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expections during your stay. We strive to address some of the day to day age issues that challenge our property. We continue to use the input of our guest to improve the breakfast that we offer them. Hopefully the next time you come throught Annapolis you will see a improvement in both of these areas.

We do appreciate your feedback and use it as we move forward to improve our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lustenau, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Spacious rooms, clean, very comfortable bed, friendly and professional staff, convenient location for those traveling by car (10min to the center), quiet despite being full of families with children and located next to the highway.
We stayed in 1 bedroom suite and it was plenty of space for us and allowed us privacy while our 2yo son slept in the living room. Breakfast was included in the price and offered hot dishes. Very nice although not big swimming pool next to the lobby, it was great to take a plunge after a long hot day of sightseeing.
The only thing I would suggest to management is to look into ir condition filters or brand of used detergents, there was a very weird smell in the room. Nothing bad but strong. Also, hotel shows it age and even that is kept spotless, it will require some major upgrades in next few years.
Overall, great value for money and definitely more than 3 stars, I will recommend it to any family traveling to Annapolis with kids.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Magdalena Z
First of all I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share with us your kind words and concerns regarding our hotel. It's nice when our guest are able to use a number of the hotels amenities. We will absolutely look into the off odor that was in the room during your stay. We glad it did not effect your overall stay. Regarding the "age of the hotel" will agree, as we look forward to additional upgrades and updates to our property in 2013.

Again we appreciated all of your comments.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm here at this hotel right now. I read the reviews before I got here, and they mostly seem accurate. The walls are paper thin - I can hear people talking for miles down the hall I am on - and that only bothers me on a personal level. What bugs me the most about every hotel so far on this 10 day trip is that somehow, the meaning of "Do not disturb" has turned into "Do not knock.". I don't expect staff to have to tip-toe around, but when you have a hotel where the walls are so incredibly thin, it might be worth noticing that the room next door has a sign on it saying "Do not disturb" while you crank your tunes in the room you're cleaning. It's common sense that just isn't that common anymore.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank S B
ANDMD, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into this matter. The Hampton Inn and Suites Annapolis appreciate your business.

Kathy Rey
Director of Sales
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

My family stayed here 6 nights in a King suite and it was great. It was very clean, and it was the most comfortable bed other than my own. The breakfast was wonderful every morning with a variety of items from fresh fruit and pastries to waffles and eggs. The front desk staff were all very kind. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: The king suite is a great room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Natasha S
ANDMD, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Hampton Inn and Suites Annapolis. Everyday we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. I am glad that your bed was comfortable and you enjoyed the variety of items included in our complimentary breakfast. We appreciate your business.

Kathy Rey
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here from 6/29-7/1/2012. This was the time period when the storms hit the East Coast. The entire staff could not have been more helpful or friendly considering the situation that they were dealing with. The hotel was full due to people checking in who had lost their power in their own homes. I did not see one flare up from anyone working here from house keeping to outside maintenance to the lobby. Even the breakfast area was well taken care considering the amount of people they were feeding. The whole staff was very considerate of everyone.They even resolved a situation with a noisy wedding party that could have gotten out of hand.
The entite facility was well maintained and the rooms were clean and very nice to stay in.
Thanks to eveyone for a great stay!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LaReader
Travis D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear LaReader,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. The storm on the east coast did leave thousands without power. Luckily we did not lose power, I’m glad that the team at the Annapolis Hampton was able to aid you in your time of need. We look forward to your next visit with us (hopefully under difference circumstances). I will make sure that I share your review with the team and thank them again.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Annapolis Hampton Inn was the cleanest hotel I have stayed in for a long time. The room was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was coffee and cookies available 24 hours a day and the breakfst had hot and cold selections including scrambled eggs, potatoes, waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, bagels, sweet rolls, and a multitude of other foods!! Highly recomend this hotel as a place to stay in the Annapolis area!!

Room Tip: No resturant but many in the area, outdoor pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ldeeisme
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Dear Ideeisme,

Thank you for your wonderful review of The Hampton Inn & Suites in Annapolis. I'm glad to hear that our friendly and helpful staff was able to assist you. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers it is very much appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Annapolis.

Enjoy your Summer!
Travis Daniels
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We spent a whole week at this Hampton for business. The lobby is very nicely redone and very inviting and accommodating! The coffee area is available 24/7 and is just fantastic. Plenty of different flavored creams and hot chocolate are available. Also a real plus is the beautiful huge glass decanter that is filled with ice and lemons and water all day! So refreshing!

The staff was very nice especially the housekeeping, they were much more friendly than the front desk staff. I left my iPhone in the fitness center the first day and didn't realize it for a couple of hours. I finally ran down there and it was still in the cup holder on the elliptical! One young man who I saw was always cleaning the lobby area told me if he had found it that he would have taken it to the tony desk ;). I want to believe that! But he was very nice and helpful.

The fitness center has a great elliptical and treadmill that are exceptional with their own tv's! There is also a large flat screen in there. I didn't use the weights but there were some there. Only complaint is that it is quite small.

The rooms are average, I wish they would update them to match the lobby! The carpet is very old and dirty....I do not go barefoot ever in a hotel....i did have white socks on one morning for about a half hour and they were black from the carpet!!

The comforter is updated, bed is not real comfy but not bad. There is a nice fridge and microwave in the room.

The laundry facility is outstanding! Very nice large and new front loader and dryer with a small counter for folding. This is on the second floor balcony area in a little room next to the pool table.

Breakfast was very nice..make your own waffles, Englishmuffins and bagels, etc. plenty of cereals and I saw some scrambled eggs and hash browns and also some muffins and Danish. Big pot of oatmeal fresh every morning.

The pool has a lifeguard on duty all the time!!!

The bathroom is blah, needs updated desperately. Our room had terrible pressure especially in the sink but we did not ask to be moved.
Would definitely stay again but do hope they update the bathrooms and carpets soon.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank candacejo
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Condecejo,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your week long stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and detailed review of your stay with us. We strive to provide our guest with superior customer service and exceptional accommodations. I have noted your concerns and have already began to take action. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future & hope that we can make you next trip as pleasant. Thank you again.