“A lovely surprise”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
London
“A lovely surprise”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two night on 18th and 19th October. We had never stayed at a Hampton Inns before, so had no expectations of what it might be like. We were looking for a clean, comfortable and well run hotel and that is what we found from the moment we arrived. We had booked a room with a kitchen and it was well appointed, with everything you could want. The room and bathroom were immaculately clean, there were two TV's, bed comfortable, room quiet. There was a lovely atmosphere at the front desk and whenever I asked them for anything, whether for directions or copying of documents, it was done with a smile. The hotel isn't located in downtown Annapolis, but as a previous reviewed suggested, it doesn't matter as you can't park easily downtown. Parking is easy here. I also liked that it was located five minutes from a shopping mall which had restaurants and a Whole Foods Market. They made us feel at home and I would heartily recommend Hampton Inns to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SushiOrd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have been staying at this Hampton Inn for 6 years now. My children go to college in the Annapolis area, and I visit three or four times a year. No matter what the season this hotel is awesome. The staff are unfailingly friendly and authentic, the rooms are perfect, the breakfast is hot, and the coffee is fresh. Hampton Inn is an awesome brand, but this hotel is special. Once, a maid chased me down as I was leaving to bring my my computer powercord - she went that extra mile. The staff are kind when I arrive late, and accommodate me when I need late check out. And the lobby has a really nice fireplace. I love this place - it's definitely my home away from home. You can't walk to downtown Annapolis from this location, but it's literally minutes by car and I actually prefer this location. It is near two great shopping malls, a gigantic Target, a great range of restaurants and a neat Amish Market.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We selected the Hampton Inn beacuse of the amenities they provided. We wanted a nice average priced hoitel that included a fridge, Microwave, hot breakfast and wireless internet. They provided all 4 at no extra cost! I loved the fresh coffee 24/7. Even better than the coffee pots they had in the room! Rooms were clean (yes, I really looked) and well laid out. Maid service was timely and efficient. We were thre to see the sites of Annapolis but did not want to be in the "heart" of town. This was a short drive away and very well located. A great diner (the Double T) was just down the road. Lost of other "chain" restaurants around too. Asa business man's hotel it's in a business park but that was fine for us.
Great front deskstaff, always pleasant and friendly. They do an evening snack at 6 each week day but really don't tell you this unless you ask. Would have been nice to know the first few days we were there. Would definately stay at a Hamton Inn again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beth S
morgantown
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have frequently stayed at the Hampton while on business in Annapolis. The hotel is well-maintained, friendly staff, and the location though not downtown Annapolis is still pretty good. One reason I like to stay here is because it is not far from Mikes for seafood-which I also recommend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ANDMD, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for taking a minute to give us your feedback following your recent visit to Annapolis. It was lovely to read yopur comments and see such positive feedback!! I look forward to sharing your experience during our daily team huddle.

Thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Annapolis
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2011

At first I found the hotel to be a little dated and in need of some updates. I later saw the sign that the hotel was under renovation. I found my room to be very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
NY
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I did a lot of research before booking this hotel rather than a more expensive place in "downtown" Annapolis. The trade off is lower cost but driving to the town center (or taxi) for 10 minutes or so, but if you use a car you will have to pay for parking at most every hotel near the town center anyway. I suggest going to the visitor center first - there is a special parking lot around the back but you have to pay for time there also, and like all the street meters in Annapolis you have to MOVE your car after two hours. I suggest just parking in Gotts garage back of the Visitor center and forgetting your car that day (as long as you are OK with a lot of walking).
Anyway, back to the hotel, while Hampton's can be more expensive than other chain hotels, - but my experience is that Hampton is a "known" quality and this one is no exception. Very nice rooms and super comfortable beds, big TV, great breakfast also. And free parking.
Someone also mentioned Mike's Crab Shack - it is a short drive from this hotel, actually in Riva, and has great crabs and other seafood as well as other menu items. I mention this because you can get the water view there without going back down to Annapolis a second time for dinner.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelSmith
Thank you for taking a minute to give us your feedback following your recent visit to Annapolis. It was lovely to read your comments and see such positive feedback!!
I am glad that you were satisfaied by Mike's crab and from our recommandation.
I look forward to sharing your experience during our daily team huddle.

Thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Annapolis
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The staff was very nice at check in. The room was clean, quiet, and updated. Nice flat panel tv. The 5th floor was undergoing a bit of updating (new wallpaper) so the walls weren't in the best of shape but that didn't bother us.
The free breakfast was good, a few hot things such a a waffle bar, sausages, omelets, as well as coffee, cereal, bagels, etc. Free USA Today in the morning.
The hotel is not in the historic area of Annapolis but is still close, about 5 miles. There are a lot of restaurants and shops near the hotel.
This was the best deal we could find in Annapolis for a decent hotel. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family