“comfortable stay”

Comfort Inn Annapolis
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Was attending a wedding at Chesapeake Bay beach club and wanted something fairly close. The bride had blocked reserved rooms at another motel. (Checked out comments on tripadvisor and the comments were not good). Decided to look for a place on my own. I checked the reviews for this place and decided to go for it. I was not disappointed. Honored AAA rate. This is a basic motel so if you are looking for fancy you will not get it. I was looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay that did not take pets. The hallway was not brightly lit and did smell of smoke but once we entered the room it was clean. Bathrooms are a big deal for me so that was the first place I looked. The bathroom looked recently renovated and there were no signs of black mold on tiles, etc (I always bring Clorox wipes but felt like I did not have to use them) . Very clean bathroom. Our room was spacious with a king sized bed. I pulled down the bedspread and examined the sheets underneath. I found no surprises. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The air-conditioning was more than adequate considering we were at the motel during the hottest days in June (The lower the temp on the air-conditioner, the less it will turn off an on. Former comment below. I found as I turned the temp up on the air-conditioner, it did turn off and on.). Water pressure was good in the shower. Only complaint is that the bathroom does need an exhaust fan (Comment below) and the towels are your standard motel towels but were clean. Staff was friendly. The motel is located next to a lower budget motel (can't remember) so first impressions are correct (comment below). Our room was located in the middle of the motel (212) so I did not notice traffic noise. Breakfast in lobby is what you would expect. Nothing fancy but it provided fuel for the body (I love fruit, so the selection was rather limited (apples and banana). I would have liked yogurt but none available. Available items were two kinds of cereal (looked like corn flakes and frosted corn flakes-don't know did not eat). English muffins and bagels. Packaged danishes, cubed cheese, two kinds of juices, milk, coffee, and waffle maker to make waffles. Within walking distance looks like a store where you can get anything that you might have forgotten to bring (Did not go in). Checked out exercise room. There are 3 pieces of equipment. Office is separated from the rooms. Fairly close to Annapolis (2 exits away). Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rcn63

Reviewed June 2, 2009

We had driven all night to attend the birth of our grandson and were extremely tired. We asked for a quiet room and we never heard a sound for seven nights. We had fresh towels every day and enjoyed the breakfast room. The rate was the best Annapolis had to offer.
One suggestion would be to install exhaust fans in the bathrooms. It would help with the humidity.
It was a comfortable, enjoyable stay.
Thank you Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happygramma
Reviewed May 18, 2009

We came to the area for a festival and did not want to stay in the city. This hotel was convenient to Route 50, but away from the hustle and bustle. It was clean and the bathroom was newly renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spigadore
Reviewed August 29, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Annapolis back in May and were very happy with the fresh decor, comfortable beds and overall good value (see previous review) so we returned this past week. The beds were still comfortable, but the decor in this room, no. 105, was tired; night table chipped and worn, bedside lampshade coming apart. Also, there was a strong smell of cooked food in the bathroom. It did not appear to have outside ventilation. My advice: ask for the most newly-renovated room available. We arrived late, without a reservation, this time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Based on other reviews we reserved a room here for an overnight stay required by a sports tournament. We will never stay here again.
I specifically asked the desk clerk about size of the bathroom vanity; wanting adequate room to place toiletries, hairdryer, etc, and room for two people to use the area at once. I was told it was a certain length, which turned out not to be the case unless you count the very narrow strip stretching over the toilet.. It was VERY small.
The room smelled of vomit, or something else acrid, and was very plainly decorated. It was small and dark.
The hallways were too warm; stuffy, dark, and smelled of cigarette smoke; it was not an inviting experience walking into this hotel; it is need of an update; although it appears one has been attempted.
The carpet in the back stairwell was filthy/stained or both. Garbage was falling out of a trash can placed there and garbage was simply stacked on the floor.
Another reason we stayed here was the advertised breakfast...the breakfast was made available basically in the lobby, which was small and not inviting. The cereal was stored bulk in jars with scoops to serve it into your bowl. One of the scoops was lying fully on the cereal, meaning the handle, touched by who knows how many people was lying in direct contact with the cereal. As a result, we did not have breakfast here, and may have chosen a different hotel if we'd know this would be the case.
We also did not like the fact that the lobby was totally detached from the rooms. It was like staying in one of those cheap rooms in a strip. Plus it was right next door to one of those lower end motels. The location, although convenient for travel purposes, was not appealing.
On the plus side - the beds were comfortable and the air conditioner seemed to work well and quietly. We were also able to make use of the guest clothes washer and dryer. I have stayed at nicer accomodations in nicer locations for less $.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We were at a concert at the Rams Head in Annapolis on a Fri night with another couple. (I do not care for the food at the Rams Head Tavern at all) We drove down from Harford County after a long days work, so decided to spend the night here after. I called in advance and asked for AAA discount, which was honored. I also asked for 2 king nonsmoking rooms, and was given, that as well. I told them we wanted a room in the back, away from the route 50 road noise and again, Sarah at the front desk made it happen. The A/C in the room worked great, but it turned on and off all night, which to me is very annoying. I like the white noise of the fan running to drown out any noise in the hallway. I thought there would be alot of early risers shutting doors, talking loudly out in the hallways on their merry way down to Ocean City, but that was not the case. It was very quiet. Room was clean, bed was comfy, as were the pillows. Bathroom was clean, towels were small, shower worked good, plenty of hot water. The free breakfast was standard continental fare, but no fresh fruit, just some rasins and apples. Make your own waffles, just ok, batter was not that good. They held it over till 10am, which was very nice. Would stay here again if in Annapolis over the weekend late.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Had great overnight stay at this hotel. Everything very clean. It is outside town so you definitely need a car to get to Annapolis downtown area. Convenience store, believe they are also selling beer and possibly other liquor, within walking distance. Requested room further away from highway and was very quiet. Did not hear highway traffic. Front staff was very nice. Good breakfast with waffle maker. For whatever reason there was no hairdryer in room, holder was there. I reported it when I checked out and they were surprised it was missing. I did not miss it since I did not wash my hair during that stay, otherwise would have reported the night before.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple