“Nothing fancy, but Ok if you want lodging near Rte 301/50” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Annapolis

Comfort Inn Annapolis
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nothing fancy, but Ok if you want lodging near Rte 301/50”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stay here every year when visiting family nearby. Nothing fancy, and if you want to visit Annapolis proper you're better off IN Annapolis; but if you're passing through, it's close to the highway, yet tucked back enough to be safe. We've always found the rooms to be clean, and the staff to be generally pleasant. Price is usually pretty good; though we waited a bit close to Thanksgiving this year. Also missed the fine print in Comfy Inn's 'stay twice get 3rd night free' deal - this location is not a 'qualifying' location for that offer.

Room Tip: if you want to feel safer, go for the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrteflon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Horseheads, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked through orvitz only to arrive and have them give us the wrong room, as in wrong number of beds. From the 2 double bed room we were put in a king with handicap access ( the bathroom was as big as the rest of the room). No other rooms available then the front desk tries to charge us for a cot. Not happening she denies the error is on their part and tries to blame orvitz. So get to the room she brings the cot and the room is so small you can not unfold the cot unless you are willing to (1) block the exit and the bathroom door (2) rearrange the entire room furniture. We make a call to orvitz end up on a three way phone call with orvitz, front desk and husband. The front desk insists she can not reach a manager. No other rooms in town and it is 10 at night all 3 of us end up sleeping in one bed. Not happy with the team at hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank queenbeader
Suffern, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dad and I were traveling Route 301 down to Florida and stopped for the night in the suburbs of Annapolis, Maryland. Amanda was very sweet and helpful at the front desk and was able to provide us with a very accessible room for my 91yo father and me. Two queen sized beds, desk, very quiet heater/AC unit, clean. Everything you have come to expect in a hotel. The bed was very comfortable, also. I have no complaints. Breakfast was complimentary. The selection was not that extensive but we enjoyed it. The scrambled eggs were a little rubbery but we didn't get there til 8:45am and it closed at 9:30! I got a very nice government discount which I really appreciated. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank amhoney
Greenwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here one night for an overnight shopping trip- great place to stay! Fast check-in and out- clean and comfortable rooms, great free breakfast- eggs, bacon, waffles, muffins, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice! Delicious! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

First, the hotel met my needs: clean room, felt safe. Near enough to Annapolis for my needs. I was disappointed by the woman who checked me in; she seemed indifferent to my arrival. For breakfast I stuck with cold cereal because the bacon was gross and the eggs were cold. Be aware that downtown Annapolis is about 10-15 minutes away, depending on traffic. Again, the hotel was okay for what I needed that night, but I think it was just average, and I felt I paid too much for what I received.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank advntrr60
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Was a little concerned about this place but it was the only one I could find that was available during a Navy Football weekend. About 5 miles out of the heart of town but therer are planty of taxi's that will run you into town (for 6 of us one way around $20.00). Room was clean and plenty of room. Beds were comfortable. A little scary on the outside and location does not look to be the best. However, we had no problems at all. Suggest you get down to breakfast early as they ran out before we got there - around 9:30. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
east coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

When we pulled up to the hotel we were a little worried. The exterior looks dirty and unkempt. The lobby was not even attached to the bldg with the rooms. I do not like that...i prefer the lobby be easy to get to at all hours of night from room. There was a super 8 on the grounds but no problems there. Car was safe, neighborhood did not look too bad.

After checking in we went to our room. The stairwell was drab and looked kinda dirty. The hallways kinda drab and dark. Bit smelly. When we opened the door to the room I was pleasantly suprised. The room was large and bright. Bathroom nice size. Beds were comfy. Rug was clean. Nice flat screen tv.

About 15 minutes after we got to room really bad storm came through and the power went out. Was out for at least a couple hours. After about and hour we decided to leave to go get dinner (we had gone to hotel to freshen up but could not see in bathroom since no window). We had to leave door open to go bathroom. no word from staff. I heard some folks out in hall talking so went to check it out. a maintenace guy was coming down hall but he didn't know what was going on. The emergency lights were on in hall but just one on each end so the hallway looked very dark in the middle. Windows didn't open so room was getting a bit warm. Luckily while at dinner the power came back on. No fault of hotel (as entire neighborhood out)

I would go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Annapolis
BEST WESTERN Annapolis
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis
SpringHill Suites Annapolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis
Comfort Inn Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn Annapolis? Share your experiences!