“Great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We had a great room for NYE and it had the amenities as well since we're gold members. We were very pleased with the overall hotel and service as well. The heavenly beds were just that, heavenly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us New Year's Eve! With that particular date so memorable in the course of a year, I am thrilled we were part of your memory! We look forward to welcoming "you and yours" in the future at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Annapolis

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Got snowed in and had to stay overnight because the roads were bad. The staff was excellent and the room; clean & comfortable. The Front Dest staff was very friendly and helpful. Beautifuly decorated and a great location, near the Mall and restaurants across the parking lot.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Delens, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

Thank you very much for taking a minute to share the details of your visit at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel. While I am sorry that the snow caused you to leave the privacy of your home, I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate you so well. The staff has worked hard over these many months to ensure they are able to WOW all of our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed that experience. Both our proximity to Annapolis Mall and Parole Towne Center have provided us multiple compliments and we recognize that benefit as well! Again, thank you for taking a minute to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Annapolis!

Reviewed October 30, 2010

With the exception of the woman who checked us in, everyone was very courteous and service-oriented. The fitness room was great, the rooms were spacious and the beds - as always - were awesome. location is a bit odd as you are in the middle of lots of shopping but a relatively short drive to the historical sections of the city. The free internet and free parking were a bonus!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because it allowed dogs and they offered a shuttle to downtown Annapolis. The shuttle was easy to get first thing in the morning but it was impossible to get a ride back to the hotel. We ended up having to call a cab twice because the shuttle wasn't available to pick us up. The last day of our stay the shuttle was broke down but the hotel did pay for the cab ride after a 15 minute argument. The front desk people were not at all helpful but the guy who drove the shuttle in the morning was the sweetest guy I ever met. He was the best thing about this hotel. The pool was kept nice and clean and the rooms were also clean. If it wasn't for the shuttle disaster, the trip would have been great. if you have your own transportation, I would reccomend this hotel for the location. Otherwise, just stay downtown and sae yourself the hassle.

• Stayed: August 2010
Delens, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2010

Thank you for taking a minute to share the details of your experience with us. The information you share is always helpful and I am sorry that the complimentary shuttle broke down while you were visiting us! I will follow up with the front office team to identify if our shuttle was consistently full of guests and how we can better handle busy hotel dates so we minimize any occurence of this possibly happening in the future. I very much look forward to sharing your feedback about the shuttle drive - how nice! Again, my apologies for the shuttle challenge and I hope we have the opporutnity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel during your next visit here.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Nice hotel, free parking, across street from a Mall. Reception staff were very nice and helpful. Rooms were very comfortable but when we were there the room key 'machine' was not operational so we had to have someone from the hotel come with us to get into our room, and they didn't confirm our name to ensure it was really our room!!!!! We did have an issue with our bill which took a couple of iterations to resolve but it was resolved and we were happy with the way the staff handled it. They even sent a box of chocolates to the room which was a nice gesture. We have stayed here before and would stay here again, this time there were just a couple of glitches. If you don't want to park in town, drive to the Navy Stadium where there is a Park and Ride.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

I am pleased that you found the hotel team friendly and nice - how nice to read and I look forward to sharing. I do recall the time you visited us as the broken key machine was an absolute inconvenience and I am sorry. I am very sorry we did not do a good job of confirming the registered name ot the guest room - we take that practice very seriously, regardless of the "key machine condition". This topic will be reviewed during our weekly staff meeting for immediate re-training with all teams. I hope we have an opporutnit to welcome you back to teh Sheraton Annapolis Hotel and thank you for letting me know about the name confirmation.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

We had a lounge charge on our bill that was not ours. Had it removed at checkout (not easily). Two days later I see two charges on credit card, one for agreed amount at checkout and second for bogus lounge amount. My wife and I never set foot in the lounge. Still waiting for general manager to return my calls.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Edelens, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2010

Good morning and I am sorry for the challenge you encountered with the lounge charge when you visited us. I am sorry that when we spoke twice last Wednesday that you did not realize you were speaking with the General Manager. As I had hoped I had made clear during our last conversation, the mistake was completely ours and the adjustment to your credit card occured on Wednesday night. I am truly sorry that this occured and that you did not know you were speaking with me during our telephone calls. As well, if you do not see the credit to your credit card within 72 business days, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

My sincerest apologies for this occurence and that we did not make you feel heard when you initially contacted us.

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We met up with longtime friends for a quick overnight. Our room was very clean & nice on the 5th floor. Neat & very up-to-date, w/ fridge & micro. However, our friends used points & found that 'the club' area on the 6th (top) floor is not in the best shape. I would recommend the 'preferred guest' status to 'the club' for any future stays, especially those using the return visit points. That said, we did enjoy the bar, the computers & the staff, who seemed very up-to-date on restaurants in Annapolis proper. Parking is free & you won't find that in any hotels downtown, wonderful mall nearby, plan to use GPS as hotel is quite tricky to find with heavy Fri. traffic, & especially w/ the hidden & unmarked driveway. That said, we would return to the Sheraton for future visits as Annapolis is a quaint & fun town w/in a 2+ hr. drive for us from eastern PA.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Edelens, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Thank you for taking a moment to share the details of your visit. We are pleased to offer the Link@Sheraton for complimentary computer access throughout your visit and glad that you enjoyed it also. I am also going to take a bit more time reviewing the details of the 6th floor and differences from other floors because the Club level is also quite important to us - so it should definitely show! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel on your next visit!