“Standard hotel with comfortable beds”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed May 18, 2007

The Sheraton Annapolis was a very nice hotel with comfortable beds and helpful staff. I booked two rooms through hotwire.com while looking for an inexpensive place to stay one night in Annapolis with my in-laws. It was described as a 3.5 star hotel in the waterfront area, which was a little big misleading as it is approximately 10 miles from the waterfront (and happens to be across the street from the Annapolis mall).

We did get the rooms at $95/night each though, which was much better than the $200+/night price tag for the larger, closer hotels such as the O'Callaghan and Lowe's. There was a great shuttle van that took us to downtown Annapolis and picked us up at our restaurant after dinner (latest pick up is at 9:30 pm).

The rooms were nice and quiet, despite the fact that there was a senior high school prom taking place in the downstairs lobby/meeting room area. Beds were very comfortable and there was a nice desk area for your laptop. Breakfast was a buffet in the restaurant downstairs $6.50/all you can eat. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget friendly location in Annapolis with class and comfortable amenities.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole A

Reviewed March 20, 2007

I only spent one night at this hotel, but was at the hotel for two days at a conference. The hotel was recently renovated, and it looks clean inside and out.

Upon entering the hotel, staff were very friendly and made sure I felt comfortable and I knew where I was going. The conference rooms were adequately equipped with all we needed, and the food was good.

Check-in was easy and quick. Front desk staff, very friendly and nice. The room was very nice with a large TV, coffee maker and tea bags, iron (a must for business trips), and two comfortable beds. The bed was very comfortable with tons of pillows. They have a great indoor pool and gym, and the restaurant downstairs has decent food. The only negative thing about the room was a terrible view of the parking lot and noise from the nearby highway.

Location wise, there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance with the large Annapolis Mall right across the street. The hotel has a free shuttle bus to downtown Annapolis (about a 10-15 minute ride to downtown) which I didn't utilize since I had my car, but am sure it was convenient for those traveling from out of state.

Overall, my stay was very pleasent. The room was clean and comfortable, and I would definitely stay there again whether it be business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank yummy817
Reviewed March 1, 2007

We stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis Hotel during the last week of September for a nearby family reunion. I booked this hotel based on its 3.5 star rating, however, I found it to be more of a 2 star using today's standards. Our problems started at check-in - the employee at the desk was very polite (BUT) - we had made our reservation through a reputable on-line company, and requested King Bed, Smoking - the desk clerk didn't seem to have that information available, because we were placed on a "non-smoking" floor (with Sheraton ashtrays in the desk drawer) with 2 double beds. Our room was surface clean, but in need of a deep cleaning - especially the bathroom, which also needed some cosmetic repairs. Throughout our stay, there were dirty room service dishes on the floor in the hallway. We ordered room service - it was very timely, but poor quality food. We felt that we wasted our money on that. I understand that room service is always over priced, but I typically expect the food to at least be hot and as described on the menu. The elevators were very filthy, very old, and very slow. The entire front lobby smelled as if they frequently used men's cologne as an air freshener, and it lingered throughout the rest of the hotel, which was very bothersome to us. One last thing - the pool/hot-tub area. The pool was just a little cloudy, but the whirlpool had WAY TOO MANY chemicals in it. It not only smelled too strong to sit there, but when the jets were blowing, the granules felt like my legs were being sand blasted.
That sums up the negative of our experience - everything else (i.e. appearance, location, decor, ammenities, services, etc.) appeared to be along the lines of 3 or 3.5 stars. It was NOT worth the $130/night that we paid. I would stay there again for under $90, but if I had to pay more than that ... Annapolis is a big city with many other hotel options available.

Stayed: September 2006
Reviewed January 5, 2007

I am a SPG member and try to stay at their hotels as often as I can when I travel since they have the most comfortable beds of all the chains - bar none! My wife and I spent an anniversary weekend in Annapolis and the Sheraton was a no brainer. Being on the club floor gave us a very comfortable room with a few upgrades we didn't have to pay extra for. Now, the club lounge was closed all weekend including Friday. The indoor pool was open but the hot tub was closed for repairs from 11 am Friday until we left Sunday after 12 noon with no explaination as to why it wasn't repaired. My wife was very much looking forward to the hot tub and they had at least 3 days to get it fixed and did nothing - very disappointing. They also messed up my bill and charged me an extra night which they did end up fixing after I brought it to their attention. Our last night there we had a front desk person make us a reservation at a local resturant and asked for them to call our room to confirm the time we requested. We never got the call so we showed up at the time we thought we had a reservation and it was made 20 minutes earlier! They were able to squeeze us in after a bit but we were very disappointed again with the lack of professionalism shown by the hotel staff. Usually my SPG experiences are 4-5 star and it takes a lot for me to give a 3 star. We were very disappointed to say the least.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank burke140
Reviewed December 27, 2006

My stay at the Sheraton Annapolis was truly remarkable. I had planned the Friday before Christmas as the night I would propose to my girlfriend. I booked at room at the Sheraton Annapolis over the phone and the person in Massachusetts booking the room was honestly one of the friendliest and helpful people I have ever encountered. She informed me of a free shuttle to get us around town to our dinner reservation, etc. Throughout the week I received e-mails from the GM asking if there was anything that could be done to improve my stay. I did in fact call the GM and he guided to my to the concierge Ernesto. I spoke with Ernesto several times througout the week and arranged for champagne, flowers, etc to be delivered at a specific time. He was very nice on the phone and asked questions to ensure my satisfaction with the setup. Friday came and so did the rains...I was worried about traffic from Baltimore so I contacted Ernesto to arrange the flowers, etc arrival time. Upon speaking to Ernesto he informed me that he wanted to upgrade me to the Presidential Suite as their was vacancy for the night. I was gracious for the thought and carried on to the hotel. Upon arriving we were greeted by a very pleasant young lady at the front desk...who asked me under her breath how I was doing with the engagement...while the girlfriend stepped away for something in the car. It was apparent that everyone in the Hotel was on board with my plan. We took the elevator to the suite on the 6th Floor and she was very surprised with a gigantic suite with a bar, living room, dining area, enormous bed, very large bathrom and 2 flat screen TV's, robes, etc. It was absolutely perfect and she said Yes in the room! Following my engagement we went back to the lobby where we were met by Ernesto and the staff at the Sheraton with congratulations and a shuttle to our restaurant. They truly did make us feel like the only people in the hotel, it was fantstic. We returned from dinner and went to the hotel bar where Ernesto bought us champagne and a round of drinks, and the young lady working the counter gave us drink coupons and passes for free breakfast. We spoke with Ernesto and thanked him for making our engament night such a wonderful experience. We retired for the night and woke up to a fantastic breakfast and began our journey to NY to show off the ring. In summary I booked the room blindly at the Sheraton Annapolis not knowing much about it or how it would fit into my plans for the big night. Ernesto and the staff at the Sheraton went completely above and beyond to make us feel very welcome. My bill was $155 for a Presdiential Suite (usually $450), champagne and roses to the room ($60?), shuttle to downtown Annapolis, free drinks and comp breakfast. Oh and the Hotel was extremely clean, nice and possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Sheraton Annapolis is top notch.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BaltimoreRavens
Reviewed November 3, 2006

We stayed here in January 2005 as well as February 2006 as attendees at an annual meeting at the hotel.

This establishment is top-notch. The lobby is beautifully appointed and there is a small, cozy bar with a fireplace. The food in the restaurant is sub-par, however. I would make a trip to one of the nearby eateries instead.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We had wonderful service and a very patient staff who politely reminded us to keep the noise down.

The location is wonderful. It's within walking distance to a nice mall and several restaurants. We would stay there again without hesitation.

Stayed: February 2006
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis for 2 nights during Boat Show weekend. I was impressed with the spaciousness, comfort and cleanliness of our king bedded room which was on the Club Floor level.
The hotel is directly across from the Annapolis Mall which made for convenient shopping and moviegoing on our first day when a wet and windy "nor'easter" hit the area. When we attended the boat show the next day, the hotel provided free shuttle service to and from Annapolis Harbor (approx. a 10 min. drive) , saving us the hassle and expense of parking in town.

Each morning we had an excellent large buffet breakfast, which was complimentary since we booked a Club Floor room. While the servers were friendly, the restaurant was clearly understaffed, something which should not have been allowed to happen during such a busy weekend.

All in all, I feel I received very good value for a first class property. In my opinion it compared favorably to our stay at the Loews Annapolis last year except that the cost for the Sheraton was less!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple