“Second time was as good as the first!”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed November 3, 2006

We stayed here in January 2005 as well as February 2006 as attendees at an annual meeting at the hotel.

This establishment is top-notch. The lobby is beautifully appointed and there is a small, cozy bar with a fireplace. The food in the restaurant is sub-par, however. I would make a trip to one of the nearby eateries instead.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We had wonderful service and a very patient staff who politely reminded us to keep the noise down.

The location is wonderful. It's within walking distance to a nice mall and several restaurants. We would stay there again without hesitation.

Stayed: February 2006

Reviewed October 10, 2006

We stayed at the Sheraton Annapolis for 2 nights during Boat Show weekend. I was impressed with the spaciousness, comfort and cleanliness of our king bedded room which was on the Club Floor level.
The hotel is directly across from the Annapolis Mall which made for convenient shopping and moviegoing on our first day when a wet and windy "nor'easter" hit the area. When we attended the boat show the next day, the hotel provided free shuttle service to and from Annapolis Harbor (approx. a 10 min. drive) , saving us the hassle and expense of parking in town.

Each morning we had an excellent large buffet breakfast, which was complimentary since we booked a Club Floor room. While the servers were friendly, the restaurant was clearly understaffed, something which should not have been allowed to happen during such a busy weekend.

All in all, I feel I received very good value for a first class property. In my opinion it compared favorably to our stay at the Loews Annapolis last year except that the cost for the Sheraton was less!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Seagirl
Reviewed September 30, 2006

This hotel had tremendous service. When we arrived, we just barely mentioned that we were there for our anniversary...and 20 minutes later, the front desk sent a bottle of wine with a fruit/cheese plate + 2 breakfast vouchers. What a pleasant surprise!

The room service folks were professional and punctual. Even security was timely, when we had a complaint about the wedding party that was in the house. This is not the hotel's fault, just some people that were more intent on partying after a wedding.

Anyway, the restaurant servers were very professional and more than willing to give us a great experience.

My one critique is that the breakfast was sparse. I recommend getting there early. We arrived at 10AM, and there was no milk, no bread, no bagels. Once we asked about it...the staff thawed some frozen breads and scrounged up some milks. This was fine and not their fault. On a busy Sunday, I would expect to see a manager in sight making sure the buffet is as stocked at 10AM as it was at 8AM...afterall, this was my first impression of the buffet.

I would stay here again. It was close enough to the Marina, etc. Again...great service!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank HR-Man
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I believe the renovations to the Sheraton Annapolis are complete because my room was very nice and the lobby was bright and welcoming. I used a combination of cash and spg points so I got a great deal for one night. It was an extremely busy weekend and when I inquired about coming back and staying on a Sat. nite I was told the rate would be $199.00. No way, is this property worth that kind of money, though. I also stayed at a Sheraton Premiere in Tysons Corner, VA and for $95.00 it was far superior. Like a previous guest stated, the rate should be in the $80-90 range.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
4  Thank Proseco
Reviewed May 14, 2006

First of all, the name changed over a year ago to "Sheraton Annapolis Hotel" (Feb 2005). Starwood let these people down when the hotel went up for sale in 2004. But the new ownership and management team are making true progress. Trust me..I stay there on a weekly basis and I'm seeing it unfold before my eyes. Incredible improvements have been made to the guestrooms. We're just waiting to see what's behind 'curtains # 1 and 2' in the lobby renovations. The lobby is in dire need, but we can be patient. The staff makes all the difference in the world and it's been worth it for me to stay. They know my name, my preferences. I had to stay at that Radisson place a few times last year and earlier this year when Sheraton was sold out and what a joke the Radisson is - it smelled like a nursing home! Anyway,at the Sheraton make sure you get a renovated guestroom..that is key...bright, crisp modern and clean look. Sheraton Sweet Sleepers are the best! From what I can see, the meeting rooms got an incredible facelift too. If I have an issue, they handle it. Anyone can have issues, but it's all in how the issue is handled and the Sheraton Annapolis staff have never let me down.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Thankful4Vacations
Reviewed May 3, 2006

You walk into the lobby and thank god the desk agent was nice because otherwise the hotel is just plain BLAND. But we needed a room and didn't plan to hang out at the hotel so who cared. However we got into our rooms and while they were ok looking (new sweet sleeper beds) the bathtub areas were disgusting - thick with mold so black it looked like someone had used paint to cover the grout lines. Plus in room 205 - the ceiling was caving in over the shower. We also didn't have a working TV - the staff tried to fix it but after staying in our room from 10pm - 11pm trying to get cable working - we asked them to leave so that we could sleep.

Hotel was under renovation - it badly needs it - but I heard they didn't do anything to the tub area - so the worst part of the rooms are still going to be the worst part.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank PamStreeter
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed April 23, 2006

My husband and I recently spent the weekend at the Sheraton Hotel 173 Jennifer Road, Annapolis, Maryland . We were devastated when we woke up Sunday morning and opened the door from our bedroom within the suite and the first thing I notice was that my purse was misplaced. I found it opened and sitting by the front door with a towel lying beside it. I brought this to the attention of my husband and we walked over to the purse and discovered that is wallet had been placed inside the purse, which was not where we placed it the night before. To our astonishment when we opened the wallet we found that the money totaling a $130 dollars was missing. Immediately we panicked and started searching for other items that may have been stolen. As far as we could tell there were no other items that were taken. But, our concern was identity theft. We have no way of knowing if information was taken from our credit cards, social security and licenses.

We reported it to the front desk and were disappointed in the way it was handled. We took it upon our selves to call the police and a report was filed.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member