“Very Decent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
La Jolla, CA
“Very Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I stayed here for a wedding which was on the other side of town at the US Naval Academy. I was amazed at how far this hotel was from the center of town and I learned that Annapolis is not a small town at all. The area this hotel is in is not the most upscale, but in terms of convenience and easy access to restaurants, this is a great place to stay. There is a Westfield shopping center across the street and many chain restaurants like Red Lobster, Fuddrucker's, etc. within very close walking distance. The room was somewhat small and I didn't care for the dark brown decor, but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was pretty clean. I did see a few pieces of hair on the marble bathroom floor, but that was minor. There was no "horrible" smell in the common areas as some have said in previous reviews, but I did notice that the carpet in the hallways was soiled in several areas throughout the third floor. Overall, the hotel is nice and the staff I must say, was EXTREMELY accommodating and super helpful when I needed directions or taxi service. The parking is free at this hotel and though it is a busy place, I didn't have much trouble finding a parking place when I had my rental car. I would recommend taking a taxi when going into town, even if you have a car as it is nearly impossible to find parking on Main or West Streets downtown. Jennifer Road where this hotel is located is very convenient, as it is close to West Street which leads right into the heart of the downtown Annapolis. The food in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced and more even than the hotel itself, I felt very welcome and taken care of by the front desk and restaurant staff. I would say that this is a great three star value for the area and it is about five miles into downtown for the record. Highly recommend for families and solo travelers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Upon checking in the hotel reps were very kind. The staff was nice, the restaurant had great food. Very comfortable and relaxing stay after many long meetings and conventions. I would recommend anytime

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

The hotel seems to have a lot of guests staying there for business so it's a nice place to stay on the weekends when it is less full and less money. The hotel looks very clean and new. They have free wi-fi in all the rooms and a nice computer area with big flatscreen monitors. The pool, hot tub, and exercise room were nice to have, the only minus would be having a bored lifeguard watch you. Not many hotels have a lifeguard at all times so that would be a plus if you were traveling with children. The rooms were nice-no complaints. We found the location to be perfect, not too far away from anything. Overall, a really good stay.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Albemarle County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

We read and reread Trip Advisor before going and were prepared for the worst, but as it turned out, we really had a very pleasant time, the location is excellent although the driving directions were a bit confusing, The Hotel is clean and comfortable and the front desk staff is great. We were a bit upset when we could not watch the Yankees in the second playoff game due to a problem with the Cable, but we went to the local Ruby Tuesdays to see the game, Aside from that glitch, the weekend was a success and the Hotel a big relief at not being what we were led to believe by others.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

The front staff was amazing. So, I guess I will start with that. The man working the front desk was especially helpful.
Also, the shuttle that takes you downtown is just great. Not having to worry about parking and not paying dowtown prices was a definite plus. There is also a mall and a decent amount of (chain) eateries around the hotel.
The bar/restaurant is an awesome place to play trivial pursuit, watch football, or have a drink with friends. There are also really cool HP touch computers with printers for free and a business center.
BUT, the whole hotel smelled awful. IT started once you got in the elevator. It smelled putrid. I was staying on the second floor and thought it smelled of vomit. This smell persisted throughout our trip. I had friends on the fofth floor and their hallwaysmelled better but inside there room there was still a very strange smell. Musty.
If you don't have a sensitive nose or if others recommend particular non-smelly rooms after reading this, I would only stay in those rooms.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Parsonsburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

The location is nice, right off of Rt. 50 and close to restaurants and shopping. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was clean. Room service was prompt and courteous. The restaurant/lounge provided a relaxing place to have a snack and glass of wine at the end of the day. I used the work out facility and it was adequate, nothing exciting. Only negative is the elevators are hot and a bit smelly :-)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
CORTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

My wife and I booked the Sheraton not knowing what to expect. The young ladies at the front desk were very nice and we had a quick check in. I had a few minor issues during the two nights we were there and they resolved them quickly and to my satisfaction. I spent some time at the bar one night and had a good time, the bartender was excellent! We took the free shuttle downtown on Saturday and the driver was great. He recommended places to eat and what to see while we were there. Our room was very clean and it had a nice flat screen tv. Maid service was very good. We are going back in two weeks and we requested are same room on the six floor. Nice location with a mall across the street, plenty of places to shop and eat and movie theaters within walking distance. Looking forward to spending more time there. We are from Ohio and we drive about 400 miles so we need a nice place to relax and not spend a fortune!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple