“Great value”

Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Lewes DE
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel was very clean, with a spacious bathroom and overall, a great place to stay. The only thing I didn't like was that the pool was only open between the hours of 5 and 11p.m. It is next to the mall and we had planned on a swim before going downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write such nice things about your stay. We take pride in our cleanliness and guest rooms and we were happy you noticed. I am sorry about the pool, but in Annapolis you must have a life guard on duty when the pool is open. Please refer to our website for times. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

First I would like to say "Thank you, Yvonne"...we arrived here early and you were so kind to meet our requests. We were here visiting my son and had such as pleasant stay. Our room was on the fifth floor, very clean, very comfortable beds, such soft comforters, plenty of towels and Starbuck coffee. Wow, what a great touch! Starbucks coffee was also in the lobby and always hot. Staff greeted you with a smile, it's always nice to feel welcome. There is a small bar in the lobby and a restaurant. Unfortunately, we didn't try either. Next to the hotel is a Green Turtle (sports bar) if you want to watch any games and the Annapollis Mall is across the street. It is within walking distance. We did go to the pool in the evening. Water was warm and they provided towels so you don't need to take them from your room. A shuttle service is provided within a certain area...we chose to use my son as a shuttle-:). Thank you everyone for helping to make our visit pleasurable. I would recommend this hotel to others and would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Kenko, thank you so much for pointing out Yvonne and her great service. We appreciate you also talking about all our great amenities, local area and free shuttle. We certainly look forward to many more visits when coming to the area!
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had to go to Anne Arundel Hospital for some medical tourism. I've stayed at the Sheraton before and it's close to the medical center. The staff is even better than before, which was great. You can get a ride in their shuttle to the medical center and call to be picked up again. They fixed a noisy heater in my room promptly, and gifted me a plate of delicious cookies for the restless night spent. Starbucks in room coffee. Very comfortable bed with great pillows and linens. Management is doing a great job in an older hotel! Best place to stay if you have to have a procedure at the hospital center!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear kenko, thank you for the great review and pointing out Yvonne for her great service. We are working hard daily to provide exceptional service and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing and mentioning all the great things about our hotel and the surrounding area. We look forward you staying with us again in the future.
delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I absolutely loved my 2 day stay in this hotel. I can't think of one thing to complain about. Though I will say if you need a firm bed you may have some issues. Nothing is wrong with the bed just if your preference is firm these beds are a little more bouncy. But everything was clean. The floors in the bathroom were so shiny I had to keep checking to see if there was water on them. Shower had great pressure. TV was big and channels were sufficient for a hotel room. A lot of time there are one or no kids channels. There were a few extras here. I have a 9 year old with me so that helped especially having HBO family which i have never had a at hotel before. Yvonne at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I loved having the lemon water in the lobby. They have starbucks coffee in the room though i didn't try it. Our view was sufficient. I read some reviews said heater was noisy. Ours wasn't. It kept the room very comfortable. I absolutely loved the blankets. They were so think and comfortable. They were pure white. Not dingy at all. The pool was great. I didn't get in it but my son had a blast. There was suprisingly a lifeguard there. Again I can think of no complaints. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear threehottamales, thank you so much for such a great reveiw and taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. We strive daily to give exceptional service and am truly glad we exceeded your expectations. We certainly look forward to you coming back soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staff is friendly, GM greeted us at the lobby and offered us help. Rooms are nice and clean but the heater is a little noisy. They have a very nice pool and hut tub. If you are looking for a place to stay in Annapolis i would definitely recommend you this very nice Sheraton. Special thanks to Mr. Daryl and very friendly lifeguard Christo

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper stay away from the highway side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Virginia4thelovers, thank you for all the wonderful comments. I always like to stay involved with our guests and hope I can assit them in any way. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to helping you again in the near future!
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here during Hurricane Sandy while in the Annapolis area for work. The staff was professional and worked well under pressure. The hotel restaurant and bar's food and drink is nothing to write home about but the staff was pleasant considering they were the only food option for the hotel guests in the entire area. I enjoyed my stay here as it was in an excellent location near two malls and plenty of dining options. The room was comfortable and clean. Really enjoyed the comfy pillow and soft comforters on the bed. Only negative was that the toilet paper in the bathroom is probably some of the cheapest and roughest I have ever been exposed to in my life. I would expect higher quality for a Sheraton hotel. Other than that I would return to this great property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear JacksonJeep, thank you for taking the time to post such great comments about the staff and how professioanl they were even in stressful times. I am glad you enjoyed the room and it's cleanliness. We hope you come back to see us again soon but under better weather situations!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton last night for my birthday and it was great. I received a birthday card from the front desk plus a few other special treats. The room was very relaxing and met specifications I made online. The mall is right there and a casino is about 20 mins away. We did not go to the bar or restaraunt, but had the h'orduerves (SP) in the Club Level lounge. It was very good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Raider9909, I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and you were able to enjoy the treats and lounge. We take pride in service and exceeding guests expectations, we love to hear guest definitely wanting to return, we look forward to seeing you soon!