“This hotel is moving up!”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Prescott, Arizona
“This hotel is moving up!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had to go to Anne Arundel Hospital for some medical tourism. I've stayed at the Sheraton before and it's close to the medical center. The staff is even better than before, which was great. You can get a ride in their shuttle to the medical center and call to be picked up again. They fixed a noisy heater in my room promptly, and gifted me a plate of delicious cookies for the restless night spent. Starbucks in room coffee. Very comfortable bed with great pillows and linens. Management is doing a great job in an older hotel! Best place to stay if you have to have a procedure at the hospital center!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear kenko, thank you for the great review and pointing out Yvonne for her great service. We are working hard daily to provide exceptional service and cleanliness. Thank you for noticing and mentioning all the great things about our hotel and the surrounding area. We look forward you staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
delaware
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I absolutely loved my 2 day stay in this hotel. I can't think of one thing to complain about. Though I will say if you need a firm bed you may have some issues. Nothing is wrong with the bed just if your preference is firm these beds are a little more bouncy. But everything was clean. The floors in the bathroom were so shiny I had to keep checking to see if there was water on them. Shower had great pressure. TV was big and channels were sufficient for a hotel room. A lot of time there are one or no kids channels. There were a few extras here. I have a 9 year old with me so that helped especially having HBO family which i have never had a at hotel before. Yvonne at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I loved having the lemon water in the lobby. They have starbucks coffee in the room though i didn't try it. Our view was sufficient. I read some reviews said heater was noisy. Ours wasn't. It kept the room very comfortable. I absolutely loved the blankets. They were so think and comfortable. They were pure white. Not dingy at all. The pool was great. I didn't get in it but my son had a blast. There was suprisingly a lifeguard there. Again I can think of no complaints. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear threehottamales, thank you so much for such a great reveiw and taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. We strive daily to give exceptional service and am truly glad we exceeded your expectations. We certainly look forward to you coming back soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Staff is friendly, GM greeted us at the lobby and offered us help. Rooms are nice and clean but the heater is a little noisy. They have a very nice pool and hut tub. If you are looking for a place to stay in Annapolis i would definitely recommend you this very nice Sheraton. Special thanks to Mr. Daryl and very friendly lifeguard Christo

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper stay away from the highway side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Virginia4thelovers, thank you for all the wonderful comments. I always like to stay involved with our guests and hope I can assit them in any way. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to helping you again in the near future!
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here during Hurricane Sandy while in the Annapolis area for work. The staff was professional and worked well under pressure. The hotel restaurant and bar's food and drink is nothing to write home about but the staff was pleasant considering they were the only food option for the hotel guests in the entire area. I enjoyed my stay here as it was in an excellent location near two malls and plenty of dining options. The room was comfortable and clean. Really enjoyed the comfy pillow and soft comforters on the bed. Only negative was that the toilet paper in the bathroom is probably some of the cheapest and roughest I have ever been exposed to in my life. I would expect higher quality for a Sheraton hotel. Other than that I would return to this great property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear JacksonJeep, thank you for taking the time to post such great comments about the staff and how professioanl they were even in stressful times. I am glad you enjoyed the room and it's cleanliness. We hope you come back to see us again soon but under better weather situations!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton last night for my birthday and it was great. I received a birthday card from the front desk plus a few other special treats. The room was very relaxing and met specifications I made online. The mall is right there and a casino is about 20 mins away. We did not go to the bar or restaraunt, but had the h'orduerves (SP) in the Club Level lounge. It was very good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Raider9909, I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay and you were able to enjoy the treats and lounge. We take pride in service and exceeding guests expectations, we love to hear guest definitely wanting to return, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Ocean City, Md.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was concern with the recent reviews but we didn't encounter any problems. It wasn't a resort type hotel but the room was clean and met our overnight needs. When we checked in we saw that we didn't have a TV remote. We called the desk and had a remote w/i 5 minutes. All staff were very friendly, starting with our check-in with Yvonne to the gentleman who brought our remote. Staff we passed in the halls greeted us with smiles. I was happy. Good job Sheraton!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oc pat
Dear oc pat, thank you so much for for the great comments about the staff and our hotel. Yvonne is a great associate and we are lucky to have her, thank you again and look forward to you coming back to see us soon!!
Ft. Collins, CO
Reviewed October 11, 2012

First, tried to get into the Westin for the boat show, they were booked, referred us to Sheraton. Paid $20 extra for the "club level", which entitled us to the top floor and "great views"...of noisy Rte. 50 and "free breakfast" in the club lounge. The room smelled musty, had a tiny window and was poorly lit. One of the elevator's floor indicator did not indicate the proper floor. When the boat show started, the shuttle became extremely busy and therefore, unreliable. I called for it from the Westin, waited 20 minutes, it came and went without me, despite me informing both the Lobby Manager and the outside Valet that I was expecting it. Even after an urgent call from the valet to the Sheraton, the van never returned. Ended up paying lots of money for taxis to avoid the frustration of waiting for the shuttle. I almost live in hotels in my business so I know good hotels and bad hotels and this one is bad.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the club level if my experience is an example.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear TJC822, I am very sorry your stay was not as expected, we strive very hard to give all our guests a great experience. We do have a free shuttle service that runs on demand and with special events the van is continously running all day and is extremely busy with the high demand. The wait time can be longer than expected or even guest missed if not told an exact pick up location.We are a great hotel with great service and my apology to you for not meeting your expectations this time.

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels