“Wonderful Staff and excellent hotel”

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Falls Church, VA
“Wonderful Staff and excellent hotel”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed here because we were going to a comedy show in Annapolis that night. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The TV wasn't working properly. We called and asked if it could be fixed and the guy said they would have to change the whole set. Since we were only staying the night we didn't bother with it, but to make up for it they gave us complimentary passes for the breakfast buffet in the morning. The breakfast wasn't very good, but it was the thought of taking care of the guests that we liked. The location does suck as it is not walker friendly or very close to historic Annapolis, but overall it is a nice place to stay if you need to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Moe, thank you for all the great comments about the wonderful staff and our excellent hotel. We take pride in our hotel and I am glad you noticed. I was sorry to hear about the breakfast and TV, please accept my apology for these issues. We sincerely hope you come back to see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Front desk staff were not friendly and constantly interrupted when I tried to discuss a billing problem that took two days and multiple calls to accounting to attempt to resolve. The hotel is in need of updating. Housekeeping was inconsistent and each day during our stay I had to call for bath towels, which were always missing. There was never an apology for this lack of what I consider to be a basic hotel service. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear belts65, Thank you for your feed back. I was sorry to hear about the desk and housekeeping department, they are usually much better than this. Please accept my apology for the lack of service and attention to details. I will sure be addressing this with the staff and we will continue work hard every day to get better. Thank you again and we hope you consider staying with us in the future!

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we needed something close to Annapolis for a car show. It was nice and met our needs. One downside was an elevator not working, and had to take the steps a few times for the 4th floor. Breakfast was not included, and it was a basic continental for $10.00 or more for hot foods. Seemed like the restaurant was having staffing issues, as they seemed very rushed. Room was nice and had all the basics. Nice, comfortable bed, especially liked the pillows. Shuttle was available to go downtown and took our group down and back several times. Too hard to park in Annapolis.

Room Tip: Ours was at the end of the hall and very quiet at night. Several others complained of noise in the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jadapa, thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry about the elevator not running, it is fixed now and I am sorry you were inconvenienced. Thank you for pointing out your nice room accommodations and our shuttle service. We look forward to having you back soon!
Swedesboro, New Jersey
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean. Bathroom was clean. There were two elevators, however one was broken and no staircase to use so it made getting in and out of the busy hotel difficult. The free continental breakfast wasn't very good, and the wi-fi service was sporadic.

It was worth the price compared to the much more expensive hotels near the historic district and only about a 10 minute drive away.

Room Tip: The 6th floor rooms have their own breakfast lounge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for the great remarks about our cleanliness! We take pride in our hotel an I am sorry about the elevator being down, it is back up and running now. We will look at the internet issue and breakfast, thanks for pointing that out. Thanks again and hope to see you back soon.
Bainbridge, Georgia
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Went to Annapolis for a trip to the Naval Academy, I reserved a room with two double beds for myself and my 3 boys. When I arrived I was given a room with a single king bed. when I returned to the front desk I was told there were no more doubles and the room I was given had a pull out sofa so it was the same as two beds anyway. My son I picked up from the academy said he was much more comfortable in his dorm room. Also the television remote did not work, they sent a guy with a box full of remotes and the best he could do was a remote that worked half the time. Everything else was as expected. The shuttle to and from the Academy was great and saved a couple of drives downtown. The driver and all staff were very nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Michael S
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time give us feedback about your recent stay and mentioning that all the staff was very nice. My sincere apology for not being able to accomodate for a room with two double beds. We try very hard every day to get the correct bed type for everyone, however sometimes this is not possible for various reasons. Please reach out to me personally the next time you visit the area and I will be sure to get you the correct room type and possible an upgrade as well. Thank you again, and hope you come back soon!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is hotel is a short distance to the historic area of Annapolis. There is a large, modern shopping center across the road from the hotel and some restaurant chains surround the hotel. The hotel has a free, on demand, shuttle service to downtown Annapolis and the historic area, which are only short drives away and saves on the problems of parking.

The hotel is clean and modern. I was very impressed that they even had a magnifying mirror in the bathroom for makeup application.

Service staff at the hotel were courteous, from management through to general cleaning staff. They were always very helpful with directions and recommendations.

Our room was spacious and very well maintained.

I would consider this hotel to be very good value and would recommend it to other people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments regarding the hotel and location. We appreciate you sharing your gratitude towards everyone. We look forward to having you back soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in June for a nearby wedding. Overall, this hotel has problems, some minor and some serious, but they also have some very good customer service oriented people working for them, which makes up for some of the problems. Here are pros and cons.

Pros: Front desk service was awesome. Our room wasn't ready at check-in, so the front desk bought us a free drink. When it was ready, they took our bags to the room. The room was nice, comfortable bed, nice bathroom. It was clean and free of pests. The breakfast buffet was also good. The hotel made a conference room available to the bridal party which was a great place for us to hang out in between scheduled events.

Cons: MAJOR SAFETY CONCERN: The elevator door closed on my arm and wouldn't let it go. I'm a 29 year old man in good physical condition, but had this happened to a child or elderly person the force may very well have broken their arm. I reported it to the front desk and they said someone was going to call me back to get the details of the incident, but no one ever called.

The maid service was annoying. Despite placing the do not disturb sign on the door, they still knocked on the door 3 times during the afternoon to come clean the room. More on the elevators....they were slow and the indicator light on the call button was out so if you walked to the elevator and someone else was already waiting, you didn't know which direction the elevator had been called in, so people where always accidentally riding the elevator in the wrong direction. Also, there as no full length mirror in the room and the ironing board was very wrinkled and difficult to use.

On the location, it depends on what you want to do. This hotel is next to a mall and has quick access to route 50; however, if you were in town to visit historic Annapolis, this is not in walking distance. For our purposes of the wedding, it was fine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Daryl S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us feedback regarding your stay. I was excited to hear about all the great customer service you were given by the desk. I was concerned to hear about the elevator closing on your arm, we have had this checked out and taken care of. As for the other problems with the elevator we are working on addressing them as well. I was sorry the desk did not get back to you. I have also followed up with housekeeping about not knocking on doors with do not disturb signs as well. Please accept my apologies for these issues and know they have been addressed and are working daily to be the best hotel. Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to having you back soon.