“great hotel... great price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Annapolis

Crowne Plaza Annapolis
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
King of Prussia, PA
“great hotel... great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2008

I had a great time at this hotel. I travel a lot on business but I was in town for the weekend after Christmas. Staff were efficient at check in and friendly at breakfast. My wife enjoyed being next to the Annapolis Westfield Mall, post-holiday sales in the stores. I managed to get down to the USNA - United States Naval Academy too to have a look around, The free shuttle took me there while my wife again visited the stores! Annapolis is altogether an interesting town to visit.

• Liked — beds, large room, free coffee
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

The Sheraton is usually a remarkable hotel.
This time I was really disappointed.
For the Discount price of $159...our room did not have a hairdryer-took 3 calls and one hour ...to get one. The shower curtain would not stay up...because the hooks were bent.

The restaurant was sooo very slow.

And there was so much more that did not live up to Sheraton quality.
Staying here may not be what you want.

• Stayed September 2007
Bisbee, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

We were there for the Annapolis Boat Show and ended up paying $700+ for a 2 night stay on the "Club" floor. Don't expect anything special if you do this on the weekend - the Club Room is locked up on weekends and no guests have access to it. The web site said we would have a free breakfast included in the price of the Club Room. We asked for where we would go for it since the Club Room did not operate on weekends and were told that there was "no breakfast for weekend stays". It took producing a copy of the printout showing that breakfast was included in the price of the room before they handed us a couple of vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the main dining (the buffet was the one high point). The Lobby looks good but any renovation seems to have stopped there. Our Room in the Club Floor had the closet door missing! We made use of the pool one night and found about a third of the overhead lights were burnt out and the whirlpool did not work - from an overheard comment the whirlpool seems to have been out of order for a considerable length of time.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

Stayed here for one night, as husband was on a business trip. The only nice thing about this place is the location. Across the street from a mall and several resturants. Only a few miles to the Annapolis waterfront. The hotel looks nice in the lobby, but that's where it ends. you can see that it was under renovation and looked liked it was rushed or not complete. The room was small the beds uncomfortable. The breakfast buffett was $10.00 per person and not worth it. I'm just glad my husbands company paid for this room and not us!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2007

We stayed her for 4 nights at the end of July. The staff was terrific and the hotel is ok. The Bathroom needs renovation as there are mildew stains on the tile and some areas clearly need regrouting. The Hotel is a nice property but it needs an entire renovation. It is pretty dated and it needs more than a little maintenance work. On the other hand, it was really good value with a Hotwire booking.

• Liked — excellent staff, friendly, polite and helpful
  • Disliked — Bathroom was cleaned but some things just need to be renovated
  • Stayed July 2007
bloomfield hills, mi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

I do recognize that all accomodations in Annapolis are pricey. And I did desperately want a hotel with an indoor pool to keep my six year old happy during this weekend. With that said, I was disappointed in this hotel, and while I cannot say I would never stay here again (because indoor pools are limited) I will think twice before I decide to stay here. As mentioned previously, there is an impressive odor in the hall/room. A strong musty old smell. The rooms are not sound proof, although that may be related to our room being an adjoining room. NOISY! We could hear the entire conversation in the room next to us, as I am sure they heard our entire conversations (tv too.) Probably not too much of a problem in the afternoon, but at 6:33am on Saturday morning, not the way I like to wake up. There was an impressive towel shortage throughout the entire weekend, both in the room and at the pool. On sat. afternoon (late after 4pm) our room still had not seen housekeeping. (We had left the room at 7:30am).And a little surprise to me is the hotel is pet friendly, which may not be a concern to many, but an anaphylactic concern for me. Dogs everywhere. (My daughter loved it)(I was glad I had medication). I do need to mention the front desk staff was tremendous!!! And very very helpful. And that would be the reason I would return to this hotel! Great Front desk Staff!

• Liked — location, front desk staff
  • Disliked — noisy rooms, lack of towels
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank adawosdi
Redding, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

This hotel says it has been newly renovated. So how come the rooms, even the club level rooms, have smelly carpet? The strong musty smell is evident in the room that I felt scared that staying in here is dangerous to my health. The staff, though, is very helpful and friendly. Hope that they can do something about the carpet.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business