“Pleasure trip to Annapolis”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is lovely! We enjoyed our room immensely... very clean, well kept, fabulously comfortable bed and pillows. Loved the location. Kristine Liwanag at the front desk was so accommodating and helpful with our reservation and requests. We have never had such efficient and pleasant valet, but parking was expensive. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Suzy B,
Thank you for reviewing Loews Annapolis. We greatly appreciate your review of us as a lovely hotel, and it’s great to learn how much you enjoyed your room and the overall comfort of the bed and pillows. We just finished renovating all the rooms in March 2014 with new décor and amenities, so we are sharing all this feedback with our team.

Thank you for your praise of Kristine, one of our Front Desk managers – she is a wonderful part of our team, and I’m happy she took great care of you! Our valet team is also top notch, always focused on efficient and friendly service, so thanks for mentioning them too. Our overnight parking rates are in line with other hotel properties, and we do our very best to ensure our rates are competitive in this high density area of downtown Annapolis.

Thank you so much for choosing Loews Annapolis! I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My boss and I stayed here in early June 2014 for business. I chose this hotel because I had stayed here several times 12-14 years ago while visiting a family member who was a Naval Academy midshipman. The hotel is as nice today as it was all those years ago. In fact, the updates to the décor were spot on and provided for a very nautical Annapolis feel. The hotel is near delicious restaurants (I highly recommend "Level") and is a comfortable 10-15 minute walk to Main Street and all its shops and restaurants. The hotel staff provided great recommendations when requested and the service at the hotel restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lawyergal96,
Thank you very much for your review. It’s very exciting to learn you chose us again after staying 12 or so years ago, and we are thrilled you came back right after we completed renovations on all our rooms and suites! Additionally, in the past 3 years we updated our lobby and all public spaces. I’m so happy you found the décor spot on and appreciated the modern, chic nautical feel we have worked to create to match our surroundings in Annapolis.

Thanks for pointing out our very convenient location! As you highlight, we are walking distance to Main Street and the waterfront, and many restaurants, bars, galleries and shops. Level is a great restaurant choice just a couple of blocks from us. Thank you also for mentioning our staff and great service you received.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis! I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back for another stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The beds were unbelievable sleep worthy! The service in the restaurant was attentive. The hotel staff made you feel welcome. The location of the hotel is in the center of everything. Yes, I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Lanamclin,
We appreciate you reviewing your stay. Wow, thank you for the feedback – we’re thrilled to know you felt welcomed and peaceful! Our team is dedicated to our guests’ comfort and enjoyment throughout their stay, and I’m happy this was evident to you.

It’s also great to hear you found the bed very comfortable, restaurant service attentive, and you enjoyed our very convenient location in downtown Annapolis. Please do come stay again – we so appreciate that you chose Loews Annapolis, and we would love to make you feel at home again!

Barbara McMahon

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel aesthetically very nice and clean. We were on third floor and didn't have any issues with noise. We booked the extra package that included some freebie and coupons as well as breakfast for two. The desk couldn't seem to find the coupons but they credited our account for more than they were probably worth. So it all worked out in the end.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, Director of Sales and Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear JoAnn455,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed the aesthetic of our property, especially since we just completed renovations on all our guest rooms and suites in March 2014. Hopefully you also enjoyed some of the new amenities including 47-inch flatscreen TVs and Keurig coffeemakers in every room! I’m glad you stay was pleasant - I do apologize for any confusion with your coupons but am so happy our staff worked it out, and you had a good stay.

Thank you so much for choosing Loews Annapolis! I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back for another stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very clean and quiet.Walking distance to shops and restaurants.. Can walk to Naval Academy. Would stay here again. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Only issue we had was we were charged 20 dollars to park the car and we did it ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear qoyy,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It’s always nice to hear when our guests enjoy exploring downtown Annapolis from our central location on West Street. I’m glad you enjoyed the walk to the Naval Academy and the many other restaurants and shops. Thank you also for mentioning our friendly staff, and I have shared your praise with them.

Regarding parking, we offer both valet and self-parking. I’m sorry if there was any confusion about our offerings. Self-parking is a $20. We understand overnight parking rates can seem costly in a highly trafficked and dense destination like downtown Annapolis, but please know we do our very best to offer rates that are competitive for the area and with other hotels. Thank you again for the review, and I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back for another stay!

Barbara McMahon

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Open atrium area results in lots of noise is their is a party or event in the lobby area. The rooms in the atrium area have no protection from the noise below. Request a room that is not in this section of the hotel. The other rooms are nice and quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Ted H,
We sincerely appreciate your feedback about your stay. As you touch upon, we do offer a variety of room types. Several of our guests enjoy the interior-facing, atrium rooms for their natural light from the skylit ceiling. We host periodic events in the atrium, and we do our very best to ensure these are over within a reasonable time frame to minimize any disturbance to our hotel guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am glad you enjoy some of our other rooms, and we would be glad to make a permanent note on your profile to mark your room type preference.

Thank you so much for choosing Loews Annapolis and for your feedback.

Barbara McMahon, General Manager

Reviewed June 23, 2014

front desk staff clueless about whether the room was ready or not - event though we had arrived after check in time. No newspaper at the door even though I was asked when I made the reservation which one I would prefer. Booked a suite. Don't go to their restaurant, you will be still sitting there next year. Waited for 45 minutes and wasn't even asked if I wanted a drink.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Susanne K,
Thank you very much for your comments and taking the time to let us know about opportunities we have to better meet our guests needs. It’s always our goal to exceed guests’ expectations, and clearly we did not do that for you. We are so sorry for the frustrations you endured. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience at check in and that you did not receive the newspaper as you requested. We often hear praise from our guests about the professional, helpful service from our team members, and I’m very disappointed this was not the case for you. Likewise, I am truly sorry about the wait you experienced in the restaurant. This is absolutely not up to our standard, and I am have had a detailed review of overall service standards with the restaurant manager and team so that from here forward we are delivering the top notch service our guests deserve. I hope to be able to make amends with you for your stay, and I would welcome a call to discuss this further at 410-295-3295. I hope you will consider coming back to give Loews Annapolis another chance, and I would be your direct point of contact to ensure a wonderful stay from beginning to end.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Barbara McMahon, General Manager