“Great for Meetings”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently had a two day meeting at the Loews Annapolis Hotel and was very pleased with how they were willing to work with me and within the limitations of my strict and limited budget to make my meeting a success. The customer service from all staff is excellent. They truly appreciate your business and make you feel appreciated as a customer. All of the staff, from the the valets to the sales, catering, banquet, and front desk staff are very polite, professional, helpful and friendly, and they really do make everyone feel welcome. The hospitality business is not an easy one and there are many hotels who are mediocre at it at best, but the Loews Annapolis Hotel goes above and beyond what you get at most hotels. They recently went through a renovation, and the sleeping rooms are very, clean, quiet and comfortable. They offer everything you need! I would recommend the Loews Annapolis Hotel to other meeting planners.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GMLoews, Director of Sales & Marketing at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Laura L,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience planning a meeting with us and working with many of our staff through that process. We greatly appreciate your business and are thrilled to hear the meeting was a success!

Thank you for highlighting our team’s service from throughout the property, and their welcoming attitude. This is a truly dedicated, passionate team who cares for all our clients’ and guests’ experiences. I’m delighted to know you saw us go above and beyond and felt taken care of as a valued client.

It’s wonderful that you’re enjoying our renovated rooms and the comfortable environment we worked to create. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation to other meeting planners to work with us. Please continue to let us know how we can best meet your meetings, conference, and personal travel needs!

Thank you for your business, and the Loews Annapolis Hotel team looks forward to working with you in the future!

Tracey Lyon-Mercado

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My family was awoken by banging on our door at 3:30am by an outside pizza delivery person in error. I was told by the front desk that they do allow delivery people up to the rooms but they ought to make sure the delivery person gets the right room and doesn't cause such disturbance to the patrons who are sleeping and didn't order pizza! I've never had this experience before and I hope I never do again. I was unable to sleep and I was disappointed that the hotel policy allows this. I spoke with the very nice day manager and recommended they review their policy and procedure. The valet staff was excellent by the way, probably the best I've ever dealt with!

• Stayed: March 2014
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

MWindish, thank you very much for your comments. Please know that since your notice, we have reviewed this practice and it has been corrected. Per our initial directive, hotel guests will be asked to come to the desk to accept and pay for deliveries. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and of course, if you would like to discuss this further, please call me at 410-295-3295.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I recently went to Annapolis where we stayed at the Loews Hotel. The hotel is located in an excellent part of the city that allows you to walk where ever you go. The staff at the hotel is the most friendliest that I have encountered. The hotel is clean, the rooms are bright and comfortable. We enjoyed a drink in the West while sitting outside.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Nilda N,
Thank you very much for your review. I’m so happy you had an enjoyable visit with us! We are fortunate to be in an ideal location within walking distance to restaurants, shops, waterfront and even the Naval Academy. Of course, the free Annapolis circulator trolley stops right outside our front door, so that is another nice option for guests!

Thank you for mentioning our very friendly staff. They are passionate about providing great service, and I’ll be sure they hear your compliment. Glad you enjoyed our brand new rooms – we finished renovating them all in March 2014!

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to Loews Annapolis the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Let me begin this review by stating that we are "hotel snobs". Our family has stayed in many 5 star hotels and resorts and this is the first review I have felt compelled to write. We chose the Loews Annapolis Hotel for a week's stay during a family crisis. Location and reputation initially attracted us to the hotel. It is beautifully decorated with thoughtful amenities, comfortable beds, and has a great bar and restaurant. The main reason why our experience was so extraordinary though, was the staff. Every single person from the reservation agent I booked the room with on the phone, valets, reception agents, room service, Front Office Manager, Catering Manager (who organized a reception for over 200 people with little time and budget), Director of Sales/Marketing and General Manager who personally organized and executed a breakfast for over 130 guests who were attending the funeral, as well as great bartenders and delicious food. I will be forever grateful for our experience at the Loews Annapolis and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Consider staying in the suites with a deck. Our group rented 40 rooms and everyone liked their room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Patrician, thank you very much for your kind words. On behalf of the entire team, we truly were very honored and humbled to be able to provide assistance during these very difficult times. We are pleased that we were able to make your lives just a little bit easier.

Our very best to you and your family.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great service, outstanding hospitality, great location. The breakfast at "West" is top notch. I am returning in less than two weeks and will be staying at Loews Annapolis Hotel. It is my hotel of choice in Annapolis. Well worth the money!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Patrick R,
Thank you very taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. We’re delighted to be your hotel of choice in Annapolis! I’m so happy to learn our service, genuine care for guests and ideal location are the top reasons. Ensuring great, personalized service is a priority, and one of the ways we hope to create a memorable experience for guests, so thank you for making note of it.

Spring is really in the air in Annapolis, and we so look forward to welcoming you back within the next couple weeks! Please let us know anything you ever need to make your stays with us the best.

Thank you for choosing Loews Annapolis!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am on the road over 100 nights annually and this is the one hotel I actually look forward to staying in. The service and staff are the best I have ever come across in all of my travels and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: Ask for a street facing room rather than an internal foyer-facing room
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear wee4mac,
Thank you very much for your review. Wow, we are truly honored by your comments. I’m so happy we’ve created an environment and offered top notch service that help you look forward to staying with Loews Annapolis each time during your busy travel schedule! I hope you love our renovated rooms and the new design!!

We are fortunate to have dedicated team members who have a passion for providing genuine, helpful service for our guests, and I appreciate you recognizing our staff and service.

Thank you so much for choosing Loews Annapolis. I hope you will be in touch with us anytime about anything we can do to make your stays most enjoyable.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon, and you will bring some permanent Spring weather from Florida with you!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a gem of a boutique hotel. Reasonably priced, excellent and attentive service, clean and comfortable, with a lovely restaurant. We've stayed there many years for business meetings and have come away pleased each time. It would be ideal for a vacation visit to the beautiful historic city of Annapolis.

Room Tip: Room on side opposite street might be preferable, on a higher floor, although street noise is not no...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear DonBeach,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I’m thrilled by how you enjoy our hotel and to hear you’ve been having great experiences for years! We’re honored to have you as a repeat customer.

Thank you for nothing our excellent service – this is a number one priority! I’m happy you find things clean and comfortable and very much hope you’re enjoying our brand new guest rooms since we finished renovating in early March 2014.

You’re right about Annapolis being a historic city with charm, plus entertainment, shopping and great culinary offerings. Hopefully we can welcome you soon for a no-work, all-play trip! Thanks for choosing Loews Annapolis, and I hope we see you very soon.

Happy Spring!