Loews Annapolis Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)
  • Restaurant
1,333 results
All reviewsfront deskwithin walking distanceself parkingnaval academyhotel restaurantrams headvalet staffbusiness meetingvery nice hotelwould highly recommend this hotelhistoric areaking roomcity dockboat showmain streetjoannaatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Would like to start out by saying that I was very excited to stay here. I'm a Hilton Diamond and wanted to try this great hotel brand my dad always talks about. Booked a 'Get Away Package' (not the cheapest room rate) I was looking forward to spending some time away and visiting a venue we discovered close by "Rams Head Live".

Check in: Valet parking was a breeze, well done... and that is where all the 'good ness' stopped.
Durring check in the person checking us in did not know anything about the package we booked. It was sposed to come with valet parking, breakfast, drinks and a app, welcome gift, etc. She babbled something and said she did not know what was included. She read something off the screen that made no since to her or us.

The hotel also sent us a message saying they were doing a food donation and to bring a few things for a 'chance at a upgrade' or something like that. Not wanting the anything but just wanting to help we we had a bag of food items to donate for the xmas drive. The girl at the front desk looked at us like we had three eyes when we offered her the bag. Walking away we noticed a big party going on at the hotel. O well with no info about our package, no welcome gift, and carrying an extra bag of donation food we went to our room thinking we will call someone once we got settled in to figure things out...

The room: Nothing fancy found some hair around the in the bathroom and the bedding was a little warn (sticking falling out of pillows and devue). I've seen a lot of rooms. Nothing fancy nothing horrible. Called the number on the phone to talk to a manager hoping to get a call back and fix the 'package' thing. About two hours later we went to dinner and our concert. Came back to a lot of drunk people walking around the hotel. No biggie. I've been one...

About 1am the after party started in the room next to ours. Loud people running up and down the halls and people yelling in the room(s) and carring on. Ended up having to call the front desk 3 times to deal with it. 3rd time I told them bring us some ear plugs.... Fast forward.. a horrible night sleep... We planed on sleeping in to make up for it. At 8 am repairmen were on the roof fixing a broken 'compressor' right above our room.

That is is we are out. We were excited to pack up and looked forward to getting home and getting some sleep. Figured with all the mess we had they would comp us the room. Nope... they (Jason S.) took the package part of the room cost off, apologized hat no one could explain the package to us. Charged us the normal room rate and gave us free breakfast and said to call him if we decided to visit again.

FAIL... you did not complete your first objective... a place to get a restful night sleep and basically charged me to let you know you had a party going on next door all night.

Great we found a wonderful venue to visit often "Rams Head Live' But we will be staying at the Double Tree down the road.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Iconick
BarbaraMcMahonLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Iconick,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. I am so sorry for the frustrations you endured and that we were unable to satisfy your needs during this visit in December.

I want to take this opportunity to address the issues you experienced and let you know how we are working toward resolutions. First, we clearly failed to communicate on our end about the package you booked. We absolutely regret this mistake, and since your stay we have made some staffing changes that we believe were related to this issue. I apologize that you did not receive the amenities you should have, nor was your kind and generous food donation received with our sincere gratitude, in the way in should have been. Providing excellent service for each guest is always our priority, and we didn’t come through for you. I am confident to assure you this is not a good indication of the service or comfortable environment we are striving to create every day. Please know these issues have influenced our training to ensure such miscommunications and related issues do not occur.

Regarding the noise complaint, I’m truly sorry you had to deal with such a frustrating night. Allowing the noise to continue is not our policy. Please know that I have reviewed our no noise tolerance policy after hours to the appropriate staff. Finally, regarding the quality of our rooms, since your stay we have undergone renovation to update all our guests’ rooms and suites, which will be completed the first week of March. In addition, all of our housekeeping staff completed a refresher on cleaning and detailing. We are excited to offer all our guests and updated, brand new product.

As the General Manager, I would like the opportunity to speak with you further about these experiences and hope to discuss ways we can regain your trust in Loews Annapolis. I will be reaching out to you directly to determine when and how best we can connect.

Thank you.
Barbara McMahon, GM
410-295-3295

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I live within an hour of Annapolis but went to a concert and did not feel like driving home in the snow and ice so we made a mini-vacation happen. We called Loews and they happily had rooms. Valet parking was good way to start, then we were put into a newly renovated room- awesome! Fluffy pillows, quiet room, luxurious towels, robe and K-cups too! I mentioned it was a crazy day, full of stress, I was distracted and lost my car keys. Fifteen minutes later up comes a complimentary bottle of wine- I couldn't believe it. What a nice touch on a terrible snow day - and how awesome to walk out happily down West street for a nice dinner, then back for a wonderful sleep, and a quick 20 min commute to my office vs my usual long commute! I plan on staying again and soon!

Room Tip: The new rooms are beautiful! They also have suites, which we didn't get but I would ask for one next time!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Took my husband to this hotel for a weekend getaway to celebrate his birthday. The hotel was very nice and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The staff were exceptional. The young lady at the front desk overheard me say something about it being my husband's birthday, and when we returned from dinner, there were complementary snacks and iced down beer in our room with a sweet note from the front desk staff. There was also a wonderful lady named Pat working the parking garage booth. She was so absolutely delightful. She wanted to know why we were visiting and said she loves her job and loves to meet all of the people that come to Annapolis from all over. The people definitely would make it worth going back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Kathy J,
Thank you for offering your feedback for the TripAdvisor community. I’m thrilled you and your husband had a great birthday weekend getaway. There’s really no higher compliment than to know our friendly, helpful staff and their personalized service are the reason for a great stay, and a desire to return again to Loews Annapolis! I’m so happy everyone from our Front Desk staff to Pat, our parking attendant, engaged with you – our team has a passion for our guests and strives to provide personalized, top notch service every single day. It’s wonderful you enjoyed the birthday treats in addition to these personal interactions! Since you stayed in November 2013, I’m delighted to let you know that we have several completely renovated guest rooms as part of our nearly complete renovations. We’d love the chance to welcome you again to enjoy brand new rooms, scheduled to be completed in Spring 2014! Thank you again for choosing Loews Annapolis Hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Third time at this hotel for a conference and it's one of my favorites. They have been doing construction for quite a while now so every time I go back it's different (better). The service staff are exceptional in their helpfulness and kindness. The only issue I have is that their internet is incredibly slow (the free version). You have to refresh pages several times to finally get it to load and I couldn't use any music service because the it kept cutting out.

Room Tip: Until construction is over (probably end of 2014), I'd request a room on the second floor. If you are third floor or higher you will be woken up by the sound of hammering/sanding etc every morning. This may be remedied soon but as of January they were quite far from being finished.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear jhartsho,

I’m so happy to hear you love the Loews Annapolis Hotel, and that we’re a favorite spot for you. It’s certainly a top compliment to know our staff’s exceptional and kind service have made a lasting impression on you during your visits! As far as our construction, I love that you’re seeing the improvements we are diligently making to the property – and am especially delighted to let you know that this Spring of 2014 our construction is scheduled to be completed, which is completely renovating our guest rooms. Hopefully you’ll be back soon to enjoy a brand new guest room! Regarding the Internet, we have two tiers. Our free Premium WiFi is for basic web surfing which most people use without inconveniences, while our second tier of updgraded, paid WiFi allows for more sophisticated usage including streaming. We would love to talk to you about the best option during future stays. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back here to Loews Annapolis anytime.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and I currently live in New York City and have been in and out of hotels consistently for more than 2 years. I had the opportunity to stay at the Loews Hotel of Annapolis and experienced the upmost kindest, caring and thoughtful employees I ever incountered. I have stayed at the best hotels in New York City and nothing compares to the quality and service of this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear highendtravelqueen,
We’re truly honored by your comments – to hear that nothing compares to the quality and service of our hotel is the highest compliment. I’m so happy our team’s dedication to supreme service was so evident to you and made you feel cared for and looked after while you choose to spend time in our hotel. I’ll be sharing your feedback with our team as great motivation to keep up their good work. Thank you very much for choosing Loews Annapolis, and we would be glad for the opportunity to welcome you anytime your travel brings you from New York City to our beloved Annapolis!