“Great place to stay with your Pet!”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Viera, Florida
“Great place to stay with your Pet!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When they said Annapolis was a Pet Friendly town, they weren't kidding! I was able to take my very big LabraDoodle almost anywhere! Many restaurants had outdoor seating and brought dog bowls with water upon request (some had them out there already). My dog came out with me everyday and the people at the Loews Hotel were great! Buster got a 'doggie goody bag' and the staff were extremely friendly. I was worried if he barked that he would upset people, but people seemed to be more annoyed at kids running around than the dog barking. But I had a great time, the town is awesome for just walking or just sitting at an outiside table and just enjoying a drink, coffee or a meal.

I was even able to bring the dog onto the Naval Academy grounds to walk along the Bay (just not in parade areas, but it's posted well) and was able to enjoy my tax dollars that goes to the Naval Academy :) The grounds were beautiful, everyone was nice and I don't think we ate anywhere that the food wasn't terrific! Many of the restaurants use local ingredients when possible, so I was happy to know that my pirchases were helping the local community.

If you want to take your pet on a trip, regardless of their size (most places only allow little dogs), Annapolis is the place to go! The weather was beautiful too!

There's nothing like sitting outside at a little cafe, reading a book with yuor beloved pet at your feet enjoying the view with you :) A great vacation for some great history, food and just relaxing!

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less street traffic noise and probably less noise when they have a conventi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at loews a couple years ago when they had renovations taking place, I stayed here in April and they have finished and it looks wonderful! Great nautical theme in the lobby. Extremely helpful and friendly doorman, front desk always smiling and make you feel welcome, room very clean and comfortable, restaurant West is delicious (you have to try the fresh made strawberry soda! And the crab bisque!) Always a friendly hello from employees walking by. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
LoewsANP, Director of Sales at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We're delighted you enjoyed your stay and the Strawberry Cobblestone Sodas are a definite favorite among our guests. Make sure you come back soon to try the new Spring/Summer menu in WEST!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and acknowledging our friendly staff - we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're visiting Annapolis!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Clean establishment. Only concern is that on all the days I stayed here, staff allowed vehicles to park next to the entrance doors in the circle drive area. Sometimes difficult to walk around vehicles and other people. Found this the one unsafe situation that needs immediate attention, especially if an evacuation was encountered.

Room Tip: Stay near elevator, less walking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our team! We appreciate the feedback on parking in the driveway with our partners at Towne Park. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Philadelphia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went to the Loews in mid-May for a romantic getaway/babymoon. I was so disappointed in this hotel and wish we had spent our money elsewhere.

Here were the good things: The lobby is beautiful and there was a bellman who was extremely kind and lovely to us (I unfortunately forget his name but he has a young daughter and we had a great conversation with him about baby names)!

The front desk, check-in and the outdated rooms were what made our stay less than ideal. When I booked my reservation for a king room, I put that I would be 5 months pregnant and asked for a quiet room. When we arrived, I noticed that many of the rooms overlook an atrium. When we found out that there was going to be a high school prom in this atrium that night, I asked to not have a room facing the atrium. This didn't seem like a big request to me as I was visibly pregnant and had already requested a quiet room, but it seemed to complicate matters for the front desk quite a bit. We were told that our room wasn't ready (we arrived around 3, check in is at 4, which seems very late to me). Since our room wasn't ready, they asked me to bring my luggage to the bellman. I explained that I couldn't lift the bags (my husband was parking) and the front desk employee looked annoyed about having to walk the few feet to ask a bellman to come over and help.

The first room they gave us was on the second floor and made us feel as though we were in someone's backyard. Leaving the curtains open would have been an issue. (Photo attached here.) When we asked to switch rooms we were told this was the only king room in the entire hotel that was available. We were going to deal with it until my husband checked their registration system online which said that they had many levels of king rooms available! I called downstairs and they told me that if someone had booked one of those kings they would have given them a room with two doubles when they showed up. How does that make sense? Why display that rooms are available if they aren't? Anyway, at the end of the day they upgraded us to a suite, which was very nice and much appreciated, but really all we wanted was the room we booked!

The room was fine but needs serious updating. The furniture and fixtures were old. The sofa/chairs were worn. The room did not give the impression of being very clean. The bathroom was well outfitted but small.

Pick somewhere else to stay in Annapolis. Don't spend your money here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PhillyCali
Congratulations on your upcoming arrival and thank you for your feedback and for your kind words regarding our renovated lobby and bell staff.

We apologize for the room inconveniences you experienced during your staff and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once we've completed our guest room renovation later this year. Please contact our General Manager's office so we can discuss your concerns in more detail.
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you haven't been there you must go! The food was absolutely amazing, from the grilled artichoke and the crab dip appetizers to the seafood dinner. This menu was fantastic. It was really hard to decide what to eat because it all sounded so good and, knowing that the Chef uses as much locally grown produce and farm fresh food just makes it that much better. I am from PA but was visiting my sister in Annapolis so we stopped in there for an evening of al fresco dining. Boy did it end up being a good choice. We will go back there often! Don't think of eating at a Hotel restaurant, but you should, this one is worth every penny! Bon Appetit!
Mitchell

Room Tip: I only dined this time but would highly recommend the hotel for it's attractive local feel and f...
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LoewsAnnapolisGM, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review, Mitchell. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience at WEST Kitchen & Tavern. You are correct in that Chef Relf utilizes farm fresh ingredients from local purveyors in all of his dishes. We’re glad you took advantage of our outdoor patio and hope you will visit us again soon!

Warm Regards,
Gavin Philipp
Berlin, Maryland
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Loews Annapolis Hotel. The staff was wonderful, welcoming and more than curteous. The location was perfect to walk to all the downtown attractions. The room was nice, clean and quiet. Overall, we had a very positive expeirence & would highly recommend the Lowes Annapolis Hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in a large suite which was very spacious
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LoewsAnnapolisGM, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We couldn't be happier to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We're delighted to have hosted you and your husband. Our staff strives to provide warm, attentive service so it's great to hear your positive feedback. We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Annapolis upon your return to the area!

Warm Regards,
Gavin Philipp
Cranford
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great hotel and location. Easy to get to from highway and easy to walk to all restaurants and shops in town. The trolly is right across the street which was awesome for us to take down the hill to the shops and water. The hotel was clean and the pillows were extremely comfortable. I would stay here again and have already recommended it to family and friends who plan to visit Annapolis this summer.

Room Tip: Stayed with a group of people. We asked for joining rooms which was awesome since it made the rooms...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. We're ecstatic that you enjoyed our downtown location and plush pillows - both important parts of a relaxing getaway! We look forward to your next stay!

Warm regards,