“Excellent Choice in Annapolis”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a State wide conference at the Loews and the experience was wonderful. The meeting room in the Power House was a perfect size for our group, the lighting and temperature were easily controlled and the accustics were great. We ate several meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in the hotel and the conference participants confirmed my thoughts that the meals were superb. All the hotel staff including housekeeping, the waiters, the front desk and the valets were cordial and helpful. The staff was very friendly and available whenever we needed them.My room was clean and comfortable and my foam pillows were delivered promptly. The location is close to historic Annapolis and it was an easy walk to the shops, water and the Naval Academy. Choose the Loews for a great time!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
LoewsAnnapolisGM, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

We're thrilled to hear about your recent stay with us, Steve! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your meals and found our staff to be helpful and attentive. We're also very glad that you were able to take advantage of our downtown location and experience all that Annapolis has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had an impromptu getaway this weekend and stayed at the Loews Annapolis. The location is very convenient to the "happening" side of town. Park the car and walk everywhere or use the free (drivers work for tips) jitney service. My wife was very pleased--not always an easy task--by the room's appointments and super comfortable bed and pillows. Nice nautical decor throughout the property and room in keeping with Annapolis' maritime character. Staff at front desk, housekeeping, and Commodore's Lounge were all very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We're honored that you chose Loews Annapolis for your impromptu getaway and ecstatic that you and your wife enjoyed your mini vacation! Thank you for pointing out the local jitney service which is quite convenient. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to the area!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our recent lodging at the Loews of Annapolis was very relaxing. While not as fancy as other Lowes hotels, the room was more than adequate. The hotel personnel we interacted with were very personable. The lobby area is a little confusing as is getting to the underground parking. The location is not the best for visiting the town of Annapolis. It is either a very long walk to the historical section or a short taxi ride. The city has bus service also. I would recommend this hotel to out of town visitors.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Love this hotel when staying in Annapolis. Excellent location if you want to be within walking distance of downtown Annapolis restaurants, shops and bars. When we visit Annapolis, we enjoy walking down to city dock, shopping in all of the little shops along the way and visiting the US naval academy. Yes, there is a fee to park. I've had good luck in the past with this hotel with my Loew's First program membership because it offers a lot of upgrades / perks if you have stayed at a Loew's at least once before within a year. Clean, comfortable rooms, pretty hotel and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at the Lowes for business, this past Summer/Fall but tried to include some leisure activities. The location and free shuttle "golf cart" made that very easy to do. Loved not having to worry about parking in the "downtown" pier area of Annapolis. But when booking your hotel factor in the $30 dollars a day this hotel charges for parking and additional expense for wifi. I except that in NYC, Washington but I was surprised for this area. If fact it made us stay this past week in a hotel further out that offered both included with stay. Their fitness center at Loews is great and I try to stay at this brand because we stay every year at the Don Cesar in Fl. but unfortunately I don't think it is worth it in Annapolis.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Maryann C
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Not well soundproofed but pleasant room. However, the pillows were all too uncomfortable ...never experienced this at ANY hotel before!

The staff was pleasant...the parking lot was very full and charged $20 extra. Free wifi only in lobby

Frankly I felt nickel and dined for a most average and non exceptional hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Phil S
LoewsAnnapolisGM, General Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We strive to provide our guests with exceptional value and we regret to hear about your less than satisfactory experience at Loews Annapolis. We understand the importance of internet access and we will soon be offering complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel (including guest rooms) starting this summer. While overnight parking can be costly in a highly trafficked area, we do our best to offer rates that are competitive for the area. We have taken your comments into consideration and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at Loews Hotel in Annapolis for a regional convention. We were upgraded to a Presidential Suite (for extra $, but still a reasonable price). The extra space allowed us to have a space for my local club members to relax and chat and play games inbetween and after the convention events. The room consisted of a King room with bath connected to a large living space with another bathroom. There are two pull out couches which one of my suite mates had no problem sleeping on. There is also at least a 52 inch TV in the living space. We enjoyed the table for playing cards and also the huge balcony for morning coffee. I also have a family of 6 and found the Presidential Suite ideal for Families with more than 5 people as you can all be in the same space and not feel overcrowded. It is a much better option than staying in two double bed rooms. The hotel is within walking distance to the charming and quaint shop and eatery filled streets leading to the waterfront. For those, who do not walk, no problem, there is a trolley across the street from the hotel.

I read reviews on Trip Advisor before my arrival and found the following tips to be very helpful. The 1st is just valet park. It is only $3 extra plus tipping the nice young men who unload your vehicle quickly and hold your luggage and deliver it to your room when the room is ready. We brought many totes, bags, coolers for our meetings & hosting in our room in addition to our suitcases. This service is totally worth it and it saved all of our backs from having to lug all of our stuff over several trips. I also think that your car is better protected in the garage with the valet parking vs. the self parking. If you have 1 bag you can roll it and might save a few bucks, but then your car is parked in an area that I would not consider safe and it is a hike. My advice: Spend a few extra dollars, be happy and let the hotel serve you. My suitemates didn't want to valet, but once I shared with them how little extra it is to valet, they were pleased with our decision when they saw the hassle of what others had to deal with for self parking especially when they were being charged pretty much the same amount. Also my suite mate got a call from husband who was upset during her stay because there was a $400 charge by the hotel! I remembered reading about this on TA and told her to let him know that it was just a security deposit hold. Both were relieved to know that information right away instead of wasting time and negative energy trying to figure it out. I think the front desk should inform guests of this hold on the credit card at check in.

The meeting spaces we used during our convention were well equipped , comfortable and over all excellent. The catered hotel food tasted better than average for catered hotel food. I enjoyed the plated chicken we had at our luncheon the best.

The staff in all departments were professional, accommodating and friendly. I love how they address you with your name when you call or speak with them. The management must run a tight ship because the staff was definitely busy the entire time, and everything went smoothly during our stay. We did not have to wait for anything while we were there. Great staff. I was most impressed with Jessica at the front desk. She has a wonderful demeanor and does a fantastic job of making guests feel welcome at Loews Hotel.

I found the rooms and public hotel space clean. Loews is a pet friendly hotel, but we didn't see one pet hair while we were there (except on the dogs themselves).

As for getting an upgrade to the top floors, be sure to look at the amenities the suite includes online because the information is not available in the room. With the Commodore level suites, they include continental breakfast in the cozy Commodore Lounge. I really loved this lounge. Also the Commodore level includes free wifi which they don't tell you. You have to bill it to your room in order to use the wifi and the front desk will remove the wifi charge at check out.

I did see an atrium room while there and I think they are comfortable rooms. I liked the atrium view. The best views are seen when walking the downtown historic Annapolis anyway.

My suitemates and I had an excellent stay at Loews. We enjoyed ourselves especially with our spacious suite and the hard working staff that strive to ensure that all Loews guests have a wonderful visit in Historic Downtown Annapolis.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is well suited for a family of 6+ or for those traveling with a large group w...