“A pleasant and comfortable hotel”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a good hotel, but it needs improvement in several areas and that's why I didn't give it four stars.

The lobby is very nice and check-in was smooth.

The room is quite complete. It has a work desk with an adjustable office chair, a mini bar, a pretty good coffee machine and a comfy seat. There is Wi-Fi, but it is not for free.

The safe is inside the closet, but it is positioned vertically. It is high, but not deep. At least you can store valuables in it, but you need to stack them. I'm not sure if a 15" laptop fits.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

There are several restaurants nearby and if you don't mind a 15 minute walk, you can easily go to the harbour where you can find several other restaurants. The hotel also offers a transportation service.

So why only 3 stars then? Basically there are several smaller things that need improvement. It all adds up and this hotel is fairly expensive so I expected more.

I was a little disappointed with the room I got. The furniture looked somewhat old and worn. There also wasn't a good place for my suitcase, but by moving the desk a little, I could make it fit. The sliding doors of the closet were not tied to the floor and make it look like they were broken. I'm not sure whether this was on purpose or whether they were broken indeed.

There was an issue getting warm water. It took a very long time for the water to get warm and the water pressure was too low. I was only on the third floor, so I don't think that played a role.

There is only one block with elevators. It was not a big deal for me, but you may need to walk quite a bit to get to them. They are also very slow and several times I had to wait a long time for an elevator to show up.

The parking policy is very annoying. They're way too pushy getting you to take the valet parking. I took the self parking and wasn't even allowed to park my car close to the entrance to unload my luggage and check-in. I was sent away with some lame excuse. Self parking is also outside only and with 18 $US a day way too expensive.

I also think that for a hotel like this, internet access should be for free.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelOften4B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our first stay but certainly will not be our last. The hotel was immaculate, great service, restaurant was outstanding and very pet friendly. Dedicated exit and entrance for our canine companions plus a goodie bag including dog mat, dog dishes, treats and pooper bags. We have already recommended this hotel to about 6 other couples.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank dorothy h
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The lobby and the restaurant West look good. The room needs improvement. The waiters at the restaurant were awful. They need to upgrade the menu and the sevice to the brand name. In one word the service SUCKS!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 071912q
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days and liked the location but the hotel and parking along with the taxes are expensive.

The hotel states that there is a Continental breakfast daily however when I went to the room it said to get a voucher for the restaurant. The voucher was for eggs, meat and toast. I did not want to eat that for 3 days Also it took more time to eat in the restaurant where the continental breakfast is grab and go. I was dissapointed a continenal breakfast was not what I got.

The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. There was a coffeemaker in the room however, the maid service was terrible in restocking the coffee and creamers. As a matter of fact they did not replace amything we used including soap and toliet paper. Had to call to get what we needed and then they bought up what we did not ask for.

The staff was nice and there was complimentary transporation that would take you where you needed to go.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

On check in, we were upgraded to the 6th floor Commodore level. Nice room, nice view and a bonus of the available lounge, complete with comfortable couch, large television for your viewing pleasure, and (free) drinks in the fridge. So while my wife worked on puzzles on the Kindle, I was glued to playoff baseball. It was a nice, unexpected treat. Breakfast was included, but was less of a treat. Although my omelet was delicious, we were seated in a frost-bitten area along the outer window. Coffee cold in about 90 seconds. It took three explanations to receive the complementary breakfast we were offered, and the alternate server, who was apparently the restaurant manager, was inexplicably sullen throughout. Maybe just a bad day, but a poor ending to an otherwise enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Commodore levels (5 & 6) are nice upgrades.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichaelbMd
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just came back yesterday from a 3 night stay at the Loews Annapolis Hotel and it was GREAT! Lovely comfortable beds, soft pillows and great service all round. The room was spotlessly clean, spacious and very comfortable, the staff at the hotel couldn't do enough to help. I was on a business trip with 6 other travel agents and I was very impressed on the whole.

We had two minor problems whilst we were there, 1. We had trouble connecting to the internet, but the staff at the front desk couldn't have done more to help, including registering me to the loyalty program so I got the wifi for free.
2. Breakfast on the sunday was very slow service and came out cold, but we had been told that the staff were all attending a leaving party for the catering manager the night before and just put it down to a few sore heads, service otherwise was brilliant and the food was lovely.

Well done Loews Annapolis! I will be sending customers your way in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dawnrogers7
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Loews was great. Clean and terrific staff. The price is up there but that is the case all over town during the show. I was put off by the distance to the show but it is a 10 minute walk past some great stores, bars and restaurants. (Rams head was the best). They give you a golf cart ride if you wish for a few dollar tip. The Town has free trolleys that come by every 5 minutes. I will go back. PS the house 'Breezes' makes killer margaritas, I kid you not.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple