“Business oriented, clean rooms, friendly staff”

Loews Annapolis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 27, 2011

A modern hotel with a great location for naval and government business. A bit of a walk to the downtown restaurant and shopping district but they have a shuttle service that will get you there and accepts phone calls for pickup. The state house and court house are only a couple of blocks away.

The room was clean, the HVAC system was quiet and the wireless worked better than most hotels. Very comfortable bed. The bathroom was a bit small but everything worked. Good shower. There is a massive construction project going on behind the hotel so if you are a late riser, then make sure you request a room on West Street. The elevator system is a little noisy on the concierge level.

The Breezes restaurant is a little pricey but the food is excellent. Very unusual and tasty breakfast options. If you are on a business expense account, then the prices in the restaurant and bar are affordable. If you are touring, then everything seems a little excessive BUT then again, this is Annapolis.

Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful, from the parking garage to the restaurant. They all made eye contact and inquired about our needs. It's a small thing but it makes a difference. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the West Street side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SearchLite99
There are newer reviews for Loews Annapolis Hotel

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Advantages:
Amazing buggies to downtown (for a gratuity) with friendly & helpful drivers
Classy, included breakfast
Chilled towels and water in excellent gym
Good TV
Concierge
Hotel shop

Disadvantages:
Indoor windows in some rooms
Pay for car park
Excessive tipping

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We checked in on Friday the 9th of December for just one night. We had previously called to add a note to the reservation to defeather the room due to allergy. Upon check in, the receptionist added that "from a third party reservation site" they aren't able to access special requests. When I told her we actually called the hotel directly to add the request she was like "oh yeah I see it now". Check in was polite and quick, and they had little yummy chocolates to enjoy during the process.
When we got to our room, there was still feather down bedding. We called housekeeping and they only took about 15 minutes to come to the room to switch them for hypoallergenic.
We ordered room service which by most standards was reasonably priced and was large portions. The room itself was quite large and felt private, with windows overlooking some trees. The bathroom was also very large for hotel standards. The room and bath were quite clean. The bed was very comfortable as was the temperature of the room. The heat/AC unit worked terrifically. They provide guests with in-room Keurig coffee maker and an assortment of K Cup drinks to choose from and a mini fridge. The location of the hotel was terrific and there is a local shuttle which operates from 10:30am-10:30PM that will take you anywhere in downtown Annapolis. They provide you with the direct number for the shuttle at check in or the valets can also arrange the ride for you. It was terrific to not have to drive around town on a Friday night and try to to find parking. The valets were quick and friendly.
There were a few negatives to the room and stay. The first of course was the lack of attention to a serious allergy with the feathers. The second was that the walls were so paper thin that we could hear the people in the room next door talking, and also their alarm clock going off in the morning. For some reason we were called by the front desk at 6:45AM (after being out until midnight!) with our "wake up call". Though they addressed me by name (so we know it wasn't a wrong room number) we had not actually requested a wake up call at all. The water pressure in the shower was pathetic but luckily there was a "massage" setting on the shower head so I was able to get enough pressure to wash the shampoo out of my hair.
All in all not a bad experience, but if I had to stay in Annapolis in the future I might try another one of the hotels.

Room Tip: Request or reserve a room on the exterior of the building. There is an atrium in the center of the h...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank acswift
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My husband and I stay at the Loews Annapolis at the end of October and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was incredibly nice and accomodating. The front desk clerk gave me her earring backs when I realized on my way to a wedding that I didn't have any!
The rooms are nice and cheerful and decorated in a classy nautical theme and are quite spacious!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Elizabeth and P... S
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights for my husband's USNA class reunion, as part of a group block. The room was comfortable. We did have to ask Front Desk three times for a crib. We were pleased to receive a Johnson & Johnson baby amenities package with it. The concierge was excellent in following through finding us a great babysitter at last minute. Room Service was excellent - prompt service on the phone and for delivery. Food was good and not overpriced. The hotel is well located to the harbor, Naval Academy, and football stadium. They are all walkable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

While visiting friends in Annapolis we decided to roll the dice and stay at a hotel our friend recommended. This hotel is a wonderful blend of location, most pleasant service, wonderful rooms and above all for us - its clean. I don't know if we just caught a shift of bell hops in a good mood or what, but these guys were some of the best! They were just pleasant and friendly. The rate we received from an internet site was surprisingly reasonable. My "excellent" rating doesn't represent that this is the absolute best hotel I've stayed at in my life (gracious, I've traveled 55 countries and all but one state), but it means that it was everything I expected in Annapolis and then some. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and see no reason to stay anywhere else in Annapolis.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank David D
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We and our wedding guests stayed at the Loew's Annapolis Hotel. I can't say enough about how fantastic this hotel is! The rooms were great, the bed comfy and the bathrooms are spacious and clean.

The hotel is so close to downtown that our wedding guests could reach the downtown area in a 5-10 minute walk or they could jump on the complimentary shuttle that the hotel offers! The food was great for room service and the restaurant.

We also had nothing but superb service from the staff at the hotel. I definitely suggest staying at this hotel when in Annapolis!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple