Loews Annapolis Hotel
$109
Country Inn
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$106
$103
Comfort Inn Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$94
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$119
$113
Doubletree.com
Hilton Garden Inn Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$118
Westin Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott Annapolis(Annapolis)(Great Value!)
$119
$95
1,347 results
All reviewsfront deskwithin walking distanceself parkingnaval academyhotel restaurantrams headvalet staffbusiness meetingvery nice hotelwould highly recommend this hotelhistoric areaking roomcity dockboat showmain streetjoannaatrium
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I had a three-day business meeting at the Loews Annapolis in June 2011. The meeting organizer booked my room and after reading the reviews here, I was concerned about the noise, room furnishings, and other issues that people have raised in previous reviews. After a very pleasant stay, with none of the problems others have mentioned, I felt compelled to add my $0.02.

Overall, the Loews was a very solid business-class hotel. The lobby area is nothing special, but there are nice places to sit outside with dozens of rocking chairs spread around. The parking is expensive, but that seems to be par for the course for hotels in the historic/capitol/academy part of Annapolis. By joining the free Loews YouFirst loyalty program, I got free wifi (saving $13/night) and a newspaper in the morning.

The room itself was reasonable sized (king bed, two desks, nice chair for reading), the bed was comfortable, and I had no issues with noise. My room was on a corner overlooking West Street -- being a corner I had only one neighbor, which might have helped with the noise, but street noise was not an issue. The bed was quite comfortable, with a nice mix of firm and soft pillows so you could pick your preference. The bathroom was clean and well appointed, with good quality soaps and nice absorbent towels -- again, no complaints.

The location of the hotel is very convenient for walking to the capitol, academy, or harbor, which seem to be the main attractions in the area. The entire area is very quaint and historic feeling, with lots of restaurants and shops for your window shopping or dining pleasure.

Finally, I should note that there is no pool (supposedly due to zoning issues?) or health club, which is unusual for a business class hotel like the Loews. I would have liked to have gotten in a bit of cardio work, but not this time.

Room Tip: Join the YouFirst loyalty club - it's free!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cz4ever
JALWashingtonDC, Manager at Loews Annapolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to Annapolis and joined our YouFirst Rewards program. I hope to see you you again and please, bring your work-out clothes...our fitness center is located on the second floor. I regret that this was not communicated effectively while you were here.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Be warned: the Loews Annapolis will be taking your money from the minute you walk in the door. Parking is 22 dollars a day for valet (not including tips) and 18 dollars a day for self park in an underground parking garage. There isn't really a choice, you have to pay to park because there are no other parking garages nearby or street parking. Then, they will charge you 10 dollars a day just to use their WiFi in the rooms. When you get in your room, things will have tags on them telling you how much it cost to use them. Even the water bottles are 4 dollars each! You would think that after paying a large amount for a room, a water bottle would be included, but no! Whats worse, we were overcharged by 40 dollars on our check card for no reason. When we called the desk, they gave us an attitude and said that they didn't see any charges and that we were only charged for parking and internet. So now we have to dispute it with our bank. Their restaurant is extremely overpriced for what you get too. A salad was 16 dollars, ouch! If you have money to throw around, then it is okay, but we work hard for our money and it made our trip miserable when everyone was holding out their hands for cash the entire time :( The room was nicely decorated, and the beds were comfy, and it is very close to downtown Annapolis. That is about all I can say that was good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Libby1013
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This property is pristine with a wonderfully friendly staff and excellent location for walking around the city. The only problem is the noise; everything that's happening in the atrium below will resonate and permeate your room. Because it's a popular wedding destination, there seemed to be many a party happening and guests celebrating throughout the night over the weekend.

It is convenient and there is a free shuttle service that will take you around town and back to the hotel all day. As long as you don't sleep light, Lowe's is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aquasib

Thank you for the accolades...our team is terrific and genuinely want every guest to have a great experience while in Annapolis. I certainly regret that your experience was tainted by the noise from an event in our Atrium area. Whenever events are planned for this area, we make every effort to reserve atrium rooms for guests attending the event.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here a night after I had a small fire in my house and wanted to spoil my self.
I like the room very large and nice sheets and comforters and a big TV.
I never like the fact that I should be charged for Wireless internet I believe a hotel of this caliber should offer it for free.
The hotel in a little out of the way from the Annapolis downtown fun but well with in walking distance or cheap cab ride.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank afmale
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We took our doggie for a one night "getaway" last summer and found this hotel to be the perfect place for this endeavor. We are planning on going back this year as well.

Great location. Good rates. Nice room. Clean, well maintained. And as a pet owner, they didn't give us the "bad" rooms (i.e. broken furniture, doors that don't close, etc) as some other hotels have done because they're expecting our dog to trash the place. They obviously wanted us to have a great stay.

We couldn't believe how much all the staff members doted on our dog. It was his first time in a hotel, so obviously a bit nervous (and the elevator completely messed with his head). But they were all incredibly soft spoken and gentle and friendly with him. He was showered with treats. They even have doggie room service, which we HAD to take advantage of and which actually was a large enough portion that he had it for breakfast the next day too. The staff were also very nice and accommodating to us humans too. I'm allergic to down feathers/pillows, and they immediately brought extra non-down linens/pillows and removed the old.

The food for breakfast in the restaurant was also very good and a good price.

We can't wait to take our puppy back for another mini-getaway. The location is ideal - easy access to everything.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple