Historic Inns of Annapolis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Village Inn(Annapolis)
1,204 results
All reviewsgovernor calvert housetreaty of parisrobert johnsonvalet parkingstate circleglass floorthree propertiesnaval academywindow unitmain streetwithin walking distancevalet servicehistoric feelmodern conveniencescapitol buildingperfect locationcan't beat the location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Governor Calvert House, right next to the State Capitol building. The room was pretty, the bed excellent, bathroom was comfortable and breakfast in the room was delightful. Very quiet room conveniently located to old town Annapolis.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eflute
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We stayed at The Maryland Inn, one of the 3 inns under Historic Inns of Annapolis. You must check in at the Governer Calvert House and valet parking is $24. Once you know these 2 things, the rest is smooth sailing! Parking in Annapolis is near impossible and most garages are full so I recommend you just use the valet. The location of The Maryland Inn is absolutely perfect! We were more than impressed with the old feel of the building and the modern amenities in our room (top of the line bedding, flat screen TV). There is a restaurant and a Starbucks within the hotel also. We spent the day in town and walked a block from the hotel to The Sly Fox that evening! We met some locals and enjoyed a great acoustic duo, Pressing Strings, in the courtyard of the restaurant/bar. Our trip to Annapolis couldn't have been any better! Don't forget to go to Buddy's Crabs & Ribs in the morning for All U Can Eat Breakfast Buffet (located on Main St)...especially if you had a late night! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Annapolis! A++++++

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dangergirl1974
Reviewed July 26, 2009

If you are looking for luxury this is not the place for you. If, however, history and the feeling of living in it are your cup of tea I highly recommend the Historic Inns of Annapolis and more specifically the Maryland Inn. Since our son has been a Midshipman at the Naval Academy it is the only place we stay. It's right in the heart of the historic district, within walking distance of the football stadium and the Yard. In one word it's GREAT!!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank USNAMOMLouisiana
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The two most strikingly positive features of this hotel is its colonial design and appearance (which, being genuine, makes it a lot more pleasurable) and its location, because you have easy access, and by this I mean walking distance, to the Maryland State House, as well as the harbor area and the Naval Academy. Of course, Annapolis is not that big itself so everything is within minutes either on foot or by car. The hotel per se is average, as it does not offer anything different from the average hotel except the difference in appearance. It is well preserved, clean and the service is very hospitable and helpful. For the price, is a nice place to stay, but do not expect anything spectacular (other than being able to dine at the same place where George Washington used to hold parties at the Maryland Inn's basement restaurant). Hint: there is an excellent wine store down the street going in the direction of the harbor, walking distance to your right.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Although the location of the Inns is perfect, my room was not. The bathroom was TINY, there was a small hole in the ceiling near a vent, paint was peeling in spots, and the air conditioning, which cannot be controlled from the room, is very loud and woke me up when it came on at night. I found it very difficult to turn the water on in the tub/shower; when I told someone at the front desk that I didn't think I had water in my shower, he said that I must be in the Robert Johnson Inn; he had had several people mention the same issue. Instead of calling a maintenance man or plumber to make whatever adjustments were required, I was told to pull really hard on the tub spout. to get water. Ridiculous!! All in all, my room (in the Robert Johnson) was kind of depressing; in fact, the whole building is in serious need of upgrading.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business