“Great Location”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great Location”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I spent a great weekend @ the Maryland Inn. The location was great, we were able to walk to all the spots in Annapolis, the room was cozy and clean. If you want to stay right in Annapolis this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Dennis W:

Thank you for your feedback and for your great comments about how comfortable and clean our hotel was for you. We really do have a great location and am so glad it was so easy for you to walk everywhere.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Mike Radike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I had our first night away from our one year old on Valentines Day and we could not be more impressed with our experience. Anna was very accommodating at the front desk and went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect. The room was clean, spacious and extremely comfortable. You can not beat the downtown location as you can walk to everything Annapolis as to offer. I frequently have out of town clients come to Annapolis and this is my new go to hotel when they ask me where to stay. Great Job!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear josephtbray:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay! I was delighted to read that you were very pleased and that Anna was especially impressive and that you room was clean and comfortable.
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you and your clients in the future and will work to ensure those experiences are great too. Thanks again.
Stevensville, Maryland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband & I recently stayed at this hotel on Valentine's Day. I had read the many reviews and thought this was a good choice. The valets that parked our car were great and the staff at the hotel were very accommodating. We had no complaints whatsoever! Our room was very nice and comfortable and very quiet. We loved the historic feel of the hotel and the area was within walking distance of everything. We are from the area and chose the location because of what we were doing. We walked to a concert at the Rams Head on West Street and the next morning had a delicious breakfast at the famous Chick and Ruth's on Main Street. We will definitely be back. Thank you for a great stay.

Dear pduke:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you were so pleased with your stay and that you have a great stay! You have touched on several of the areas that really help us stand out; our great team, great location, and great facilities.
We very much appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had a fantastic stay at the Governor Calvert House which is part of the Historic Inns of Annapolis. I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in Europe and the US :) -- and this was an equivalent experience - if you take out the fact that they do not have room service. The Inn is very well maintained, the rooms quite lovely, and the location fantastic. But the highlight of the stay was the service - from the manager down to the lovely young women at the reception. I had organized a small conference and everyone was SUPER helpful and accommodating. I also stayed a separate weekend just with my little twins - and again everyone went out of their way to offer us suggestions for fun child friendly activities. I cannot wait to find another excuse to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank HotelLover77
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear HotelLover77:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay. I am so very pleased that we did a great job for you and that you found our service to be exceptional. I believe that our people make our hotel great and that they sincerely value the individual interaction they have with each of our guests.

We appreciate your patronage and I personally look forward to meeting you on your next visit back to Annapolis.

Easton, Maryland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Charming historic inn, reasonably priced. Our room was large and had several chairs and a small table that made it nice for entertaining some friends. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable, and there were lovely furnishings, although it did seem odd to have two identical pictures over the beds. Staff was friendly and exceptionally helpful. Nice "public areas" that were well appointed. Great location - walking distance of many shops and restaurants. However, the night we stayed we were going to a restaurant that was not within walking distance. We discovered, though, that the Inn had a shuttle service that took us to the restaurant and picked us up. This was not advertised but a wonderful service and very efficient. We will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane K
mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Jane K:

Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay at the Historic Inns. It was great to read that you found your room to be very clean, our location excellent, and our team members to be “friendly and exceptionally helpful.” I was so happy that things went so well for you and look forward to meeting you return.

We want to be your hotel of choice in Annapolis! Thank you.

Annapolis
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The inn is lovely, located a 10-minute walk at most from everything. Safe and beautiful neighborhood, right across from the state house. We were so happy with our sight-unseen choice. Service was impeccable from the front desk, housekeeping and valet service. BUT our room needs some attention: shower fixtures are loose, bathroom door squeaks like the front door of Dracula's castle, two identical pictures over each bed, one frame missing a large chunk of wood, and the mattresses should be changed--deep groove in the middle makes for an uncomfortable night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

mradike1, General Manager at Historic Inns of Annapolis, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Michele F:

Thank you for your feedback. While I was delighted to hear that you were very pleased with the service I am sorry that you found several maintenance issues in your room that we should have caught well before you arrived. We will address these. I have to confess I have not ever had a squeaky door described as the front door to “Dracula’s Castle” so we definitely will take care of that!

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.

Washington, DC
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a small hotel but very historic -- the ancient foundation can be viewed through a glass floor in the coffee room. It also has a small staff and so valet parking and check in/check out can be on the slow side. You have to walk into town to eat or drink -- no services on site.

They gave me a nice corner room in the main building which was apparently roomier than some others' experience. Overall a very good hotel.

Room Tip: My corner room in the main building was very nice.