“Comfy Stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I used my points to stay here for Valentines Day....checking in was a breeze and had a nice area to check in at. Annapolis towne center has grown and you can walk to ton of places.

The big negative to me was being a platinum member and having over 300k points and I got a room by where they were doing construction at. To me that's a bit crazy and I booked my hotel over a month ago. I feel that I should have gotten a better room.

The bed was comfy but the bathroom was very small. The shower head didn't have much pressure which was frustrating as well.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this very clean and friendly hotel. The beds were very comfy, and having a mini frig in the room was awesome! The hotel is in the process of upgrading, but that did not interfere with our stay. The staff: Mariah, Jai, Chrissy, and Gus were fantastic to deal with. I had several requests during this stay, and each and every one was granted with no headaches! The staff is very friendly and greeted us each and every time we entered and exited. They gave us great advice on where to eat and where to sightsee. The breakfast served every morning is not your standard Continental which was a pleasant surprise. Coffee is served 24 hours in the lobby! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This trip was the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel and both times were good. This first time we had a regular room and it was a little tight but let's get real - we aren't vacationing to the hotel room, we are there for MNF Redskins game. The room is to sleep in - it served its purpose. The beds were comfortable, nice people, continental breakfast too. This last time on 11/25/13 we were able to have an upgraded room which definitely had more space. King bed, couch, larger bathroom. Also there is a new complex mall right next to it. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Not the best hotel I have stayed at. This hotel has a lot of work to live up to the Holiday Inn name. Bathrooms are small and cramped. Sink is literally right next to the tub, blocking access to the front of the tub/shower. Door to the bathroom couldn't be opened all of the way because of the sink! Walls are super-thin! I could hear the person next door snoring all night, I barely slept.

Access to the hotel is tough because of the way the intersection is configured. It was a high traffic area and not very walking-friendly. I was not given the room I actually reserved (reserve two queen beds and ended up in a room with one king bed). Same thing happened with my traveling companions. The hotel was in the process of updating their rooms, so there were many contractors working in the rooms around mine. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I ever stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Suanne G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed for a nite to be near the Half marathon. Room was fine. But we did not sleep too well. It is far from historic downtown and not too good for walking anywhere. Next time I will check the racing site for info on where to stay. I would stay again under the right conditions. Annapolis is fun, who knew.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear StacyW4,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Unpleasant room--overly full of furniture, low ceiling, stuffy and cramped. Room was on main floor, adjacent to vending and housekeeping and its laundry room--noisey and unpleasant to walk by steamy industrial laundry room. Voices carried from the hallway throughout most of the night. The only thing I could figure was that guests with discounts were placed in the worst part of the Inn because it clearly wasn't full. The complementary breakfast was completely closed down 15 minutes before the posted end time--no breakfast for us! Made a wrong turn on the way into the Inn and ended up driving past the back of the building--where there was a garbage pile with a discarded mattress and other odds and ends. I've had good experiences in the past with Holiday Inn Express and the reviews for this one commented on how well-run the place is--but that was not my experience.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Cedarlea,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to have the honor of serving you in the future.

Adrian D

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a great weekend get away. Travelled down from Massachusetts for a Wedding in Annapolis. Perfect place to stay. Conveniently located. Great accomidations and staff.

Particularly liked the free breakfast. Not sure how woman kept up with all of us at breakfast, but amazingly she did, keeping everything well stocked, and everyone happy

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends