We had several things happen during our stay that made it less than ideal, some within the hotel's control and others not. But with each incidence, the hotel staff very promptly acknowledged and tried their best to make it right. So here is what happened during our stay:
Incidents 1 & 2:
We called on our way to see if a double room had opened up and it had, which kept us from having to get a rollaway. Great! However, after check-in, we stumbled into our room after an 8 hour drive at midnight to find it smelling of deodorizer spray in an attempt to cover up smoke (in a non-smoking room). As I was contemplating whether or not this was a battle worth fighting, I started to put my bags down but saw a roach scurry across one of the beds! Not under the bed or around it, but on the bright white linens! I screamed loud enough that I probably woke up the occupants nearby. We immediately left the room and the manager on duty profusely apologized and put us in a King suite with a pullout sofa. We arrived to a bug-free room that smelled and looked very clean, until we pulled out the sofa bed. It was a very stained mattress and the only thing in the closet was a blanket and pillow. I went downstairs to get some linens, as there was no way my daughter was sleeping on that. The manager apologized again and gave me some clean sheets. Unfortunately, my daughter was paranoid of bugs for the rest of the visit. :(
After using the in-room safe several times without problems, it suddenly refused to open and gave me an error code. My wallet, checkbook, and my daughter's medicine was inside. I called the manager and she immediately came up and worked on it. It worked for a few trials but then when we were ready to leave and tried to lock it, it stopped working again. I let the manager know again on our way out, but basically couldn't risk using it again during the visit.
We returned home that night and as soon as we got off the elevators, we could smell smoke (which turned out to be marijuana). We were next door to the offenders. I talked to housekeeping and security the next morning and learned they were already aware and had tried to get into the room unsuccessfully. Basically the hallway near our room smelled of pot the rest of the stay.
All that being said, the housekeeping staff did a very good job cleaning our room, the managers were very responsive each time we had a problem, the (complimentary) breakfast was very good each morning, and the lobby was very nice with a beautiful aquarium. Without the responsiveness of the staff, I would have given them 2 or 3 stars. But the friendliness and attitude of the staff helped me forget the issues we had. Also, the bed was very comfortable and I got a good night's sleep each of the three nights we stayed. As a bonus, the hotel is located near some fabulous restaurants like The Melting Pot and PF Chang's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a comfortable stay at our Annapolis Maryland Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites accommodations near the US Naval Academy. Our Annapolis hotel is conveniently located 4 miles from the Academy and Historic Downtown. Your family will enjoy our hotel in Annapolis Maryland adjacent to The Annapolis Towne Centre with some of your favorites such as Whole Foods, PF Chang, 24 Hour Fitness and more. Just off Highway 50 we offer easy access to Baltimore, Washington DC and we are just 26 miles from Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI). A short drive away from the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, our Annapolis hotel keeps you near a variety of activities, from visiting Sandy Point State Park to sailing along the bay and eating fresh seafood for dinner. Business travelers visiting our Annapolis accommodations will not be disappointed; our hotel provides easy access to the more than 6,000 businesses and corporations of downtown Annapolis. Our accommodations also offer free high-speed Internet access and a 24-hour business center to meet your needs while traveling. While you visit Annapolis, our hotel will treat you to a complimentary hot breakfast and cozy triple-sheeted beds. You can unwind with a trip to the 24-hour fitness center, or upgrade to a room with a whirlpool tub. Plan your trip to come join us at our Annapolis hotel with great hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Annapolis
- Holiday Inn Annapolis
- Holiday Inn Express Annapolis
- Annapolis Holiday Inn