“Clean and comfortable, nice staff, but not a terrific location, & breakfast was just about worthless” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Annapolis

Motel 6 Annapolis
Motel 6 Annapolis
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, thinking from looking at the site that we would be closer to Annapolis's tourist (enjoyable) area -- but it took fifteen minutes to get there. They were kind enough to let us check in before noon, which we appreciated.
The hotel was right next to 50 , though the room was acceptably quiet; perfectly clean, and comfortable beds. But the location was truly dismal, it was an old commercial access road paralleling Route 50, with nothing at all to walk to in the immediate area; and the breakfast really was a disappointment. The breakfast room was tiny -- it's not a small hotel, and the room seemed way too small to handle the guests, we were all pushing around each other to get to the buffet. The coffee was very very weak, the pastries (very few of them left by the time we got there) were pretty sad looking, the waffles were not good, altogether it wasn't nearlyo up to the usual modest standards of a Quality Inn included breakfast, which we find quite acceptable -- we sipped a bit of coffee, gave up on it, and got in the car ( no choice) and went out for breakfast. Since it was $50 more than the previous night at a La Quinta in Jessup with a much better breakfast, we weren't very happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I needed a place to stay close to Annapolis for just one night, and this worked just fine. It's not pristine, but my room was clean and quiet and I felt very safe.The people who worked there were friendly and the free breakfast was as expected from Quality Inns.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This place needs to be rennovated. It looked dirty and smelled really bad also . I felt my allergies flare up and I was only in there for 10 mins. Windows don't open , so that explains why it smells so bad. Sheets did not even look clean and they have the nerve to charge $100 a night . I didn't stay and asked for a refund

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Simi Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This motel has seen better days. Everything smelled like old smokers, even though it's non-smoking now, the carpeting was torn, the brick walls are paper thin. All of this is fine if it was $59/nt, but it was $120.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gordon, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I spent one night in this dump. ciggie burns on the blanket and tub, dirty and outdated. i was in room 175- clerk told me to use the "rear" entrance. this area was dark and isolated-women traveling alone be very careful! i woke up at 2am to a man coughing outside my door and then when i left in the morning, there was vomit outside my door!!! its probably still there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sally K
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Reading all of the reviews I thought this place was going to be a real dump. My Aunt had booked 16 rooms at this place before I could read the reviews. The rest of Annapolis was booked solid because of Midshipmen move in day. She could not get her money back so we had to stay here.

I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, the AC worked. I checked for bed bugs like I do at ANY Hotel, I found none. The Mattresses were clean and looked new. The Sheets were clean with no stains the same for the towels in the bathroom. Since we had family staying in 16 rooms I was able to go into more than one and those rooms were clean also. The staff were friendly and were able to accommodate all of us. There had to be about 40 of us. The only thing I agree with in the reviews was the stale smell in some of the rooms. My room had that musty smell if I turned off the air conditioner, my daughter's room did not have the musty smell she was on the second floor. I was on the first. None of my family complained about their rooms everyone was happy were were able to go to our events and come back and relax in our rooms. I would stay here again in a heart beat. It's not a 5 star hotel but for the price I have no complaints. There are two fast food restaurants right down the road and quick access to the places we had to be.

Room Tip: I stayed towards the front end of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MommyyLanie
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Card doesn't get you in the door, everything is rusted, horrid smell of smoke and funk, sink leaked, cigarette burns on bedding and shower, dirt and grime everywhere! Appathetic management when asked to change room. They also made my husband windex the filthy window instead of doing their jobs. I usually only write positive reviews, however no one should stay there! Steer clear! Everything should've had a Mister Yuck sticker on it.
Great on the phone, but awful once you're there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple