New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Simi Valley, California
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This motel has seen better days. Everything smelled like old smokers, even though it's non-smoking now, the carpeting was torn, the brick walls are paper thin. All of this is fine if it was $59/nt, but it was $120.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gordon, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I spent one night in this dump. ciggie burns on the blanket and tub, dirty and outdated. i was in room 175- clerk told me to use the "rear" entrance. this area was dark and isolated-women traveling alone be very careful! i woke up at 2am to a man coughing outside my door and then when i left in the morning, there was vomit outside my door!!! its probably still there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sally K

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Reading all of the reviews I thought this place was going to be a real dump. My Aunt had booked 16 rooms at this place before I could read the reviews. The rest of Annapolis was booked solid because of Midshipmen move in day. She could not get her money back so we had to stay here.

I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, the AC worked. I checked for bed bugs like I do at ANY Hotel, I found none. The Mattresses were clean and looked new. The Sheets were clean with no stains the same for the towels in the bathroom. Since we had family staying in 16 rooms I was able to go into more than one and those rooms were clean also. The staff were friendly and were able to accommodate all of us. There had to be about 40 of us. The only thing I agree with in the reviews was the stale smell in some of the rooms. My room had that musty smell if I turned off the air conditioner, my daughter's room did not have the musty smell she was on the second floor. I was on the first. None of my family complained about their rooms everyone was happy were were able to go to our events and come back and relax in our rooms. I would stay here again in a heart beat. It's not a 5 star hotel but for the price I have no complaints. There are two fast food restaurants right down the road and quick access to the places we had to be.

Room Tip: I stayed towards the front end of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MommyyLanie
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Card doesn't get you in the door, everything is rusted, horrid smell of smoke and funk, sink leaked, cigarette burns on bedding and shower, dirt and grime everywhere! Appathetic management when asked to change room. They also made my husband windex the filthy window instead of doing their jobs. I usually only write positive reviews, however no one should stay there! Steer clear! Everything should've had a Mister Yuck sticker on it.
Great on the phone, but awful once you're there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara F
Lincoln Park, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My employees experienced poor service at check in and their rooms were dirty. No bed bugs, but the fridge did not work and the AC / Heat was very loud.

I have crossed this hotel off of the list of acceptable places to send them when they are working in the area.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tampa FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

Even if they paid me to stay there I wouldn't. I would rather sleep in my car. We were driving around the mideastern states and stayed one night in this Quality Inn Annapolis. It was so filthy that I spent a lot of time trying to wipe every surface with antibacterial wipes, but there weren't enough wipes in the world to clean that dump. The worst part of it was that I woke up covered with bed bug bites. So disgusting! I can't believe that Choice Hotels would let their name to be associated with this place. We have stayed in Choice Hotels frequently and did so on this trip. This was the worst one, but there were others that were not acceptable either. I don't know what is happening with Choice Hotels, but it is very disappointing that we can't trust them anymore.
I do not expect the Taj Mahal when I am traveling. I only ask one thing--that it is clean! I don't think that is too much to ask.

Room Tip: Read these reviews! If I had read about this motel, we would never have gone there.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TampaTraveler42
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

There is the intense odor of aerosol (Lysol) immediately upon entry. It was there at 11am & again at 6 pm. It smelled like a gas chamber in the lobby. I walked in & literally walked out seconds later out bc the intense Lysol odor was making my wife ill. We left immediately & checked into another hotel miles away. I would never go there again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple