“Skeevy at best.”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Annapolis, Maryland
“Skeevy at best.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Card doesn't get you in the door, everything is rusted, horrid smell of smoke and funk, sink leaked, cigarette burns on bedding and shower, dirt and grime everywhere! Appathetic management when asked to change room. They also made my husband windex the filthy window instead of doing their jobs. I usually only write positive reviews, however no one should stay there! Steer clear! Everything should've had a Mister Yuck sticker on it.
Great on the phone, but awful once you're there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lincoln Park, NJ
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My employees experienced poor service at check in and their rooms were dirty. No bed bugs, but the fridge did not work and the AC / Heat was very loud.

I have crossed this hotel off of the list of acceptable places to send them when they are working in the area.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Tampa FL
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Even if they paid me to stay there I wouldn't. I would rather sleep in my car. We were driving around the mideastern states and stayed one night in this Quality Inn Annapolis. It was so filthy that I spent a lot of time trying to wipe every surface with antibacterial wipes, but there weren't enough wipes in the world to clean that dump. The worst part of it was that I woke up covered with bed bug bites. So disgusting! I can't believe that Choice Hotels would let their name to be associated with this place. We have stayed in Choice Hotels frequently and did so on this trip. This was the worst one, but there were others that were not acceptable either. I don't know what is happening with Choice Hotels, but it is very disappointing that we can't trust them anymore.
I do not expect the Taj Mahal when I am traveling. I only ask one thing--that it is clean! I don't think that is too much to ask.

Room Tip: Read these reviews! If I had read about this motel, we would never have gone there.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TampaTraveler42
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2011

There is the intense odor of aerosol (Lysol) immediately upon entry. It was there at 11am & again at 6 pm. It smelled like a gas chamber in the lobby. I walked in & literally walked out seconds later out bc the intense Lysol odor was making my wife ill. We left immediately & checked into another hotel miles away. I would never go there again.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2011

A two storey hotel with inside corridors, situated on the frontage road off US Route 50 about 8 miles east of the junction for Annapolis historic centre. Room 127 had king-size bed, air-con, TV, fridge, iron, coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate, in a tiny room by Reception, and consisted of choice of 2 juices, 2 cereals + oatmeal, waffles, bread and pastries. Indian manager was very obliging with Google directions for onwards travel to Baltimore B&O Railroad Museum.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest away from Reception (and the main highway) are likely to be quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel is fine if you are looking for a basic and inexpensive place to stay. It was very clean but not fancy. The front desk staff is great, every person we spoke to during our 3 day stay was very helpful and gave us all the information we needed about how to get around, and gave us maps and directions. There is free coffee/tea and bagels/muffins in the morning near the front desk. Its right off the highway so its easy to find and to get to other places from there. There is a small shopping center next door, but everything around the hotel closes early as you are not right in central Annapolis where the tourist sights are, but everything is easy to drive to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I had rented a very nice room with a kind bed and I was very pleased with it until upon returning from going out, I spelled eletrical burning. It turns out that the air conditioner was burning up. Which happens sometimes, so I was understanding. The front desk switched me to a HORRIBLE room. No iron, fridge, blood stain on the sheets, wallpaper completely peeling and all wrinkled. I was worried that no one had been in there or cleaned it in a loong time. Instead of trying to look for another room to switch me into or telling the next person who comes on that we would like to switch back to a nicer room, she didn't say anything. So the next day I had a back and forth with the new front desk person about getting us another room. They seemed aggravated by it, and didn't offer a discount for the night in the terrible room!
I understand that not everything runs perfectly, but some follow up and consideration from the front desk would have been greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple