“Check the bathrooms for parts”
Review of Motel 6 Annapolis

Motel 6 Annapolis
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Manasquan
“Check the bathrooms for parts”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The price was a little steep at $80 and change for 2 persons for one night. While the woman (Joanne) at the front desk checking us in was extremely polite, courteous and personable, the room was not worth the price. There were stains on the carpet in the room and we could not take a shower in the morning as the shower on/off knob was missing!! Which leads me to believe the maids do not wash out the tubs! We were given a key to the adjoining room to shower in but should not have been inconvenienced like this.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ginny110411

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arnold, Maryland
Reviewed January 29, 2011

My wife and I live locally and have a small dog. Due to an extended power outage, we needed to find a hotel that would accept pets. This hotel does (a plus), but requires that you can only stay in a smoking room (a minus) and charges a $50 deposit. A dog could not make one of these rooms smell any worse. My coat not only continues to smell, but my car also continues to smell like that awful hotel room. Service was similarly poor. Requested extra towels were not provided and checking out after 3pm (due to a late in the day power recovery) resulted in being charged for an extra night. I won't ever go back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed November 12, 2010

With two children, it is difficult to find reasonable lodging. The room was way over priced for the disgusting smell throughout the hallway and rooms, the bathroom had pubic hairs in the shower (upon our arrival) and other hairs all over the floor. Dust was an inch think on the headboards. But what got me to just take my family and leave without one night of sleep was the bodily fluid stain on the bedskirt. GROSS doesn't cover what we felt in this room. There are no amendities, forget an elevator for 2nd floor access so suitcases must be lugged up the flights of stairs...but don't grab on to the railing, it's wobbling loose! The wet dog smell permeates everywhere too.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Seriously, if they just tried even a little bit this would be a fine, budget hotel. I guess they get enough off-the-street business that they don't worry about reviews or returning customers.

First off, ALL the common areas in the interior of the hotel are dingy, dated, and dirty looking.

My room had stains on the carpet, hair in the shower (ewww), and a popcorn ceiling that's peeling off.

The free internet would be helfpul if it didn't completely freeze your connection every 15 minutes to "authenticate" your session, thereby losing all the work on whatever you were doing.

The TV in the room didn't even get NBC. How do you not get NBC?? Seriously?

My company paid for the room (I'm a business traveler), but if I were an individual I'd be pretty pissed to pay the $90/night charge for this place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Marlton, NJ
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed at the Quality Inn on WhiteHall Rd for a night during the powerboat show recently. The staff was very accomodating, giving us directions and tips to get to a very, very good local seafood restaurant. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast included a waffle station, and fresh fruit as well as the usual bagels, danish, cold cereal and instant oatmeal for a nice change of pace. The location was just okay, it is situated right on the highway but it is just a 10 minute trip into town. On the upside too, it'is located just 5 minutes from Cantler's which has the best seafood I've had in a long, long time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Hotel was central to our plans and was pet friendly so it suited us fine. We checked in an hour early ...only rooms that are pet friendly are smoking rooms but it didn't smell like smoke in the rooms. The cleaning products they use do really linger and some of my clothes absorbed the smell - so that wasn't great. Also one guest in the hotel was diturbing multiple times (she would bang on neighbor's door at 3/4/5am demanding to get "something" from room) but once I was in room - I didn't hear a thing. It's not a great hotel in any way - but it wasn't filthy or awful. It was okay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
CT
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I showed up to this hotel a little early and not only would they not accomodate me, but they also refuse to let me use their bathroom so that I could change while I waited after a long trip to that area. I found that to be dispicable by a hotel. The hotel itself is just a done over motel in a not so great area. It didn't look very clean at all. I got absolutely no service from the front desk so save your time and money and find another place that at least will treat you like a paying customer. If you don't care about service, cleanliness or location, then this place is for you.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo