“VERY NICE, CLEAN HOTEL WITH FRIENDLY STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Virginia
“VERY NICE, CLEAN HOTEL WITH FRIENDLY STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Courtyard in Annapolis using my e-certificate from Marriott Rewards. As this is our first time to stay in Courtyard (we've always stayed either at the Marriott or Residence Inn), we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was clean, quiet, and the location was just a few miles from downtown Annapolis. The staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome (like VIPs). The front desk staff, Kyra, was especially very helpful in recommending places to eat in historic Annapolis and what places to visit. The staff was also responsive to our requests for early check-in and extra towels. They even came around our table while we were having breakfast to make sure everything was in order. They have a nice little courtyard and an indoor pool which had a lifeguard. This is important especially for families with teenagers or young adults who like to swim -- you feel safe leaving them alone in the pool knowing there is a lifeguard around. The beds were very comfortable, the TV was nice and the pods in the lobby that had it's own TV and remote control were a nice touch. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will come back to stay in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are quiet, we requested and got a room at the higher floor and although it was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VirginiaWillow
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had an overnighter here while on a business trip onto Washington D.C. Absolutely great stay, clean, quiet, lots of places to eat and or shop. We actually ate at Yellowfin seafood and that was pretty good as well.
I would stay here again. Now when our next stop was Marriott Navy yard in Washington D.C -- IT SUCKED!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J I

Westampton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at the Courtyard this past weekend. We must say one of the best parts of the hotel was Kyra at the front desk. Kyra was friendly, enthusiastic, and new Annapolis (great for advice for travelers) She told us to go to Miss Shirley's for Sunday Brunch...FANTASTIC! get there early, . Our room was clean, had an outside room (parking lot view), but we were not there to lounge in the room. Bed is comfy, and the rooms are comfortable, and clean. The lobby is inviting, along with a food/drink bar. The location is a 10 minute drive to the waterfront, not bad, and close to Towncenter. Pleanty to do.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank ConnieandAnthony

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have never been so upset with a hotel. I received a call from Courtyard Marriott this evening. I was told they have to cancel our reservation due to a delay in construction. I booked this property months ago. Could have booked at other hotels, but chose them because of great reviews and price. My husband's 20th USNA reunion is next week and we don't have a room in Annapolis. Plane tickets and tickets to reunion festivities have been bought and now...no hotel. Sure they offered to transfer my reservation to a hotel 20 miles away. Really? I'm supposed to just say thank you? Gee thanks. If only you had called me a few weeks ago, I could have rebooked at another local hotel. Now...there's nothing available! Thanks a lot for nothing. I will never book a room at any Courtyard Marriott! I'm so disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank travelgirl850

Please accept my sincerest apology concerning the relocation of your reservation during a very busy time. Due to delays in our rooms renovation, we did not receive rooms back in time for your arrival. The hotel tried to be as proactive as possible by contacting all affected guest 7 days in advance. Due to the inconvience, we offered a complimnetary shuttle to and from Downtown Annapolis for all relocated guest, and a deeper discounted room rate at the alternative hotel.

I am deeply sorry that we have dissapointed you and hope that you will afford us another oppurtuity to serve you in the near future.

If you should wish to discuss further please feel free to contact myself (410) 266-1555 Ext. 624

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Marriott Annapolis is strategically located next to the US Naval Academy, waterfront and downtown shopping areas. It is a bit pricy, but the convenience is worth it. They have a great deck side open air bar and dinning area, as well as indoor seating. The Hotel staff are very friendly, professional and helpful, which only adds to a great experience. The property is maintained very well and is very clean, especially the rooms. We are looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water offer an exceptional view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HenryGJr

Saint Mary's City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel is only 3 miles from downtown annapolis. Got a single room here for $130 when the Westin with the wedding rate was over $100 more. Very close to shops and food as well. The bed was very comfortable and seemed like the room had been updated recently. Staff was very helpful with other guests asking about things to do and see. Breakfast was available for purchase. Access to major highways was also a plus as it was right off of Route50 and Aris T Allen Blvd.

1 Thank AJSOHN

PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very nice Courtyard. Room was large and very clean. Beds were comfortable and rooms very quiet. Easy to get to downtown Annapolis from this location. Would definitely stay here again if in the area! Only complaint I have is I wish Marriott would have a complimentary breakfast at Courtyard! Can't figure out why most of their other brands have it but Courtyard does not!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kklammers
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor!