“Great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Burlington, Nj
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here for a night this past week. Great place....rooms and lobby very modern and clean (newly renovated)! The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful....gave us great ideas of places to see downtown and also some good restaurants and ice cream shops. Only a few minute drive to downtown. Loved the little Bistro for breakfast...although price not included in our package it was worth it since room price was very affordable. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We asked to stay in the inside of the courtyard overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. My staff and I look forward to serving you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Used points on my 3 night stay here, but the hotel is clean with courteous staff. Good location for many points we were visiting on vaca. Being a business traveler the bulk of the year, I come to appreciate clean, well run properties

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Dnic1963
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience at the Courtyard, Annapolis on Tripadvisor.

I hope to be able to serve you in the future,

Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staff were very helpful & pleasant! We liked our room very much! Clean, comfortable, roomy! Nice small pool, hot tub broken at the moment and no breakfast included in the low rate of $103. The hotel is close to major shopping areas and a close drive to downtown Annapolis. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a courtyard room for a nicer view! Can drive downtown for breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WANDERLUSTinME
Thank you for your feedback. My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor. Please accept my sincerest apology concerning the spa. Our spa jets were in operable during your visit with us. The jets are now up and running.

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am struggling with this review, because there were a lot of positives to it. The people who work here from the front desk to the Cafe are really nice and personable. My room was very clean and well kept up. However, I was in the older part of the hotel and facing the parking lot. It had a balcony about 2 feet deep and it was dirty with a cigarette butt on it. No chairs out there as they would not fit. Room had a fridge which is a plus and you can but water, soda and snacks in the lobby.
When I say two personalities, there is nicer part of the hotel that had views of the courtyard and pool. The balconies had chairs and a table. I wish my room had been there. The hotel told me to ask for one of those rooms for my next visit.
Although the Cafe can get the job done for a quick dinner if you don't want to drive, there is nothing in the area that you can walk to. Again, not a real negative, just wanted to include it in my review if you don't have a rental car.
It was blistering hot when I was there so I did not even go out to the courtyard but it had a very nice seating area and pool.
I will definitely stay here again when I am traveling on business and ask for a room that faces the courtyard.
My last comment is that there is not a hotel shuttle. I took a cab from BWI and it was a horrible experience. Make sure you pull up your GPS to ensure the cab driver is not taking you the long way. Mine was very deceptive, he barely spoke English and was very argumentative when I spoke up as I realized what he was doing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 143143
Good Afternoon,

My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I hope that you will afford us the oppurtunity to serve you in the near future.

South Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Marriott chain is usually our first choice, so I was a bit concerned about the previous posts about this hotel which generally stated that this property was aging and not up-to-date. But we decided to stay here based on the manager's comments to the posts indicated that the hotel had been recently refreshed/renovated. It certainly has been.

Because I post regularly on TripAdvisor, I went in with a discerning eye. Our room was spotless. Newly-painted, bedding was in perfect condition and carpets were clean. Aleah greeted us at the front desk and was so friendly and helpful. We requested a quiet room and she assured us that if we found the location too noisy to please give her a call and she'd find a quieter location. We never heard any sounds except for an inconsiderate guest who slammed their door at 7 am. I normally sleep with earplugs because of either outside noise or loud A/C, but I didn't need the earplugs this trip. Our room was on the first floor in the back of the building and it was a perfect location. No outside noise and the A/C was a steady hum. The king-sized bed, pillows and bedding were unbelievably comfortable. I woke up and told my husband that it was the best night of sleep I ever remember having at a hotel.

The pool was the perfect temperature for a very, very hot day. It was cool yet not cold. There were no towels when we first got there, but by the time we got out of the pool, a large bag of clean towels had arrived.

We chose not to eat breakfast at the hotel, but instead found a wonderful breakfast shop, Eggcellence, a short drive away. There are a lot of shopping centers in the area, so there are a lot of restaurants. The location is fantastic if you don't want to stay in the downtown, touristy area of Annapolis - and with that traffic there, I wouldn't want to. The hotel is convenient to the highway and right next to the great shopping area, Annapolis Towne Centre.

Overall, a comfortable stay. Clean, modern and updated hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mom2Boys
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
My staff and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience on Tripadvisor.
I cannot wait to share your kind words with the staff & celebrate a job well done!

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard for one night in June 2013 and thought it was pleasant and clean. It is a 10 minute car ride from Downtown Annapolis and not far from Mike's Crabhouse (which we could not get in to on a Saturday night). The staff is pleasant, bathroom clean, bed comfortable, and the room even has a sleep sofa in it. Best of all, the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sgkroth
Thank you for your comments.

We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I cannot wait to share your kind words with the staff! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights (June 16-18) and want to extend our thanks to Allante (I;m sure the spelling is incorrect, sorry). Upon check-in I had asked for queen beds because my grandsons were with us. Not only did she honor my request, she was insightful enough to give us a room on the first floor, a few doors down from the pool. The pool was very clean, no chlorine smell, and a lifeguard on duty. Our room faced the courtyard which was great . Getting up in the morning or in the evening the "boys" were able to enjoy the outdoor space. There were a few tables in front of the pool area and a very nice sitting area where you can relax. The entire area was landscaped beautifully. Our room was very clean - and towels were not thin?? - (thanks housekeeping) and updated. We also had a small frig and coffee maker. The beds were very, very comfortable. I thought the lobby area was neat - tables and chairs and a small bar area facing the courtyard. A good common area. The small food court served Starbucks, sandwiches, salads and desserts. They also had beer and wine. We didn't eat here so I can't comment but I did like the set up. There are a couple of restaurants close by if you go behind the Courtyard. (Vietnamese, Crab and a hamburger place) The mall is close by as well with many restaurants. It's convenient to downtown, also. We stayed in a few other places in the area and I would definitely return here. If you have the pleasure of staying on the courtyard side, it's kinda like being away from the city :). As mentioned, everyone was helpful and pleasant. Thank you all for making our stay pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kenko
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experirence on Tripadvisor.

We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor!
I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I had a chance to share your kind words with Allante & the staff! She was truly appreciative of your kind words. We took a moment to celebrate and reward her this week for a job well done.