“Quick and Efficient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Wilton, Connecticut
“Quick and Efficient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed two nights at this Courtyard for business and had a meeting in their conference room space. Overall, the hotel was updated and efficient. The check in process was quick professional. The cafe and Starbucks was very clean and had a good selection of items.

Upon check-in I was upgraded to a junior suite (I'm a elite member). The room was large and had a mini-frig and microwave.

The meeting room was a nice size. What I missed was coffee and candy. In an 8 hour meeting it's nice to have the choice to get some from a coffee carafe during the session. From what I hear, Marriott has removed this as a choice to increase customers use of the Starbucks at the Cafe. Additionally, hotels typically provide a mix of hard candy. The non-name single type I found lacking.

Overall, I found it a good choice for my needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor. Rooms on the 1st floor have direct access from the deck...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 3mantic
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

I cannot wait to share your kind words with the staff!

Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while my daughter was attending a camp at the Naval Academy. This is by far the worse Marriott property. It's old and dated--not well kept. The room was not very clean. Corners of floors and bathroom were grimey. The towels were literally see through--yup I checked--See through! So thread bare they wouldn't even rate as rags at my home. The plus side was everyone was very nice--however I'll stick to another property while in the area. I've stayed at the Doubletree and the SpringHill Suites in the last 3 mos...both were much nicer properties. Very disappointing for a Marriott property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review on June 27, 2013.

I deeply regret the experience you had at my property and I offer my sincere apology.
After receiving your review, I have taken action to investigate the linen. Any linen that we found with issues will be replaced. In addition, we have completed our rooms renovation as of June to update the hotel. I hope that you accept my apology.

Please contact myself directly If I can be of more assistnace.

You can reach me at cy.bwian.gm@marriott.com

Sincerly,
Royersford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed only 1 night. The front desk was very quick and efficient. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms, as usual, were very clean. Will always try and stay at a Marriott! Thank you for a pleasant
night stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ny2pa
Shenae M, General Manager at Courtyard Annapolis, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate my hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Annapolis and choose to stay with Courtyard by Marriott, Annapolis.

I hope that you will allow us to serve you in the future

Shenae Moulden
Manhasset, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Although the closet in front of the sink is really aggravating when you are brushing your teeth and your husband wants to get some of his hanging clothes - there isn't enough room! The location is good - near a nice shopping area. There's a good diner nearby for breakfast. Only a 10 minute drive from Annapolis Main Street and the USNA.
No complimentary breakfast at this one but they have a nice place to get made to order breakfast with TVs, etc. The fitness room was good. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They can make restaurant reservations for you and get you a really nice table at the Chart House near the water. Very clean.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor at the end of the hall - very quiet. Third floor may have even been bet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nanums

Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed two nights in April 2013. This is more the quality of a 2 star hotel. The price was $135.00 per night with tax and sure wasn't worth it. Older building in need of a remodel. Certainly not what you would expect of a Marriott. The location is good for downtown Annapolis. I would look around at the competition for a newer, nicer place for the same price. They have a cafeteria style breakfast restaurant which I felt was over priced. They do sell Starbucks coffee which was nice. Restaurant service just so-so. They give you a number and then call it out and bring the food to you when ready. The room was clean but again, needs updating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank marci477
Good Afternoon,

My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We will be under a rooms renovation from 4/10/13-6/21/13.

Shenae Moulden
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were part of a tour to Annapolis for a visit to the Naval Academy. After a long drive we arrived at the Courtyard By Marriott and received a very friendly from the front desk. All our rooms were ready and we only had s short wait for our keys. Our room was excellent,roomy and clean. The bathroom was small but there was only two of us. They have a very nice pool and hot tub area,unfortunately we did not have the time to enjoy them. The grounds were beautifully maintained. The front desk staff was great as we checked out. Hope to visit Annapolis in the future and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments.

We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I cannot wait to share your kind words. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Washington D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is your basic hotel as far as hotels go. They do have an indoor pool which is nice but we did not use it. In room wi-fi is always nice ( and who will stay at a hotel that doesn't have it these days ? )
We had no problem using our Ipad and smartphones connected to the hotel wi-fi.
One annoying thing here. They have "in room coffee" but only provide one regular and one decaff. We both wated regular ! Well they also eliminated the complimentary coffee in the lobby forcing you to spend $8 to get coffee at their "Bistro ". Food at the bistro is good but overpriced. There are lots of better places to stay in Annapolis but they were all booked up the weekend of March 8,2013.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard so you get a patio to relax on. Otherwise you get a room facing...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your response!

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectation duirng your visit with us. We have recently finished renovating the hotel. We now offer a more updated modern room with many upgrades such as new mattresses, bedding, and complimentary wifi.

During your next visit to Annapolis, I would love to invite you back to the hotel for another visit on me.