“Stopped By for a Quick Drink”
Review of Davis Pub

Davis Pub
Ranked #21 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The bartender (I think) his name was Kevin was really nice and worked the entire bar very well. Had a nice time and the place was Packed!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great food and atmosphere. Small town pub visited by t.v. show Diners. Highly recommended. Excellent chef. Friendly staff and patrons.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Came across this pub by accident as we were looking for a parking place to go to another restaurant. Came back the next day for lunch because of the crowd we saw the previous evening. Also, we prefer more "local flavor". Luckily we were able to sit as soon as we arrived at one of the tables across from the bar. It was obvious that the people sitting at the bar were locals and were regulars. They knew each other and the bar tenders knew them all by name. Good start. Was hoping for "local seafood" on the menu, other than crabcakes which we had for the dinner the previous evening. None of teh daily specials were "local" or were seafood. Ordered a fish sandwich. What I got was a "van de Kamp" square piece of tasteless frozen fish...heavily breaded and deep fried. No restaurant in Pittsburgh would serve something so embarrassing. I also had a choice of fries, chips or upgarde to onion rings as a side. My mistake...I thought it meant homemade potato chips...not potato chips from a bag. My wife got the upgrade to onion rings with her sandwich for $1.00. There might have been a half dozen rings....OK, but nothing great. Her sand wich was OK.

Fun place...like hanging out where local hang-out. Would probably give it another try some time in the future. But disappointed in my first try.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I frequent the area when in town and had heard about this little pub nestled in quaint little neighborhood. When I read the reviews they were either really good or really bad. Well they get my vote. We had the crab dip and the crab cakes which were amazing. My husband grew up ont he Chesapeake Bay so it is hard to impress him with a crabcake but they managed.
The service...well our waitress didn't have much of a sense of humor or smile but afterall, it is very much a pub atmosphere.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A great fun find. Turns out it was on triple D and I didn't even know. The crab cakes are amazing and the pretzel crab dip appetizer with bacon was so good! Very fun attmosphere.

Been to Davis Pub? Share your experiences!