“Barely average”

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Annapolis
“Barely average”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is just another Motel, everone is friendly, but they cant chage the hotel. If you are looking for a place to sleep you are right here, if you are looking for any comfort that a hotel would offer - keep looking, but elsewhere

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The woman at reception was surly and made it clear we were interuppting her night (7PM!!) we paid a bond for our room which we were told was in case we smoked in it....thats rich as the room stunk of stale cigarette smoke!!! Room decore was as tired as we were. Recommend you sleep in your car instead if you can not get anywhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 4myxtc

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here a week ago while taking our son to college. We booked online at Hotwire and got a good rate, only to learn when we arrived at the hotel, they actually have 3 buildings. We were placed in the "motel" building with exterior doors and is definitely the older building of the 3. I guess you get what you pay for.

We booked a non-smoking room with two beds however you can tell the room was smoked in previously, or was old enough that you can never get the smells out of the room.

The staff at the front desk was very helpful. Breakfast was fine with coffee, waffles, toast/bagels, cereal, etc.

Would stay here again however, would like a different building, mainly the one with the interior rooms for the same price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacy H
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago while visiting my son and had no problems. We booked at a discount rate and got a non-smoking room with two beds and. We had an interior room. It was located in the second building further from the main lobby. We arrived a bit early and was able to check in. The staff at the front desk was very helpful. We brought our two grandchildren and of course they had to take advantage of the pool. The pool area was very clean, towels were provided and they actually had a life guard on duty who showed concern about my youngest's ability to swim!! Breakfast was fine. We didn't expect a gourmet meal, but coffee, waffles, toast/bagels, cereal, etc were available. I also thought the breakfast staff was fine. We took ourbreakfast outside and sat and ate it on a small patio that was attached to the building. It was no problem for us to walk here from our room. We had a small issue one day with housekeeping but no big deal. Our room was clean and the a.c. worked. We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kenko
jstk, General Manager at Best Western Annapolis, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to you staying with us again!
Shannon Jensen General Manager
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was very disappointed when I got to this hotel. I got a low rate, especially for Annapolis, but I suppose you get what you pay for. The rooms are accessed from the outside rather than a secure indoor hallway. I checked the Best Western Annapolis website again and it does call it a hotel, not a motel. I would say it's a motel because of the exterior entrance and staff/breakfast in a separate building. My room smelled smoky and musty. I kept the fan in the bathroom on all night but it didn't help too much with the smell. The free breakfast was okay and staff was average. Several of my friends stayed at the nearby Holiday Inn Express and I would stay there instead if I could do it over. It was much nicer--more spacious rooms, updated decor, no smells, and felt more secure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tcelline
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed 1 night. The room was dated and very dark. The breakfast was ok. Just thought it would be nicer. Sometimes I wonder if they give you a room that's ok because I used discounted booking online. I also thought it would have been located closer to the naval academy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ymcafl
PA
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I love to travel and I'm not an expensive traveler but I am a wise one. I take hours and hours researching, in-fact I actually first booked Comfort Inn in Towson and cancelled it and booked this Best Western. I am glad I did. First, its very clean, 2nd they let me check in 3 hours early and the front desk couldn't be any nicer. We're only 15 min from Annapolis Harbor and the neighborhood is great because we're behind a business center. Its quiet. The pool is clean and has a life guard. Breakfast is free and consists of waffles , biscuits with gravy as well as coffee tea and juices.

I am satisfied and would recommend. No, its not a Hyatt and it is a motel but at the same time it doesn't have Hyatt prices. I paid $129. 2 queens, fridge, microwave, cabinets and a safe.

Room Tip: no need to :) but being in the same building as the front desk is closer and quiet