“Good place to stay for under $70/night”

Best Western Annapolis
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good place to stay for under $70/night”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

When I made reservations for this hotel, I was excited. Great location, price dropped on several sites, and it looked like it had a pool and a jacuzzi. First letdown was the lack of jacuzzi, and the fact that the pool was outdoors, hence closed in March. Once we got into our room, again I became excited, the table was big enough for my laptop and had room left over for someone to write or just sit and read. Only the light above the table had no bulb in it and the internet was out all weekend. Thank goodness our phones worked on their own internal data package and we were able to use phone internet. Maintenance replaced the bulb, and did it swiftly. Why did the maid service allow that to go unnoticed, though?
The heating system was weird - and the vent cover kept flopping open - nothing maintenance could do about that!
Breakfast was absolutely to die for, and plentiful. Space was limited, but they did their best with what they had. Excellent choice between hot and cold breakfast items - toast, bagels, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, make-your-own waffles, light yogurts, cereal, and fruit. An excellent, beautiful presentation, and coffee with liquid creamer at any time that I wanted it. Delightful.
Sleep was needed and the beds were soft, and my husband and I kept gravitating toward each other while sleeping, not so much from mutual attraction but because the bed had a huge dip in the middle, and we woke up both mornings with terrific backaches.
If the rate per night had been below 70 bucks, I would understand this more. Unfortunately, it was $105 per night, and that's a bit steep.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Currently staying here at the best western and have killed 5 stinkbugs and am now afraid to sleep. The staff is excellent and the rooms are nice. Welp im off to battle these bugs all night it seems.

• Stayed January 2011
Michigan
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We had a lacrosse tournament Nov 18-21 and stayed here with the team. First thing i did was look for bed bugs. I pulled sheets off matresses, went around all the seams, lifted mattress off bed lean against wall repeated on box springs, leaned them against wall went around bed frame. I did this on both beds ..THERE WERE NO BED BUGS ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND. NONE ... the room was very nice, we were is room 161c .. must have been the newer building because everything was freshly painted and very clean. Modern desgins and furniture .. it was very clean, did i mention that because i am really picky about that .. it can be old as long as clean and it was. The breakfast in the morning was normal continential breakfast but plenty of food, nice eating area .. i found this hotel to be very quiet, it is right off expressway but i didn't hear any highway sounds. There is a strip mall newer plaza right across the street with a nice grocery store, a liquor and wine store, two coffee shops and two resturants.. if you didn't have a car you would still be okay. We were down town and around the area to all the high schools for the tournament and this location was perfect for that . The staff was very nice and accomadating, I definetly would stay here again for the price it is a very good deal.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Salisbury Md
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Staff was very accomidating to me and my colleagues on our last minute trip. They went well above the call of duty to help us with some not so ordinary requests. I would reccomend this hotel to people who are looking for a friendly , clean , moderately priced place to stay in Annapolis.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cheermomSalisburyMd
arlington
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I was not impressed. For a $120/night room. The room was outdated, worn and looked dirty. The bathroom door did not close, the fridge in the room would not open correctly, the TV was old and the picture was fuzzy. The only positive comment I can make is I did sleep comfortably on the bed and they offer free breakfast.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Mauch Chunk
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This hotel is top rate! The rooms are clean, staff is very professional and accomodating. Any extras we asked for were delivered promptly and courteously. The breakfast was top rate with foods that were repleneshed promptly. We plan to visit relatives in area often and will stay at the Best Western because of great service and location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelin-libby
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I was visiting my son at the U.S. Naval Academy for Parents Weekend. There was a Navy football game the same weekend and hotel rooms are so scarce that hotel rates often triple, so I had to make the reservations 4 months ahead of time to guarantee I could get a room. I felt lucky to pay just $153 per night each of the 3 nights.
On September 11th I found about a dozen small cockroaches in and around the bathroom sink. I took a towel and crushed some, then flooded the sink to put water down the overflow drain hole near the top of the sink hoping to wash the ones I saw there into the drain. I found a housekeeper near my room and tried to tell her about the bugs, but she didn't understand or speak English. I had to walk down to the front desk to tell Bonnie (she's the very nice woman who works the front desk) and she promised to send the maintenance man. About 20 minutes later the maintenance man arrived with a can of raid and I saw 2 more bugs from the bathroom door while he was there. I pointed at them and he sprayed all around the bathroom and the rest of the room.
If I could have found another hotel room I would have, but there weren't any available hotel rooms within 50 miles and it was important to stay to show support for my son since it was the last time I'll see him before he graduates next spring.
I've stayed at that hotel before without any problem. Unfortunately, their rooms tend to be dirty and the walls and carpet are brown which may have camoflouged the problem.
I would have taken pictures of the problem but realized they wouldn't have proven anything except that a sink somewhere had bugs in it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family