“Memories that Will Last a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Annapolis Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
The Annapolis Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Memories that Will Last a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Annapolis Inn is a wonderful bed and breakfast and a great place to make memories that will last a lifetime.

I highly recommend the Annapolis Inn for romantic getaways; Alex and Joe are gracious and caring hosts, and the inn itself is a beautiful house steeped in history. The hosts helped me plan a getaway weekend for me and my partner, and they helped me organize my marriage proposal that went off without a hitch. Alex knew all the best restaurants and locales, so we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves.

If you want to pamper yourself, or your partner, you will love the Annapolis Inn. My partner and I are looking forward to visiting Alex and Joe again and again to celebrate our marriage in the place it began - the lap of luxury.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed at the Annapolis Inn for our engagement weekend, and Alex and Joe provided outstanding accommodations. They played an integral role in planning the proposal, dinner reservations, and a nightcap of champagne and fresh chocolate-covered strawberries, and our stay at the Inn truly was a dream come true.

Upon returning to the Inn after our adventures in Annapolis, Alex and Joe greeted us warmly every time, eager to hear about our day and always willing to suggest more adventures and places to eat.

Breakfast was exquisite. Each morning, Alex prepared a three-course breakfast served on gorgeous plates and chargers. They spent time to get to know us so that our stay was customized and no detail was overlooked. For example, Alex knew I spoke Italian and was eager to return to Italy, and he and Joe included bits of Italy in various parts of our stay, including a hand-written welcome note in Italian and homemade panetonne French toast.

Alex and Joe are very involved in the Annapolis community, specifically with the United States Naval Academy. They maintain outreach efforts with the Midshipmen to support their efforts in serving our country. It's nice to know that we stayed at a bed and breakfast run by hosts who are so committed to the Annapolis and Academy communities.

If you're looking for a great place to stay that is filled with history, warmth, and excellent food, the Annapolis Inn is the place for you. We feel blessed to have Joe and Alex as a part of our engagement story and highly recommend the Annapolis Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

Alex and Joe know the town, understand the Academy and perfect hosts for either a business trip or vacation. Perhaps more expensive than average and justified by the convenience (park your car and walk everywhere) to town and thorough quality of the Inn. Amidst a torrential rainstorm, we enjoyed cocktails in our sitting room while our son relaxed in the simple jacuzzi. The Inn respects its 200 year history; is not pretentious; and is uniquely comfortable.

Room Tip: for best or most appropriate room, ask Alex for advice.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Our hosts were very accomodating and the overall experience grand. We will recommend to friends and family. Breakfast was exquisite and the conversation lively and enjoyable. Very interesting and well maintained from a historical viewpoint.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

Well I have stayed at many B & B and this was a different experience. First when arriving we where not told we could use any of the common ares - we soon learned why...more on that latter. The third floor suite was clean at least but do not look for anywhere comfortable to sit down, It was more like a museum of stiff things to look at!! I guess it would not be so bad if it did not cost more than any other one I have stayed at. For $404 a night and not to be able to get coffee at seven for a walk gime a break. Breakfast was amazing i got scrambled eggs - LOL The best was the feeling of a frat house not a B & B - I soon learned why we not meant to feel welcome on the first floor, over the two days I was there the foyer was full of duffle bags and a constant floor of midshipmen that came and went all hours of the day!! We never felt like sitting down in the middle of the first floor and feel it was almost encouraged to go to our room. Not that I am not grateful and appreciative of them but we are paying top dollar for an expected atmosphere which these two guys are clueless about!! Do yourself a favor - Save money, have a better time and stay somewhere else. Sorry boys but you need to go back to school......on what you are running here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adam312
1J4P4L, Owner at The Annapolis Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
This review and the one that follows were written by a married couple. They do not identify themselves as a married couple traveling together in their reviews, but instead, they sent two separate reviews as if they were two separate couples. They are obviously trying to maximize their negative impact on us by pretending that the two reviews by two different couples were unassociated. That in itself is a violation of TripAdvisor rules.

This couple stayed with us on the weekend of June 24th and 25th. She submitted her review on June 28th , “Ridiculously expensive for what you got...”. She states that she was here in May and does not provide the exact dates of her stay. That's because she was not with us in May. Our records show and can prove that no one from Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania or Delaware was a guest in our inn during the month of May.

He submitted his review the next day on June 29th “No what to expect from a B and B”. What's so amazing about this man and his wife is that they expect us to be mindreaders. They had many opportunities to ask for whatever they wanted. Certainly we can serve an early morning coffee, but guests need to let us know in advance. This couple told us that they were early risers and would go out for their usual early morning walk. Otherwise, as stated on our website, our breakfasts start at 8 a.m.

On the first morning of their stay, I heard him go out at 7 am, and I thought that they both were going out for their walk, as many of our guests do. When he returned, he had a cup of Starbucks coffee in his hand. When I saw him, I said that I would have been glad to have coffee ready for him at 7 a.m if he had told us. I was sure to let him know that on the following morning we would be glad to have coffee ready for him. As soon as I made the offer, he refused it.

This man hurt his back at the gym just before he arrived and was in severe pain all weekend, but wouldn't admit it until the morning he left, and he told us that he needed to see his chiropractor first thing on Monday morning. “There was no place to sit down where he was comfortable”. He wasn't comfortable sitting down, laying down, standing up or in any other position. It was not the fault of our bed, chairs or other furnishings in his room or elsewhere; it was the fact that he pulled out his back at the gym. We offered to call our chiropractor for him, and we gave him our only bottle of Biofreeze, a very difficult to find product that is excellent for muscle pain like his, and in spite of extending ourselves whenever we could, he stated that we do not put our customers first.

Of course he didn't mention in his review that when he got lost on the way to our Inn that he called me, and I stayed on the phone with him to direct him to the Inn until his vehicle pulled up to our front door. Nor did he mention that he belittled me on the phone when he found out that we don't have off-street parking. Conveniently, he also didn't mention that he tried to leave without paying the balance due on his reservation. Mentioning also that we made recommendations for their dinners and made the reservations for them as well was not mentioned in his review. He also chose not to mention that it was his luggage in the hallway with the luggage of other guests that he was complaining about. We were more than happy to hold on to his luggage for as long as he wanted so that they could enjoy as much of the day as possible in Annapolis (there was an Irish Day festival on Sunday that they wanted to see).

In retrospect, I am not sure why this couple chose to stay with us in Annapolis. They were a very poor match for what we are, what we offer and what we provide. A glitzy 5 star hotel in a fast paced environment would have been a much better match. They neither expressed nor showed any appreciation for history or antiques, historic architecture, the Naval Academy (or things military), the Chesapeake Bay (she gets sea sick), fine foods, social gatherings and interacting with others. This is like going to Disney World and being offended and upset because you meet Disney characters, see parades and visit Sleeping Beauty's castle. If that's how one feels, why would one go there in the first place? I would not recommend a visit to Annapolis for anyone else whose only interest is racing sports cars.

We are also very offended by the disparaging attitude given to those outstanding Midshipmen at the US Naval Academy who are deliberately putting themselves in harms way to protect our lives, rights and freedom.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I visited Annapolis and chose the Annapolis Inn based on reviews on this site. Wrong move! If you want a $400 a night room that looks like where someone kept their staff in the 1800's this is the place for you! After seeing the room and being disappointed, I was hopeful that breakfast might make up for it - wrong again. We were served scrambled eggs - seriously? I can make those at home. The other thing you need to know about this place is that the owners sponsor cadets from the Academy - and they will be in the house day and night. So if you just want a room and no access to any common areas, this is the place for you. The owners are both kind people - I think they have just forgotten that they are running a business and their guests should come first. I really think we can do much better next time we travel to Annapolis.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vlgirl
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

We have been staying at The Annapolis Inn since 2007, when our son first was invited to visit the Naval Academy for potential admittance.

Since then, we have stayed at the Inn every visit to Annapolis and enjoyed the hospitality and friendship of owners Joe and Alex, and the warmth of the entire town, thanks to them.

Joe and Alex not only facilitated dinner reservations, and great suggestions for historic local sites to visit, they invited our son and other midshipmen to their home for dinners, holidays, and family-style fellowship and events for many of the kids away from their families.

It's been four years and many visits for us, culminated by graduation at the end of this May. We were fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Inn with several of our family members during Commissioning Week, and will never forget the wonderful and meaningful time we spent with Joe and Alex.

Breakfasts were delicious - and we were offered plenty of options for big or light eaters. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, and plenty of extras are available (towels, shampoo, etc...)

The Annapolis Inn is so much more than a nice place to stay - we have made wonderful friends and enjoyed the historic inn, and will be back, even though our son graduated!

Room Tip: Each room is beautiful and comfortable
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family