“Great meal”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located on Market Space in the Historical District of Annapolis, The Federal House is nestled among a shopping and sightseeing haven. Have lunch and experience the unique charm of the world's sailing capital or visit us for dinner to check out Annapolis's extraordinary nightlife. The Federal House, established in 1830, has a handicapped entrance and is pet friendly and partnered with oyster recovery, Navy Athletics, and Paws boutique.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were passing through Annapolis on our way to Ohio and wanted to check it out. We went downtown and used an app to find restaurants nearby. The Federal House was one that rated highly and was nearby. ( Parking was pretty easy on a Thurs afternoon as well.) It was a great choice. I had the 1/2 and 1/2 combo. Half summer salad and a cup of Cream of Crab soup. The soup was delicious. I would have loved a bowl of it. The salad had almonds, berries, peaches, and feta in it. I was very pleased with my choice. My husband had the hogan ( ? ) which was basically a ruben. He enjoyed his sandwich and fries. You can also substitute sweet potato fries. There was outside seating but it looked like rain. Rain it did, glad we sat inside.

Jeremy B, Owner at The Federal House Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hi, Holly! Thanks for making us a part of your road trip. It's great to hear that everything you tried really hit the spot. You can't beat a fresh cup of our crab soup, right? We hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation! We'll see you next time.

Best,

There are newer reviews for The Federal House Bar & Grille

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I would like too thank the owner and staff of the Federal Inn for one of the best dining experiences we ever had anywhere. Me and my wife have been looking for that special go to place for awhile now when we visit Annapolis. We found it today! We always bring our dog so we look for ouside pet friendly seating. To our surprise they already have water bowls at each table and a doggie menu. Shadow our golden retriever gives his dinner 5 paws! Since we were first timers we let our server help us with our selections. She recommend the crab soup for an appitzer. Wow! I could of called that my meal and been very happy. But why stop now. She suggested the crab cakes.These are huge all lump crabmeat. They aren't messin around here! My wife had the fresh flounder stuffed with, what else? more crab. Yea! It doesn't get any better. But it does! As a craft beer lover I was pleasantly surprised at the list. All the good ones all on draught. The service is knowledgeable and accommodating! We cant wait till our next visit too Annapolis.

Jeremy B, Owner at The Federal House Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

5 paws from Shadow? I love it! Thanks for taking the time to share such great feedback. It sounds like you, your wife, and Shadow had a blast trying a few of our signature dishes, which is excellent. I hope to welcome you back in during your next trip to Annapolis! We'll have a cup of our crab soup with your name on it.

Until then,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Went there for an early dinner (about 4:30 pm). Service was slow at first (we almost left after being seated and no one approached) but after waiting less than ten minutes (which in our opinion) we were finally greeted by our waiter. I order a French dip and my husband ordered an
Almost Cajun sandwich. Both were very good and tasty. I'd go back!

Jeremy B, Owner at The Federal House Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

I'm very sorry to hear that your meal was off to a slow start -- waiting 10 minutes to see your server certainly isn't okay in our book. That said, I'm glad it was all uphill from there. It sounds like you and your husband enjoyed your dishes, which is great. I hope the rest of your trip to Annapolis was a blast!

Until next time,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Annapolis is full of places to eat or grab a cocktail, from ''dive bars'' to fine dining. Federal House Bar & Grille is somewhere in the middle: lively, fun, has a full menu for food and spirits, and offers a friendly wait staff.

Whether you prefer beef or fish, the food is prepared well and in good-sized proportions. The only let down was the apple-caramel crisp dessert. Get something else.

Service is good and prices won't break the bank.

Hey, Mark! Thanks for taking the time to share your review -- I'm sorry that the Apple Crisp didn't hit the spot, though. As always, don't hesitate to let us know if something isn't tasting perfect. That said, we have plenty on our menu, so I hope you'll see something more to your liking next time.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed coming by our fun atmosphere for a bite to eat. We hope to see you back in soon to check out more of our menu!

Until next time,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The coctails were not really good, however the food was fine. I got the burger and my wife got brushetta chicken salad and we both liked the food. The place is well decorated and kid friendly.

Jeremy B, Owner at The Federal House Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks for making us a part of your trip to Annapolis, Baris! While I'm glad to hear that the food was enjoyed, I'm sorry that the cocktails weren't as stellar. If anything ever comes out less than perfect, don't hesitate to let us know -- we'd be happy to find something else more to your liking!

I hope to welcome you back in to try out more of our menu during your next visit!

Take care,