“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located on Market Space in the Historical District of Annapolis, The Federal House is nestled among a shopping and sightseeing haven. Have lunch and experience the unique charm of the world's sailing capital or visit us for dinner to check out Annapolis's extraordinary nightlife. The Federal House, established in 1830, has a handicapped entrance and is pet friendly and partnered with oyster recovery, Navy Athletics, and Paws boutique.
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Wow, glad I chose to eat here! The cream of chowder soup was fantastic and the crab cakes were some of the best I have ever had. Our server was very nice and it was fun sitting in the bar area. Great atmosphere!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was my 2nd time eating here, and both times it was very busy. This time we were a group of 8 walk-ins for dinner at 8:30, and waited less than 5 min. for them to set up a table in the quieter part of the restaurant. Service was excellent, every order was right, and the others in my group had no complaints. Since we were going to be partying at our hotel later that night, I ordered a light dinner of soup & salad with a glass of wine. The cream of crab soup was excellent -- some of the best I've ever eaten. Their field greens salad came with fresh greens & Italian vinaigrette on the side -- a BIG PLUS in my book because I hate salads drenched in dressings. A few in the group ordered full dinners, and all the food came out from the kitchen at the same time or at their expected times. I don't make it into Annapolis but once every 5 years, but this is a place I will always enjoy each time I visit.

1  Thank cmb2
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great atmosphere and great options for food. Reasonable prices for seafood and other options for those who do not like seafood. This was the best place we ate at while there!

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This super dog friendly spot took care of our 5 person party very effectively. We requested outdoor seating. The server however was below standard. He didn't even know what rye bread was! The grapefruit crush was mediocre and the shrimp salad was average.I do love that the hostess got our dog water and the fact that they had a dog menu. We got the dog a peanut butter tournover. She loved it!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We enjoyed a great lunch at the Federal House today. I enjoyed the Cuban sandwich and she enjoyed an amazing Rueben (which I should have ordered). The fries are deliciously crispy as they’re battered in flour and wheat before being fried. Amazing! The beer selection is fantastic but by lunchtime Saturday, as we discovered, most of it is consumed the night prior so there didn’t seem to be much (if any) of their better beers left (like the sought after seasonal brews). Nevertheless, our waiter was prompt and courteous and the food was served quickly. As we ate outside I can’t comment on the interior of the place but I’m comfortable recommending it based on our experience today.

1  Thank EinReisenderAusCA