“Fine and Friendly - But Pricey”

The Federal House Bar & Grille
Ranked #16 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located on Market Space in the Historical District of Annapolis, The Federal House is nestled among a shopping and sightseeing haven. Have lunch and experience the unique charm of the world's sailing capital or visit us for dinner to check out Annapolis's extraordinary nightlife. The Federal House, established in 1830, has a handicapped entrance and is pet friendly and partnered with oyster recovery, Navy Athletics, and Paws boutique.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The creamy crab soup was delicious and we ordered a steamed shrimp appetizer which had about 8 good-sized shrimp that we split between the 4 of us.

We were all happy with our entrees, but it was expensive for a family of 4. With the tip we spent over $120...a bit more than we expected for sandwiches and a salad.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We got there around 9PM after a long days drive. Had seen the reviews on tripadvisor so we decided to try it. I had a crab cake dinner which was good, but the sides were boring. There was a live band playing on the other side which was quite loud. Overall it was fairly expensive for mediocre food.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The food at Federal House is very good. I had the crab and mango salad. My husband had the French dip...he says it's the best French dip ever! And my dog enjoyed what we selected from the doggie menu. The tables set up on the sidewalk are a great place to people watch!

1  Thank Penelope S
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Annapolis is so beautiful but we were hard pressed to find a good restaurant that would fit everyone in our party of nine which included one vegetarian & a finicky nine-year-old. This place fit the bill. We collectively ordered cream of crab soup, Caesar salad, fish-n-chips, roasted rockfish, steamed shrimp, crab cake sandwiches, mini burgers, veggie pita, and crab mango salad...no one was disappointed! Good service & cool atmosphere in historic building.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently had lunch at The Federal House and was rather disappointed. I ordered the crab cake sandwich for $16.99 and the crab cake itself wasn't much larger than a silver dollar! I ate the sandwich in 4 bites. They skimped on the fries as well. I am not a big eater but left hungry. My strawberry daiquiri...well it was like a miniature shake . I really don't think there was an ounce of rum in it. The restaurant has such character and the outdoor seating is lovely. I can only hope the food and drinks improve,

2  Thank TallieB